Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

How big of a mistake was Ross

I know its been talked about to death but that move to not draft Drummond destroyed a Possible big rotation of Drummond, Val, Amir and now Tyler Hans. That hurts could have been one of the best combo of bigs in the league for a long time. Bc really made a terrible decision and really hurt the franchise long term right there.

vCash
    pretty big considering Drummond was available. Jonas + Drummond front court woulda been

I do think Ross has potential to be a good player in this league. But def would have been really nice if we had Drummond.

vCash
    BC missed the mark on that pick but there's nothing we can do now.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    LIke i said from the beginning....not drafting Drummond was one of the biggest mistake in franchise history......thats why the Pistons are now considered a playoff team compared to the raptors.....JV and Dre would have been craaazy...but never happened...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    LIke i said from the beginning....not drafting Drummond was one of the biggest mistake in franchise history......thats why the Pistons are now considered a playoff team compared to the raptors.....JV and Dre would have been craaazy...but never happened...
    we picked by need a lot of people were pissed when we didn't take Drummond while he was available. A lot of other teams passed on him too, I can't remember why he slid down

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    we picked by need a lot of people were pissed when we didn't take Drummond while he was available. A lot of other teams passed on him too, I can't remember why he slid down
    many ppl though that he would be a bust cuz he didn't do that great in college....the college and nba are completely different.....Drummond is a freak of nature...just watch out for this guy...this could probably haunt us for the years to come....

vCash
    this is one of the reasons why BC is no longer with the task of building the team. lets move on.

there's no rhyme or reason to keep coming back to this. All we can do is hope Ross becomes more consistent every year, shoot a good % for 3 pointers, become a better defender, and becomes that 6th man that we need.

even NBA ready players need some time to develop and get used to the speed of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    this is one of the reasons why BC is no longer with the task of building the team. lets move on.

there's no rhyme or reason to keep coming back to this. All we can do is hope Ross becomes more consistent every year, shoot a good % for 3 pointers, become a better defender, and becomes that 6th man that we need.

even NBA ready players need some time to develop and get used to the speed of the game.
    I agree. I'm hoping we see some development from him.

vCash
    can anyone on this forum convince me that there is a difference between deandre Jordan and andre drummond cuz I don't see it, both are great shot blockers, rebounders deandre is arguably more athletic, both r horrible shooters and free throw shooters. Deandre has a horrible contract so whats with all the love for Drummond? I am not defending BC for picking ross, I hated that pick since day one but I am wondering whats all the love for Drummond. If its based on potential than look no further to what people felt deandre could be a few years ago and see what he turned out. I just cant see Drummond being good honestly.

vCash
    He was the best prospect at the time IMO but we had 4 big men on the team already who each had a reason to get playing time. Jonas was coming in, Amir was a veteran energy guy, Davis was still a developing young player and Bargnani was coming off a solid year but got injured.

vCash

How big of a mistake was Ross

It's not Drummond I regret missing, it's sliding down the lottery by winning games that meant nothing. Now that was a tank year and it was botched. Barnes could have been ours. Still, we have Ross now and I hope he turns it around after a so so rookie year.

vCash
    Deandre Jordan is drummonds floor his ceiling is very high. Also his per 36 are pretty damn good. He's not as skilled as Val but he's probably a bigger force on d and on rebounding. The two together would be awesome to watch develop for th next decade, probably top 5 big pairing in the nba potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    It's not Drummond I regret missing, it's sliding down the lottery by winning games that meant nothing. Now that was a tank year and it was botched. Barnes could have been ours. Still, we have Ross now and I hope he turns it around after a so so rookie year.
    If Ross becomes a freak athlete version of mo Pete no harm, no foul. You live with it but if he's a d leaguer in two yrs its tough to swallow.

vCash
    i think ross will turn out good, he just seems a little lazy... I feel like he just needs to be pushed much harder.
    however if his game is not significantly better this year then its safe to say he was bad pick(bust).

Drummond's only attribute is his size, he lacks everything else. I dont understand the massive love some of you guys have for him, he has a long way to go.

If all you can do is dunk and "maybe" get 10 rebounds a game, your not exactly unstoppable. I also question his motor; can he go out and play 30+ mins and not get extremely fatigued?. dudes over 270lbs.

I don't hate Drummond, he will most likely turn out to be a good strong centre, but as of right now ehhh

So far Ross has not impressed in the summer league. He has not shown improvement in his basketball iq or his physical attributes. Where as Val has improved greatly physically, he still makes stupid mistakes but at-least he got stronger.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast