Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Alex Rios Traded to Rangers for Leury Garcia

I know we had a conversation about Rios's value in the Rangers forum with a few of you, so I stumbled on this article today that was pretty interesting.

http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/ar...holtz/14058245

vCash

Alex Rios Value

I know this is pretty new to assess value, but you can't sit here and tell me that Nate Schierholtz and Alex Rios have the same value in term of prospects. Also you have to take into effect that this is the trade deadline and teams have a little more leverage when selling. Things are just different at the trade deadline.

vCash
    Schierholtz isn't half the bat that Rios is, but then again, he's more than half as expensive. Don't underestimate the financials behind it. I do think that he's worth more than just one top 50-100 prospect (a couple of "projects" with high ceilings would round out the package for sure) but the kind of haul you suggested, with multiple top 30s being dealt, is unrealistic.

vCash
    I understand the financials behind it, and per dollar, Schierholtz is probably more value if you think he can play at his current level, but there is also value in getting the better player. Look at the Marlins, per dollar spent, they are probably at the top of the majors, but that doesn't do them much because they aren't paying more talented players. For a contending team trying to get over the top, it is worth it to pay a premium for the better player. Rios probably won't, and shouldn't net two top 50 specs, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got a top 50 prospect and a couple of fringe prospects.

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

vCash

Alex Rios Value

I get the whole thing of not wanting to part with your best prospects and everything, but if im a Pirates fan, I want my team to do what would help me get into the damn playoffs. Get a shot at a WS title. If that means my team has to give up a player like a Polanco or Hanson to get a guy who can really help me offensively and defensively.

I also hate people do t want to give up much for Garza because he is a rental, but those same people don't want to give up much because he is owed $30 million at most over the next two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    I get the whole thing of not wanting to part with your best prospects and everything, but if im a Pirates fan, I want my team to do what would help me get into the damn playoffs. Get a shot at a WS title. If that means my team has to give up a player like a Polanco or Hanson to get a guy who can really help me offensively and defensively.

I also hate people do t want to give up much for Garza because he is a rental, but those same people don't want to give up much because he is owed $30 million at most over the next two years.
    I'm with you here buddy. Peavy has more value then Garza

vCash
    Rios has been mostly good for the Sox. Why give him away for nothing? Just because you are rebuilding doesn't mean you give players away. If Rios was going FA at the end of the year....I would understand. he is not.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    www.twitter.com/Sawchik_Trib

Also per @BiertempfelTrib the White Sox asked for Jameson Taillon or Gregory Polanco for Rios. They were quickly told 'no' by Prates.
    The White Sox apparently have interest in Alex Dickerson, OF so perhaps asking price will come down.
    Dickerson kids stats look pretty good....

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=dicker001ale

vCash
    David Kaplan ‏@thekapman
    Sounds like White Sox and Pirates are getting close on a deal for Alex Rios. Cash being worked on. Not sure if they can find a middle ground
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    Take this as a good sign, if they have already figured out the prospects involved, cant imagine that hey will let the money prevent a deal...
    White Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, Spartans
    Go Green! Go White!

If Pro is the opposite of Con, what is the opposite of Progress?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    if thats all,i'd rather not deal with them

vCash
    not much of a return if it's just him
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    The Sox did ask for there top specs but were told no, so hopefully if the Sox kick in some more cash they can get Dickerson plus more.

vCash
    Merkin says Sox also want Tyler Glasnow. Also seeing some things about Peavy and Ramirez to Pit. I still think Peavy and Ramirez to STL has a legit chance.

vCash

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast