Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,487
    vCash
    500

    Schwartz ranked no.21 among NFL coaches


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,122
    vCash
    1500
    didnt some writer last offseason rank him #1? lol
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,081
    vCash
    2000
    I can't find the article but I read somewhere that said he essentially rested last year and took the 2011 season for granted. That alone should put him in the bottom spot for me.



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA.
    Posts
    25,310
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I can't find the article but I read somewhere that said he essentially rested last year and took the 2011 season for granted. That alone should put him in the bottom spot for me.
    That was from that alleged report from backus... But 21 is much too high... Speaking of high, where's cwick been?
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,031
    vCash
    1500
    That whole list of rankings was messed up. For the people saying too high at 21, he was ranked ahead of all the rookies by virtue of them being rookies...other than that he was put ahead of dennis allen and a few classic under acheivers. Personally I have no problem with it but can think of a few veteran coaches id put behind schwartz as well.
    Last edited by danielleighgill; 07-20-2013 at 04:36 PM.

    PSD Lions Fantasy Football Champ

    IamDanGill on twitter.



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,487
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by danielleighgill View Post
    That whole list of rankings was messed up. For the people saying too high at 21, he was ranked ahead of all the rookies by virtue of them being rookies...other than that he was put ahead of dennis allen and a few classic under acheivers. Personally I have no problem with it but can think of a few veteran coaches id put behind schwartz as well.
    Only 6 rookies on the list, Schwartz should be 26th then.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dirty Mitten
    Posts
    14,653
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    That was from that alleged report from backus... But 21 is much too high... Speaking of high, where's cwick been?
    Im here.. Just been busy

    Ehh.. 21 is prolly good.. We have alot of first year coaches..

    Off-season Sucks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,031
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun:26721206
    Quote Originally Posted by danielleighgill View Post
    That whole list of rankings was messed up. For the people saying too high at 21, he was ranked ahead of all the rookies by virtue of them being rookies...other than that he was put ahead of dennis allen and a few classic under acheivers. Personally I have no problem with it but can think of a few veteran coaches id put behind schwartz as well.
    Only 6 rookies on the list, Schwartz should be 26th then.
    I guess you're entitled to your opinion. Personally id rather have schwartz than allen, frazier, garrett, bradley, philbin, munchak, or shiano. I probably butchered a few of those names.

    PSD Lions Fantasy Football Champ

    IamDanGill on twitter.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,487
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by danielleighgill View Post
    I guess you're entitled to your opinion. Personally id rather have schwartz than allen, frazier, garrett, bradley, philbin, munchak, or shiano. I probably butchered a few of those names.
    Maybe you're right. I dislike the guy, so I'm putting him as low as possible without really thinking too hard about it. I would take Leslie Frazier over Schwartz in a heartbeat though. I'm gonna list them below and see how it ends up for me.

    1. Coughlin (NYG)
    2. Belichick (NE)
    3. Tomlin (PIT)
    4. McCarthy (GB)
    5. Harbaugh (BAL)
    6. Fox (DEN)
    7. Payton (NO)
    8. Fisher (STL)
    9. Harbaugh (SF)
    10. Shanahan (WAS)
    11. Frazier (MIN)
    12. Carroll (SEA)
    13. Arians (ARI)
    14. Kubiak (HOU)
    15. Smith (ATL)
    16. Philbin (MIA)
    17. Pagano (IND)
    18. Lewis (CIN)
    19. Garrett (DAL)
    20. Ryan (NYJ)
    21. Reid (KC)
    22. Rivera (CAR)
    23. Schwartz (DET)
    24. Munchak (TEN)
    25. Schiano (TB)
    26. Kelly (PHI)
    27-32 (tie): Allen, Bradley, Chudzinski, Marrone, McCoy, Trestman

    Now that you look at it this way, I guess Schwartz at 21 wasnt so far off. At the end of the season however, those bottom 6-7 new coaches won't all be ranked so low. You got to figure at least half of them will fare better than a guy with a 22-42 record. I can see the Schwartz ending up the season in the low 20s to 30 range. Hopefully that will be his last ranking as the head coach of the Detroit Lions.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,031
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun:26721876
    Quote Originally Posted by danielleighgill View Post
    I guess you're entitled to your opinion. Personally id rather have schwartz than allen, frazier, garrett, bradley, philbin, munchak, or shiano. I probably butchered a few of those names.
    Maybe you're right. I dislike the guy, so I'm putting him as low as possible without really thinking too hard about it. I would take Leslie Frazier over Schwartz in a heartbeat though. I'm gonna list them below and see how it ends up for me.

    1. Coughlin (NYG)
    2. Belichick (NE)
    3. Tomlin (PIT)
    4. McCarthy (GB)
    5. Harbaugh (BAL)
    6. Fox (DEN)
    7. Payton (NO)
    8. Fisher (STL)
    9. Harbaugh (SF)
    10. Shanahan (WAS)
    11. Frazier (MIN)
    12. Carroll (SEA)
    13. Arians (ARI)
    14. Kubiak (HOU)
    15. Smith (ATL)
    16. Philbin (MIA)
    17. Pagano (IND)
    18. Lewis (CIN)
    19. Garrett (DAL)
    20. Ryan (NYJ)
    21. Reid (KC)
    22. Rivera (CAR)
    23. Schwartz (DET)
    24. Munchak (TEN)
    25. Schiano (TB)
    26. Kelly (PHI)
    27-32 (tie): Allen, Bradley, Chudzinski, Marrone, McCoy, Trestman

    Now that you look at it this way, I guess Schwartz at 21 wasnt so far off. At the end of the season however, those bottom 6-7 new coaches won't all be ranked so low. You got to figure at least half of them will fare better than a guy with a 22-42 record. I can see the Schwartz ending up the season in the low 20s to 30 range. Hopefully that will be his last ranking as the head coach of the Detroit Lions.
    I guess I look at it like this...
    Schwartz inherited arguably the worst nfl team ever. His first two seasons are almost throw aways in my mind. In his third season we win 10 games and made the playoffs and last year we regressed. If you just look at the last two seasons though were two games under .500 with a playoff appearence and thats with some pretty outrageous roster problems including the titus young matter, the off field issues, and a lengthy list of injuries even by nfl standards. As far as those things go you cant blame Schwartz for the injuries off field issues or even the titus ordeal. Those are all problems the front office chose to gamble on with these players and it backfired.

    All that being said if you look at the guys ahead of schwartz on your list you have to admit that a lot of those guys have done less these last two years with more talented rosters and fewer obstacles. Im not saying the guy deserves any accolades but I think he gets a bad rap for some things that are outside his realm of control.

    PSD Lions Fantasy Football Champ

    IamDanGill on twitter.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,122
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by danielleighgill View Post
    I guess I look at it like this...
    Schwartz inherited arguably the worst nfl team ever. His first two seasons are almost throw aways in my mind.
    In his third season we win 10 games and made the playoffs and last year we regressed. If you just look at the last two seasons though were two games under .500 with a playoff appearence and thats with some pretty outrageous roster problems including the titus young matter, the off field issues, and a lengthy list of injuries even by nfl standards. As far as those things go you cant blame Schwartz for the injuries off field issues or even the titus ordeal. Those are all problems the front office chose to gamble on with these players and it backfired.

    All that being said if you look at the guys ahead of schwartz on your list you have to admit that a lot of those guys have done less these last two years with more talented rosters and fewer obstacles. Im not saying the guy deserves any accolades but I think he gets a bad rap for some things that are outside his realm of control.
    yep, ive thought that too
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,487
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by danielleighgill View Post
    I guess I look at it like this...
    Schwartz inherited arguably the worst nfl team ever. His first two seasons are almost throw aways in my mind. In his third season we win 10 games and made the playoffs and last year we regressed. If you just look at the last two seasons though were two games under .500 with a playoff appearence and thats with some pretty outrageous roster problems including the titus young matter, the off field issues, and a lengthy list of injuries even by nfl standards. As far as those things go you cant blame Schwartz for the injuries off field issues or even the titus ordeal. Those are all problems the front office chose to gamble on with these players and it backfired.

    All that being said if you look at the guys ahead of schwartz on your list you have to admit that a lot of those guys have done less these last two years with more talented rosters and fewer obstacles. Im not saying the guy deserves any accolades but I think he gets a bad rap for some things that are outside his realm of control.
    You've been smoking too much of Cwick's product.

    I agree he walked into a terrible situation, but he just hasnt done very much in 4 years. Thats really all there is to it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,031
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun:26722757
    Quote Originally Posted by danielleighgill View Post
    I guess I look at it like this...
    Schwartz inherited arguably the worst nfl team ever. His first two seasons are almost throw aways in my mind. In his third season we win 10 games and made the playoffs and last year we regressed. If you just look at the last two seasons though were two games under .500 with a playoff appearence and thats with some pretty outrageous roster problems including the titus young matter, the off field issues, and a lengthy list of injuries even by nfl standards. As far as those things go you cant blame Schwartz for the injuries off field issues or even the titus ordeal. Those are all problems the front office chose to gamble on with these players and it backfired.

    All that being said if you look at the guys ahead of schwartz on your list you have to admit that a lot of those guys have done less these last two years with more talented rosters and fewer obstacles. Im not saying the guy deserves any accolades but I think he gets a bad rap for some things that are outside his realm of control.
    You've been smoking too much of Cwick's product.

    I agree he walked into a terrible situation, but he just hasnt done very much in 4 years. Thats really all there is to it.
    There wasnt much that could be done those first two years man. Like i said these past two years were two games under .500 with a playoff appearance, thats as good or better than a lot of coaches you listed ahead of schwartz, many of whom I would argue had noticeably better overall teams...Garrett, reid, and frazier among them.

    Im in agreement that last year was a set back but I think the three years before that were pretty on point with my expectations of what the team could realistically achieve.

    PSD Lions Fantasy Football Champ

    IamDanGill on twitter.



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,122
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    You've been smoking too much of Cwick's product.

    I agree he walked into a terrible situation, but he just hasnt done very much in 4 years. Thats really all there is to it.
    Until this setback Schwartz pretty clearly had this team getting better and improving every season. What happens this year will tell the full story. I'm not a huge Schwartz guy but I agree with Daniel, I basically just use the last 2 years to judge him. No coach would have won with the team coming off of 0-16 and then he lost his starting QB in year 2 and they were still competitive despite that. Last year was bad no doubt but this year will ultimately define him.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    1,209
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Until this setback Schwartz pretty clearly had this team getting better and improving every season. What happens this year will tell the full story. I'm not a huge Schwartz guy but I agree with Daniel, I basically just use the last 2 years to judge him. No coach would have won with the team coming off of 0-16 and then he lost his starting QB in year 2 and they were still competitive despite that. Last year was bad no doubt but this year will ultimately define him.
    Absolutely! If he doesn't take us to the playoffs he is out the door. There is too much talent on this roster for him not to succeed. It's 50% him and 50% the players for this team to succeed.

    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 14-0 ACC: 8-0 (BCS National Champions )

    Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 37-27-14 Pts.: 88
    Detroit LionsWelcome to Detroit Jim Caldwell!!!
    Detroit Tigers 4-1
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Good Season Boys!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •