Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aoki

vCash

Aoki

Why so quick to trade this guy? He's cheap and is a pretty ideal leadoff hitter. Isn't he a guy we should lock up long term? I know we need starting pitching but, if the Brewers can get rid of the Weeks and Ramirez contracts then pick up starting pitching next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Why so quick to trade this guy? He's cheap and is a pretty ideal leadoff hitter. Isn't he a guy we should lock up long term? I know we need starting pitching but, if the Brewers can get rid of the Weeks and Ramirez contracts then pick up starting pitching next year.
    He's 31.

His performance is likely to decline from here on out.

He has more value now to a contender than he will the next time the Brewers are contenders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Long term I see Segura leading off, and we have a plethora of OF's to get some playing time, be they in the minors right now or on the ballclub. (Schafer hasnt been bad lately actually). Aoki's contract makes him pretty valuable, teams can't use the salary chip against us in trade discussions.

vCash
    Because "picking up" starting pitchers is neither easy nor realistic in free agency. Even with weeks and Ramirez off the books, we aren't going to shell out the kind of money it takes to sign an ace. Plus, look how well recent big name pitching signings have gone. Grienke and the dodgers aren't in first. Cj Wilson hasn't carried the angels. John lackey is finally having a better year. All the big name guys who make it to the market are usually flawed in some regard, and even then, they still get way too much money.

vCash

Aoki

Because he's old and his skill set doesn't age well.

vCash
    They'll get 2 prospects in return and have Schafer ready to go. Definitely gotta go with the younger, cheaper guy and take some prospects when you can. I don't think they'll be top level guys unless it's a single player on the fringe of the top level to middle. Right now with where the Brewers are at as far as shape of the franchise they need to cut payroll for a couple seasons and then set themselves up for another 2-4 year run.

vCash
    Agreed.

Like people have said already Schafer has been solid as of late.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    They'll get 2 prospects in return and have Schafer ready to go. Definitely gotta go with the younger, cheaper guy and take some prospects when you can. I don't think they'll be top level guys unless it's a single player on the fringe of the top level to middle. Right now with where the Brewers are at as far as shape of the franchise they need to cut payroll for a couple seasons and then set themselves up for another 2-4 year run.
    I think the other thing that can help us is that we have so many decently valued relief arms, that we can package a deal of something like aoki and ax or gonzo or someone to try to sweeten the deal and get a little better prospect.

vCash
    I don't think Schafer is anything more than a 4th OF but with this team I dont mind him starting for the rest of the year or even next year.

vCash
    He's a decent left handed bat and his better moments this year have been when he got good chunks of at bats.

vCash
    #RollBrewers

vCash
    I don't think people are quick to trade him, but there are a lot of teams that would want him. Likely driving up his trade value past where his future value is. If we can get a pitcher with the top of the rotation potential he would be worth it. Schafer would be a decent fill in for a year or two and we could always get a good OF prospect in addition or from one of the relievers. Aoki is a perfect leadoff/rf and the brewers won't part with him cheaply, I'd put it at abut 30% chance he is moved.

vCash
    Unsurprisingly, his option was picked up

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...orichika-aoki/

vCash
    Now for the trade to happen. I'll gladly take him on the team but if you can find a taker, go for it.

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    Now for the trade to happen. I'll gladly take him on the team but if you can find a taker, go for it.
    I think you have to trade him. I would like him on the team as well, but really he is expendable especially if we are trying to get Khris Davis into the lineup.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast