0 0%
  • Matt Smoral

0 0%
  • Anthony Alford

0 0%
    vCash

Midseason Blue Jays #2 prospect

1. Aaron Sanchez (Dunedin, High A) 89.47%

It was no brainer who was the #1prospects. Who is the #2 prospect?
    Last edited by 613ottawa; 07-19-2013 at 11:51 AM.

vCash
    Probably kevin ahrens

vCash
    I went with Stroman, but only because Osuna seems to be having issues staying healthy this season...and people have said all along his delivery may cause issues, so it is kind of concerning. Stroman is pitching very well with great stuff 2 levels higher than Osuna too.

vCash
    I'm going Stroman.

In April/May I would've said Osuna, but with his injury and the way Stroman has pitched, I have to give the nod to Roid boy.

vCash
    I voted for Jimenez. Should be decent with glove which is the big thing with catchers, hit enough where he can hold full time catcher spot. Stroman gives up too many homeruns which generally is Achilles heel for pitchers coming to homerun hitters park.

vCash
    Osuna. Yes he has arm issues this year, but once he gets healthy he's going to be a beast. Shown hints of brillance this year but health has kept him down lately. Personally I think they should shut him down, if he needs TJ, let him get it over with. It would suck but the kid is still only 18. He can come back play for a bit next year at 19. He pans to progress fast so I'm not worried about age. Also, with this new strength program the Jays have, I think he'll come back better than ever.

But being a realist, since Osuna is injured I will keep Osuna out for now and go with Stroman. Guys like Tirado and Barreto are just too far away to be number 2. But Tirado is likely to be top 5 for me...

vCash
    I went with Stroman although I haven't see him live.

I caught Osuna twice and was impressed, albeit he is tossing to hitters 2 leagues down from Stroman. Most of the hitters were easy prey for Osuna. I'm not sure how he adjusts to the hitters that will show patience on his breaking crap once he hits AA and AAA, but he does have a good idea of what he wants to accomplish per batter from the mound. He seems like a very smart kid, thus if he has a catcher like JPA in the future calling the game, I see some disagreements on how to best attack a hitter.

vCash
    I had Osuna at the start too, I'm going with Stroman right now

Blue Jays Season

Ottawa Senators
    Toronto Raptors
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Cincinnati Bengals

vCash
    Stilson pitching good...he should be in there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    I went with Stroman although I haven't see him live.

I caught Osuna twice and was impressed, albeit he is tossing to hitters 2 leagues down from Stroman. Most of the hitters were easy prey for Osuna. I'm not sure how he adjusts to the hitters that will show patience on his breaking crap once he hits AA and AAA, but he does have a good idea of what he wants to accomplish per batter from the mound. He seems like a very smart kid, thus if he has a catcher like JPA in the future calling the game, I see some disagreements on how to best attack a hitter.
    JPA better not be here long enough to catch Osuna...Jimenez, if healthy, will be a better bet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Stilson pitching good...he should be in there

Agreed. Stilson will be in my Top 10.

vCash
    I'm not sold on Stroman as a starter but he's been successful. He's here more by default than anything. If DJ Davis keeps performing he might get the nod here instead.

Barreto / Davis / Tirado and even Norris or Smoral could be considered here if they are exceptional the rest of the way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    JPA better not be here long enough to catch Osuna...Jimenez, if healthy, will be a better bet.
    Scary thought eh? lol