Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Matt Garza Potentially Being Moved

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...att-garza.html

Hopefully they can get him before tomorrow so he can make the start against the O's tomorrow.

vCash
    I seriously hope this happens so the Dodgers don't foolishly send spects for 10 starts of Garza..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blazer5 View Post
    I seriously hope this happens so the Dodgers don't foolishly send spects for 10 starts of Garza..
    The deal will probably consist of Mike Olt, C.J. Edwards, and Neil Ramirez. Seems like a pretty good deal for both sides to me

vCash
    We can relate as Ranger fans. I do not see our FO overpaying for a 12-15 game rental. However IF you read our board Cubs fans consider Garza, Greinke-like even though I am largely unimpressed with Greinke....

Garza is suddenly a near Ace with all upside, minor injury issues that kept him out for about a year and a half- at the behest of the FO and will is deserving of all top tier prospects.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveone:26713108
    We can relate as Ranger fans. I do not see our FO overpaying for a 12-15 game rental. However IF you read our board Cubs fans consider Garza, Greinke-like even though I am largely unimpressed with Greinke....

Garza is suddenly a near Ace with all upside, minor injury issues that kept him out for about a year and a half- at the behest of the FO and will is deserving of all top tier prospects.....
    Strawman statements FTW!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...att-garza.html

Hopefully they can get him before tomorrow so he can make the start against the O's tomorrow.
    lol i am hoping he is still in Chicago for the Dbacks game, after that i don't care where he goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    The deal will probably consist of Mike Olt, C.J. Edwards, and Neil Ramirez. Seems like a pretty good deal for both sides to me
    Seems like a win for the Cubs to me, this is selling at peak value for sure.

vCash
    Eh, Garza is pretty much a #3 (borderline 2) starter.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Agreed. I've always thought he was overrated.

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    Apparently, there's a rumor it's a 6 player deal.

I would guess Garza and Gregg/Soriano/Schierholtz for Olt, Edwards, and two of Ramirez/Odor/Sardinas/Alfaro. I think that's pretty fair for both teams. Texas gets Garza (possibly an extension as well) and some OF/BP help and the Cubs get some solid prospects with upside. Anyone who thinks Profar is in this deal is cray cray. I'd love it, but it isn't The Show.

vCash
    i really don't feel like Olt is that good of a prize honestly.

I understand the Cubs could use a third basemen for the next couple of years until Bryant is ready, and hopefully they could re-sell him. But I just never thought that highly of Olt.

We'll see.

And Garza is only a rental for the Rangers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveone View Post

Yeah I just don't like the rental pitcher thing..Position players area little different as they play everyday but a to get 12-14 starts outta a guy for good prospects is hard to swallow. Depends on the aquiring teams situation.

Greinke was an ace when traded to the Angeles and the they still lost on that deal. Segura has turned out to be good and of coarse the Angeles have nothing to show for it. Garza is no Ace a solid 3 but at best.

Greinke will be better. I think his limited spring then getting trucked by Carlos really slowed his 1 st half. He seems to be putting it together.

At the end of the day Id rather have Kershaw Greinke then Kershaw Garza.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    i really don't feel like Olt is that good of a prize honestly.

I understand the Cubs could use a third basemen for the next couple of years until Bryant is ready, and hopefully they could re-sell him. But I just never thought that highly of Olt.

We'll see.

And Garza is only a rental for the Rangers.
    I hate Olt, so I agree. I'd rather give someone in the organization already a shot. I'm much more interested in Edwards and the other pieces. I don't think Olt will be the "headliner," though. I think some names will come out of left field, along with pieces going back to the Rangers (Soriano/Gregg/DeJesus/Schierholtz).

vCash
    Makes sense for both teams. I still think Mike Olt can be a solid ~3-4 WAR guy, and the Rangers get a guy to solidify their rotation for the playoff run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    Strawman statements FTW!
    LOL, of course....

I'm a Ranger fan and since our rotation has been devastated we need with pitching, preferably healthy pitchers. Renting a pitcher is tough IMO. Furthermore Garza is a #3 pitcher, not #2 and certainly not the potential ace the Cubs were touting hi m as. Greinke isn't really the ace he's made up to be either, but that is my opinion.

Garza's injury history is a point of concern and so is signing him to long term , if his elbow holds up. Any way you slice it currently, he's a rental.

No straw man there except in your own mind.....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast