Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Cool Glass half full crazy thread

I love the Knicks. I want them to win every night and hate it when that doesnt happen. So much negativity constantly surrounds this team. I know that history is not on my side here, but what if the knicks actually played mostly injury free up to our potential basketball?

I loved the Hardaway pick. In the summer of 95 I was in San Fransisco watching the Mets play the Giants. My friend suggeested we go see the Warriors Arena one afternoon. The side doors were open and we walked inside. the lights were off except for the lights directly on the court. There was Tim Hardaway. We sat and watched for almost 2 hours as this guy cut, dribbled, shot, ran, and worked on skills. in the 2 hours we were there he never sat down once. just pushed and pushed himself like a dog. when he finally left the gym, we had a chance to talk with the guy training him. We were told that Timmy did this 6 days a week 3-4 hours a day. We were also told that he was the only player they ever saw during the summer. That kind of work ethic is passed between father and son.

Shumpert is healthy and will not miss half the season and be rusty when we start. this alone makes us a better team. His defense from the start should ignite the offense.

Artest was a huge pickup for the Knicks. His defense alone at the end of games should help us big time. His hard nosed attitude will give us what we lost when Sheed went down last year. The fact that he can score is just a bonus, he will be a huge rotational player and so much more effective than Copeland on defense.

Bargnani was a very big deal. No longer considered "the man" like Raptor fans expected,, he can flourish with some stars around him. his ability to hit the open 3 is a court stretcher, but his post up game is IMO being overlooked by most. Without a healthy Stat these past two years, our inside game consisted of alley-oop dunks and drives to the rim. To actually have a guy score with his back to the basket is new for this team.

Amare is a key too me. 20 minutes or so off the bench could be gold for the second unit. playing mostly against bench players, he could be huge in that roll and flourish. Being the go to guy in a limited roll with Smith running wild could actually work.

PG play. I really like Felton and his tough nosed style of play. Prigs brings us stability and whoever is brought in for that 3rd string role just needs to play defense and pass. There is so much fire power on this team, let the point guards run the plays and let the scorers score.

I do hope Kmart returns as well, Chandler will get so many opportunities to score on put backs and oops, just defend and rebound big fella.

Knicks will be right there fighting for a top seed again.

vCash
    Totally agree with you, theres been a lot of talk about how we will be fighting for the 4th or 5th seed, i dont get why people think that. I understand the East was a liitle bit weaker last year with the absence of Rose and other things but we gave all of the top teams serious problems and the Heat literally could not beat is. (Think they beat us once) Our team this year so far is much improved, Shump and Amare being healthy is HUGE for our team, people forget sometimes Amare is an All Star and he is basically the man who made the Knicks relevant again and im sure he doesnt want to be known here as a scrub, hes gonna ball out this season in whatever role he plays. Also adding Metta brings that toughness and energy rebounding we lacked last season, and on top of that he can score and plays defense. Dont forget about Bargs, who will be a 3rd maybe 4th scoring option, he will have no pressure and we wont need him to carry this team just stretch the floor and score the ball and from his numbers even in his down years he still scored the ball, hes a 15 ppg career scorer ill take 15 a game no problem. We will be contending for a top seed without a doubt in my mind.

vCash
    This must be a " air out my grievances" thread... Would love to put input ..but this will just get moved or closed..

vCash
    Love the initial post. Positive and right on.

vCash
    I'll tape up my ankles and jump on the positivity bus -- I do it every year no matter what my brain tells me. :-)
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

vCash
    I think many have religated us to 4-5 in the conference, and just like last year I think we'll surprise. We're gonna be in the running for 2-3 in the conference - but first we have to win the Atlantic division.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    I think we are going to be better than last year... But the nets just got so dam good on paper. They basically took the top players from two playoff teams (excluding rondo) and put them on one squad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cypherthor View Post
    I think we are going to be better than last year... But the nets just got so dam good on paper. They basically took the top players from two playoff teams (excluding rondo) and put them on one squad.
    I agree, but I think we're better than Indy - even getting Granger back.

The Bulls will be tough - but I think we have the jammy waiting for the Bulls. We have Metta making us that much tougher (I personally think Metta will drive Shump and Chandler to levels of intensity they've never seen). We also have Bargs who kills both Indy and Chitown. Tyler/Kenyon (hopefully) will make us that much tougher. I think we will take the Bulls.

We could give the Nets the Eastern Conference title on paper. They have JJ, DWill, Lopez, Garnett, and PP, as their starting lineup, and AK47 coming off the bench. WOW. Now we have Melo, Metta, Chandler, Amare, Bargs, Shump, JR, and even with his doubters, Felton. Plus Kenyon, Prigs, Hardaway and maybe these kids (Grunwald contributors) Murry, Brown, and Tyler filling in the depth.

I just think we're made to surprise. It just works when you have a scorer like Melo. We've developed a lot of diversity in ways to beat you.

Say losing Kidd increases our turnovers (but as long as we have Felton/Prigs) I can't really see it being a major increase; I doubt anyone believe we won't be a better rebounding team with Metta/Bargs/Kenyon/Tyler.

I just think we're better than even we give credit, we're built to surprise.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    Questions:

Will Chandler return to Defensive Player of the Year form?
    Will Shumpert take a definitive next step up the NBA ladder?
    What will we get from Stat, Metta, Bargs?
    Who among the other new guys steps up when the inevitable injuries hit?

I feel there is a good likelihood of mostly positive answers, but of course it's always unknown. Who over the past few years could have predicted Linsanity, acquiring JR and him thriving, Novak becoming a force (and then not) -- or the plague of injuries to so many of our players?

And so on. But I predict this much -- we finish ahead of the Nets. Book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    Questions:

Will Chandler return to Defensive Player of the Year form?
    Will Shumpert take a definitive next step up the NBA ladder?
    What will we get from Stat, Metta, Bargs?
    Who among the other new guys steps up when the inevitable injuries hit?

I feel there is a good likelihood of mostly positive answers, but of course it's always unknown. Who over the past few years could have predicted Linsanity, acquiring JR and him thriving, Novak becoming a force (and then not) -- or the plague of injuries to so many of our players?

And so on. But I predict this much -- we finish ahead of the Nets. Book it.
    100% will finish ahead of them, they look good on paper but alll there personalitys will clash, they couldnt handle it last year with a veteran coach, i love J.Kidd but hes not ready to coach all these guys yet.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    I had us as a 5 or 6 seed in the playoffs last year before the season opener. Never would have predicted that fantastic start or a 2 seed in the playoffs.

I have us at 4 or 5 seed in the playoffs as of right now but I may be wrong again.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    the nets are just names on paper. pierce moves like a slug now and the jet is not the consistent shooter he used to be. i actually likr the garnett pickup for them cause brook lopez is an ice cream sandwhich for a 7 footer. kirilenko is alsonot the player he was, and d-will and j.j. also seem to have lost a little. i has to listen to sas(a supposed knick fan) and others bump their gums last year about who the best team in ny was and its more of the same this year. imo the pickups we have made have made us better. bargs is a pick and pop big. if we would have had a big that could knock down a 15 footer against indy, it would have been a different series. artest is exactly what we needed. fire and hustle, no fear of anyone. i also think it is smart for us to add a couple young guys(murry,tyler,leslie,brown) to the roster,cause we were old as crap last year. curious to see how much burn hardaway gets, but he has an nba ready game. kinda reminds me of jamal crawford a little. if we bring back k-mart i see no reason why we cant be top 2 again. we are better than the nets and i do not think its a foregone conclusion that chi and indyare gonna be better.#knicknation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calibird707 View Post
    the nets are just names on paper. pierce moves like a slug now and the jet is not the consistent shooter he used to be. i actually likr the garnett pickup for them cause brook lopez is an ice cream sandwhich for a 7 footer. kirilenko is alsonot the player he was, and d-will and j.j. also seem to have lost a little. i has to listen to sas(a supposed knick fan) and others bump their gums last year about who the best team in ny was and its more of the same this year. imo the pickups we have made have made us better. bargs is a pick and pop big. if we would have had a big that could knock down a 15 footer against indy, it would have been a different series. artest is exactly what we needed. fire and hustle, no fear of anyone. i also think it is smart for us to add a couple young guys(murry,tyler,leslie,brown) to the roster,cause we were old as crap last year. curious to see how much burn hardaway gets, but he has an nba ready game. kinda reminds me of jamal crawford a little. if we bring back k-mart i see no reason why we cant be top 2 again. we are better than the nets and i do not think its a foregone conclusion that chi and indyare gonna be better.#knicknation
    I agree with every word of this statement.

vCash
    I see us as the 2-3 seed again this year. I just hope we manage to stay healthy the entire year for once. We havent had that in such a long time. Last year we had key guys go down for long stretches and still managed 54 wins. Hopefully, with some fine tuning, we take everyone by surprise... again. Im shocked people have us projected as a 6th seed next year, blatant disrespect.

Offense wins games. DEFENSE wins Championships!

vCash
    I have to see final rosters and how the bulls look with rose back ect before I predict we fall or anything but #2 seed is basically the top seed bc everyone will give Miami #1 seed .. Even though its from help from the refs and they're just getting older ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast