Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Not A Lion Yet...

With training camp around the corner, there will still be a lot of movement left for teams to do before the regular season starts. Who do you think could make an impact on the Lions? Who would you like to see become a Lion via trade, free agent signing or waiver claim? Any hidden gems out there you feel could be a quiet pickup, but have a big bang for the buck? Have at it.

vCash
    A few guys that might be moved:

Leshoure - I highly doubt it, but he is someone that we should definitely sell high if we can! And by high, I don't mean cwick high.

Hill - Just on his salary alone, but I hope we don't. He is one of the best backups in the NFL. Great insurance.

Scheffler - Perhaps we could steal a 5th from someone for him.

Mike Thomas - I doubt we would get anything for him.

Pettigrew - I doubt it, but he is a FA in '14, so if the right offer comes along, and the kids (Fauria & Williams) are playing lights out, then you never know. The Colts thought Gosder was worthy of a huge contract, so anything is possible.

vCash
    I'd like to take a flyer on the Southern Alabama cornerback. He went undrafted and his name escapes me at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    A few guys that might be moved:

Leshoure - I highly doubt it, but he is someone that we should definitely sell high if we can! And by high, I don't mean cwick high.

Hill - Just on his salary alone, but I hope we don't. He is one of the best backups in the NFL. Great insurance.

Scheffler - Perhaps we could steal a 5th from someone for him.

Mike Thomas - I doubt we would get anything for him.

Pettigrew - I doubt it, but he is a FA in '14, so if the right offer comes along, and the kids (Fauria & Williams) are playing lights out, then you never know. The Colts thought Gosder was worthy of a huge contract, so anything is possible.
    I think they should try to get grew to sign a contract now that they can get out of with little to no dead money if he dont perform this year.. If he has a stellar year its gonna cost us some dough to bring him back

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    I think they should try to get grew to sign a contract now that they can get out of with little to no dead money if he dont perform this year.. If he has a stellar year its gonna cost us some dough to bring him back
    Bettergrew & I have confirmed this. Seeing how he's my AAL, he'd be willing to provide a hometown discount IF we could lock this up prior to opening kickoff.
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    I was thinking more on the lines of, who, from another team, would you like to become a Lion...

Bill Bentley
    Int -
    PD - 5
    FF -
    TD -
    Tackles - 28

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DfanAlways View Post
    I was thinking more on the lines of, who, from another team, would you like to become a Lion...
    Sorry..my fault, read it wrong.

Some guys that could be cut and help us out:

Santonio Holmes
    Sidney Rice
    Nnamdii Asomugah
    Devin Hester
    Last edited by whooligun; 07-16-2013 at 11:05 PM.

vCash
    I read a few forums and some names to consider that may be cut:

Bryant McKinnie
    Terrell Thomas (although the ACL injuries may sway teams away)
    Brad Smith
    Nnamdi Asomugha
    Darnell Dockett

vCash
    Sidney Rice wouldn't be half bad. Great talent... Usually hurt.. Comes low on a one to two year deal. Could be a real outside playmaker. Dockett would be an animal on the DLine, but I feel he'd want some high money still. Still wouldn't mind seeing CWill brought back. Detroit hasn't given away number 99 to anyone yet... They could be waiting to see how he heals up and bring him on late into camp so he has fresh legs.

Bill Bentley
    Int -
    PD - 5
    FF -
    TD -
    Tackles - 28

vCash
    There's buzz that the 49ers might cut Asomugha? Oh how the mighty have fallen...

vCash
    Would we want him if they cut him?
    2013 PSD Lions Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Obviously not if he can't perform. I just find it amazing that just a few short years ago, he was in conversation for best CB in the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    It depends where they cut him.

If they slice his achilles, his career is over. If its just a superficial cut, it might piss him off and make him play harder. In that case, I say we sign him, and give our entire starting O-Line smilies.

vCash
    An older but solid vet at LB just for this year.

WTF!

vCash
    My initial choice would have to be WR, followed by DE/DT/OT/LB

Sidney Rice would be an obvious choice of mine seeing as he could be let go by Seattle. Harvin & Tate are the guys they seem to be going with as their main guys. With guys like Jermaine Kearse, Doug Baldwin being the challengers for the slot position. Rookie, Chris Harper 6'1 234 with good speed, seems to be their size/speed replacement for Rice... And they have 3rd yr player, Stephen Williams who is 6'5 208 as well. All young, talented & cheaper than Rice at the moment.

Jacoby Ford would be another that I would enjoy seeing in Detroit. Fast, multidimensional, slot, motion out of the backfield, field stretcher, return man type. Would immediately upgrade special teams, be deep threat to eat up coverages & free up CJ + Bush. Denarius Moore is a main stay in Oakland. Cribbs was just signed & will probably take over their return game &/or he could have been given the opportunity to play more WR in Oakland. They signed a slew of WRs via the draft & free agency... All seem to be possession types. With Moore their deep threat, Cribbs a potential #2 in their eyes, they need a dependable slot guy with great route running... Enter Conner Vernon. Dennis Allen is in love with this guy. He's an impeccable route runner with glue for hands. They have size & speed with Andre Holmes 6'4 210, Juron Criner 6'3 221 & Rod Streeter 6'3 200. Ford could be expendable for Oakland; An asset for Detroit.
    Last edited by DfanAlways; 07-21-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: iPad grammar issue

Bill Bentley
    Int -
    PD - 5
    FF -
    TD -
    Tackles - 28

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast