Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Tyler invited to Knicks training camp [Post #48]

Agent: Tyler might have shot with Knicks

LAS VEGAS -- After three games in the NBA summer league, center Jeremy Tyler has emerged as a compelling candidate to secure one of the Knicks' four remaining roster spots.

Gabe Giordano, the agent for Tyler, who's averaging close to a double-double, told ESPNNewYork.com that he envisions a future for his client on the Knicks.

"While there have been no formal negotiations with the Knicks to this point, there is every indication that the Knicks would like to have Jeremy in training camp," Giordano said. "They have expressed interest in grooming him to become a valuable big man for their organization in the future."

Giordano is hopeful that if Tyler continues to make a "positive impression" in Las Vegas, he could finalize a contract with a team in the next week or two. Giordano believes Tyler's vast basketball experience overseas and in the NBA has prepared him for a permanent roster spot.

"Turning 22 years of age just over a month ago, yet already having several years of professional basketball experience on his resume is a huge plus for Jeremy as he competes for a Knicks roster spot," Giordano said.

So far in Las Vegas, Tyler has played well defensively, moving his feet effectively to protect the basket and talking constantly to assist his teammates. It's the kind of defense that wins over Mike Woodson.

Tyler is also relentless crashing the glass, and he finishes well around the rim to complement his fluid midrange jump shot. On offense, he needs to work on improving his court awareness and passing ability, as well as fine-tuning his true center skills, such as setting picks and rolling to the basket.

After summer league wraps up next week, Giordano said Tyler, who's from San Diego, Calif., will continue to train in Southern California. Meanwhile, Giordano will continue to discuss a deal with the Knicks or elsewhere.

"There are several other teams interested in Jeremy, but we are not at liberty to comment on the details of those interested teams at this point," he said.

On Sunday, Woodson spoke highly of the 6-foot-10 Tyler, even mentioning a potential training camp invite.

"I like him as well as a camp guy because of his body size and the fact that he's so athletic," the coach said. "You might look at him four, five years down the road and say, 'Wow, he finally figured it out.'"

So how did Tyler react to Woodson's vision for him this fall?

"Wow," he said. "I haven't heard anything. It's still early. You've got to let my agents and management group talk to [the Knicks], and hopefully it works out."

At this point, the Knicks have no real backups behind Tyson Chandler. Tyler has a great opportunity to not only make the Knicks' roster, but also be a part of the rotation.
    Source
    Last edited by Weezy; 07-19-2013 at 06:56 PM.

2014-2015 New York Knicks

vCash
    I like what I have seen from him so far and he def has some nice potential especially only at 22 years. Hope we invite him.

vCash
    This move has my stamp of approval

vCash
    This guy would be a great pickup for us. Potential wise the sky is the limit for this guy. He's freakishly athletic for someone his size and has great hands too. He just needs some time to develop into a legit NBA big man. Learning offense from Amar'e and Bargnani while picking up how to play defense from Chandler, all under Woodson's demand for defense defense defense...we're a great spot for him to develop and a few years from now this guy could be great. Not just a good player, but he could wind up being a GREAT player. If we're looking for a 14th or 15th guy to fill out the roster someone like this would be ideal. We have so few young players on this team, would love to add a developmental guy with ultra high ceiling like Tyler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    I like what I have seen from him so far and he def has some nice potential especially only at 22 years. Hope we invite him.
    I want Tyler more then I want KMart, he is only 22 but has played professionally since he was 16, he is a better rebounder, better offense, defense is close and the guy has soooo much energy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    I want Tyler more then I want KMart, he is only 22 but has played professionally since he was 16, he is a better rebounder, better offense, defense is close and the guy has soooo much energy.
    Better Tyler than Jerome Jordan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thepearl View Post
    OMG Jordan is worse then he was 3 years ago I wish they would play Mathews more in SL just to give him some experience instead of Jordan. Time to forget about JJ, it must be those damn initials they all suck, Jerome James. Jared Jeffries, Jerome Jordan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thepearl View Post
    Tyler has played better than Jordan and is much younger, so I would like to see Tyler get a chance. But the player who is impressing me most so far is Jennings. I think Jennings is the best defensive big on the SL team and he has some offensive skills as well.

http://www.allmediany.com/news/11585...ng-the-big-men

vCash
    I say we need to sign Tyler, Jennings, Murry and Leslie.
    We need to have some players that we can develop if we have 4 guys that can learn from our core group of vets on the team maybe just maybe 1 or more can turn into good quality players in the future, even if they don't turn into stars its just that many role players we wont have to struggle to find in the future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trout1627 View Post
    Tyler has played better than Jordan and is much younger, so I would like to see Tyler get a chance. But the player who is impressing me most so far is Jennings. I think Jennings is the best defensive big on the SL team and he has some offensive skills as well.

http://www.allmediany.com/news/11585...ng-the-big-men
    Yep Terrance has been excellent surprised more people aren't talking about him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    Yep Terrance has been excellent surprised more people aren't talking about him.
    I think Iv'e been paying so much attention to Tyler because I had high expectations of him coming into SL that I haven't paid much attention to Jennings but I have all 3 games on tape I just watched some and wow Jennings is impressive.

vCash
    Yeah I agree with the other posters. Forget about Jerome Jordan. Would much rather grab Tyler and possibly even Jennings than Jordan. Just don't see much upside with Jordan.

vCash
    Jordan is a stiff.. not a NBA player, Murray and Tyler to fill the roster

vCash
    If last season told us anything....is that we could use some young, healthy, athletic bigs on the roster....even if it's at the end of the bench.....

I would invite him to camp, make him work hard, and give him a roster spot.

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    He was suppose to be a lottery talent couple years ago but he had some issues and has mature a lot ever since.
    "I'm an artist.

Dolan focusing on his music career is the best thing to happen to the Knicks in 15 years.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast