Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Should They Stay/Go?

This is all about the front office. As far as I can tell both GMZ and Wedge have expiring contract after this season, and as the season wears on to the finish line, this topic will only get hotter and hotter.

Let's try not to talk about the ownership, or about Lincoln and Armstrong. Why? Its pointless. We are all in agreement that new ownership would be great, but the only person who gets to make a decision in that is Yamauchi... therefore its pointless to discuss. Same with Walker and Armstrong... we're all in agreement they need to go, but let's be honest that they aren't going anywhere. If their jobs were in jeopardy they would have been gone a loooong time ago.

As for GMZ and Wedge, whether its the pros or cons of each, some of us are beginning to sound like broken records in this arena of discussion, myself included. Makes sense to corral the conversation over here.

Go for it!
    Last edited by CamraMaan; 07-21-2013 at 10:14 PM.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Oh yeah, unless someone beats me to it, I was thinking about putting together a master list of all the trades GMZ has made, as well as a list of all the "significant" FA signings he's had, both good and bad. We'll see when I get the time to do it, and if someone else feels motivated to compile them first... it would make it a lot easier to judge Jack while looking at his actual history here.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    I fully in support of GMZ returning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    I fully in support of GMZ returning.
    I was thinking about this yesterday, and honestly, I want GMZ to return. I've been a rollercoaster in my opinion of GMZ.... but he's really done an awesome job revamping our farm system. The turnaround in the ML isn't really there yet, but you can see the signs.

Wedge I 100% wholeheartedly have always want gone since last season.

GMZ is giving us hope. Wedge seems to be doing the opposite.

I'd be fine with GMZ missing on a couple trades so long as he's going to continue to replenish our system. Hopefully he doesn't whiff as often or as bad.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    **** Wedge.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Keep Z and **** Wedge.

Who the hell is Walker?

vCash
    Wedge isn't going anywhere until Z gets an extension, so I guess stand pat. One more botched trade or one more suckfest season and blow up the front office.

vCash
    What's your definition of a suckfest season?

.500 or below?

What happens if we can't get any good free agents again and are stuck with bargain bin guys and the youn talent continues to play well, but not enough to win 81-85 games?

Next. Year might actually be more of the make or break year for them. We need to see continued success from the rookies or they're gone (FO not players)

vCash
    Somehow, someway, they've gotta figure out how to draw free agents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    What's your definition of a suckfest season?

.500 or below?

What happens if we can't get any good free agents again and are stuck with bargain bin guys and the youn talent continues to play well, but not enough to win 81-85 games?

Next. Year might actually be more of the make or break year for them. We need to see continued success from the rookies or they're gone (FO not players)
    He's fired... period. Nice drafting, now get the **** out. Time for an actual GM to finish what you can't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    He's fired... period. Nice drafting, now get the **** out. Time for an actual GM to finish what you can't.
    I definitely think if Miller and Franklin **** the bed, Ackley continues to suck, Montero is suspended/sucking/blahblahblah then Z is fired. But as of right now I definitely think we keep Z.

I can see the light
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    Somehow, someway, they've gotta figure out how to draw free agents.
    All it takes is one big name.... Then they'll come.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    Oh yeah, unless someone beats me to it, I was thinking about putting together a master list of all the trades GMZ has made, as well as a list of all the "significant" FA signings he's had, both good and bad. We'll see when I get the time to do it, and if someone else feels motivated to compile them first... it would make it a lot easier to judge Jack while looking at his actual history here.
    or we can just look at the record and standings.

this is his 5th yr and we haven't sniffed the playoffs, we have a lower winning % than 2012 and get to beat up on the stros. we cant just be a team that pencils in a 4th place finish every year. for me its going to ride on how they play the 2nd half led by this young core. passing the angles and making significant ground in playoff race is a must for z to stay. this team would have confidence they can compete next yr instead of pressure being put on offseason moves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    All it takes is one big name.... Then they'll come.
    beltre came over.

i dont buy the we cant land FA excuse. 80% of teams cant even have conversations with fielder, hamilton, cano. yet some of them make the playoffs. some classes are just not very fruitful. we have every opportunity to get choo, ellsbury and just about anyone in this year's class.

vCash
    Armstrong, Lincoln, Wedge, and Z can all go.

Get this team a new leadership regime top to bottom.

Z has made enough dumb *** trades for my liking.

Would I be upset if Z gets an extension? It wouldn't be my favorite choice, but I hate Wedge.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast