Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Redskins Considering Move Back To D.C?

Link: http://arenadrivetimes.com/2013/07/r...-the-district/

In hopes of improving the game day experience at FedExField, the Washington Redskins reached out to the Luntz Focus Group to conduct a survey with the fans asking what they would like to see improved, among many other things, according to team spokesmen, Tony Wyllie.

While questions were asked surrounding the teams questionable name, Dan Snyder, and the current game day experience, one question stood out more than others.

“If a new stadium is built for the Redskins in the next five years, where would you like it to be located?”

The options including FedExField, where RFK Stadium currently is, or somewhere in the state of Virginia.

While answers to the survey are currently unavailable, the answer to where Redskins fans would like to see a new stadium is probably going to unanimously be where RFK Stadium currently is. There’s nothing more important to Redskins fans (besides winning the Super Bowl), than having the team return to the District.

Click the link to read the rest
    Beginning to think this is a real possibility in the next 10 years or so. Depending on if the team can be consistently good and if they can get a home for D.C. United.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    Aren't they locked into FedEx until my grandchildren have grandchildren?

vCash
    2027, but depending on funds for the new stadium, they COULD leave FedEx early.

vCash
    I'd be okay with RFK's location, but **** all that Virginia nonsense. I don't know anywhere in NOVA they could build a stadium that wouldn't cause extreme traffic headaches, and Richmond or even the Dumfries area would be a hike.

vCash
    They were originally going to build it around the Four Mile Run area, which is all now shopping stores and stuff. Wouldn't have been the perfect place, but the idiots complained there would be too much traffic, 10 days out of the year, LOL. Now it's always jammed.

Either way, I think FedEx or RFK is the best right now. There are some areas in D.C. where a new stadium could be built, but parking would be worse than FedExField (unless RFK).

Virginia I have no idea. Loudoun County might be the only other area, but I would hate to be on 66 etc on a Sunday, let alone Monday.

vCash
    The RFK site is the most logical place. They could build near dulles and the new metro line

vCash
    I know you all don't care about the MLS, but D.C. United and the city just announced a new stadium, meaning besides Chili Cookoff and the Military Bowl, RFK Stadium now is empty.