Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Carcillo dealt to Kings

for a conditional pick. I have to say I'm glad he's gone. Q always seemed to want to put him higher on the depth chart then he should be. Carcillo does have a little speed and a little skill but that doesn't mean he should be in the top 6. We move a little salary and allow another spot for the kids.

vCash
    Expected that they were trying to do this. Surprised someone took his contract. Him and carter might kill someone next year

vCash
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=427859

The Los Angeles Kings have acquired forward Daniel Carcillo from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for a conditional pick in the 2015 NHL Draft.

Carcillo has spent the last two seasons with the Blackhawks. In 23 games last season, he had two goasls and three points.

Prior to joining the Blackhawks in 2011-12, Carcillo spent parts of three seasons with the Philadelphia Flyers and parts of three seasons with the Phoenix Coyotes.

The 6-0, 203-pound native of King City, Ontario has appeared in 333 regular season NHL games during his career, posting 40 goals and 87 points, as well as 1,079 penalty minutes.

Carcillo was originally selected by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the third round of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
    By the end of it, he just didn't fit. Good to see the Blackhawks get something for him.

vCash
    Frees up 825k if the Blackhawks are looking at bringing in a free agent, which could be a possibility.

vCash
    Blackhawks now 2 mil under cap. They should probably go with what they have now and keep the cap space for a deadline trade depending on what is needed. By the trade deadline with us only having to pay a portion of an acquired players salary it would put us in a position to bring in someone high quality. Great position to be in, well done Stan. Now if we get a few of the young guys from Rockford to shine as expected we are in a great position barring injuries to make a run at winning it again!

vCash
    Stan has always preached that he wants midseason cap flexibility. My guess is that he will not make any further moves this season, but save it for trade during the season.

vCash
    Is there any need for a tough guy on teams anymore? With Carcillo and Mayers gone we only have Bollig, and he is not exactly intimidating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    Stan has always preached that he wants midseason cap flexibility. My guess is that he will not make any further moves this season, but save it for trade during the season.
    I tend to agree. The 2 million in cap room would let you take on a 4 million contract at midseason. I don't see any moves forthcoming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Is there any need for a tough guy on teams anymore? With Carcillo and Mayers gone we only have Bollig, and he is not exactly intimidating.
    Eh, not really. Or at least not guys who only fight. There just aren't enough teams that have true heavyweights anymore. The Hawks are never going to be confused with the most physical team in the NHL but they showed they could play that game as well in the playoffs. Between guys like Bickell, Bollig (when he dresses) and Shaw know that they are the defacto enforcers on this team and step up to the plate when needed.

vCash
    Here is the thing, Blackhawks need to fill Carcillo's roster spot now though. Likely a Rockford player will cost right around what he did, so that 825k will very, very likely be added back either in the form of a UFA or a player from Rockford.

I imagine the Blackhawks will go into the season with just over $1mil in cap space for injuries and trades.

vCash
    That's a fair point. Of the kids that have a shot of cracking the roster, only Smith has a much lower salary hit (562.5k). I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to unload Brookbank as well and work in someone like Olson as the 7th D man. That would save a half mil as well.

vCash
    I still think we need a big body, especially for our PP(one of the worst i've seen in awhile). Cup won, awesome, but the times the Hawks weren't looking so hot, they were just getting shoved around. I still think the Hawks are talented enough to overcome this, but that's definitely my key for concern. Just a little bit more beef would be welcomed, and we certainly have the roster spots to bring someone in.

vCash
    Shaw will take a ***** out if need be

vCash
    Later Car-Bomb, you were always a Flyer to me anyway
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash View Post
    I still think we need a big body, especially for our PP(one of the worst i've seen in awhile). Cup won, awesome, but the times the Hawks weren't looking so hot, they were just getting shoved around. I still think the Hawks are talented enough to overcome this, but that's definitely my key for concern. Just a little bit more beef would be welcomed, and we certainly have the roster spots to bring someone in.
    Roster spot is there, cap space just isn't for the type of player you are referring to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast