vCash

2013-2014 New York Knicks Starting Lineup

If I had our starting five for next season, it would be:

PG- Raymond Felton
    SG- Iman Shumpert
    SF-Metta World Peace
    PF-Carmelo Anthony
    C-Tyson Chandler

I think we start off with our best defensive unit to start the game. With JR Smith, Amare and Barginini on the bench, we could be the deepest team in the NBA. No other team has three borderline all stars sitting on the bench. I think a lot of teams will have to keep their starters in the game when these guys come onto the court; otherwise, it will be a quick blowout.

vCash
    We have no offense in the starting unit. If your gonna start peace you have to start jr.
    Toney the savior

@I_am_iman
    "two very winnable games"...FOH #Knickstape #mobdeep #NYKallday

vCash
    I really like the looks of the MWP/Melo/Tyson frontline but I cringe at the thought of Bargs/Amare getting the bulk of their minutes together. I would probably bring MWP off the bench next to STAT at C.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I really like the looks of the MWP/Melo/Tyson frontline but I cringe at the thought of Bargs/Amare getting the bulk of their minutes together. I would probably bring MWP off the bench next to STAT at C.
    I worry about that too, but what if Bargs came in for Metta @ the 8 minute mark like J.R. did last year? Melo could just slide to the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    You cannot, CANNOT roll out your best defensive lineup and then your best offensive lineup off the bench. It needs to be mixed.

Felton, Shump, MWP, Melo and Chandler can finish games for defensive reasons sometimes. But seriously, they have more of a problem with the last five finishing now as eight guys could finish games now.

Starting lineup HAS to be, no exceptions:

PG Felton
    SG Shump
    SF Melo
    PF Bargnani
    C Chandler

Bench

PG Prigioni
    SG JR/Hardaway Jr.
    SF Artest/Hardaway Jr.
    PF Amare
    C Martin/another big

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    You cannot, CANNOT roll out your best defensive lineup and then your best offensive lineup off the bench. It needs to be mixed.

Felton, Shump, MWP, Melo and Chandler can finish games for defensive reasons sometimes. But seriously, they have more of a problem with the last five finishing now as eight guys could finish games now.

PG Felton
    SG Shump
    SF Melo
    PF Bargnani
    C Chandler

Bench

PG Prigioni
    SG JR/Hardaway Jr.
    SF Artest/Hardaway Jr.
    PF Amare
    C Martin/another big
    Correct

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash

PG Felton
    SG Shump
    SF Melo
    PF Bargnani
    C Chandler

Bench

PG Prigioni
    SG JR/Hardaway Jr.
    SF Artest/Hardaway Jr.
    PF Amare
    C Martin/another big
    This is exactly how the rotation needs to be. Good balance of offense and defense at all times.

vCash
    Ppl are forgetting that leslie and Tyler are looking really good..even Murry and Jerome impressed me today..so who knows what we can get out of them...

vCash
    Needmore Murrrr

vCash
    Having Brags and Amare in the second unit is dumb. This should be the starting line up

PG Felton
    SG Shump
    SF Melo
    PF Brags
    C Chandler

Plain and simple, although Melo can't be guarded at the 4, he can't guard 4's and he will get banged on.

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    Kawhi is going to get murdered by Lebron. He is going to make a name for himself, as the guy who cost the Spurs a championship. Guy is garbage on defense.

vCash
    What's sad is that of Amare and Brags wasn't so hurt and a liability on defense a line of

Felton
    Shump
    Melo
    Amare
    Brags

Is just what Melo and Amare needs. Brah is a stretch 5 which will leave the paint open for Amare and the elbow open for Melo. That line up would of made the Melo and Amare experiment work!

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    Kawhi is going to get murdered by Lebron. He is going to make a name for himself, as the guy who cost the Spurs a championship. Guy is garbage on defense.

vCash

PG Felton
    SG Shump
    SF Melo
    PF Bargnani
    C Chandler

Bench

PG Prigioni
    SG JR/Hardaway Jr.
    SF Artest/Hardaway Jr.
    PF Amare
    C Martin/another big
    I disagree we started brewer at the 3 last year and that's how we started out 18 6 as much sense as it makes to start bargs you know woody isn't gonna do it also ron isn't a liability on offense like brewer was I think one of bargs and amare won't see the floor our bench will probably look like this

kmart
    bargs/amare
    ?
    jr/hardaway jr
    prigs

we still have open roster spots for a back up 3, back up pg and kmart hasn't signed yet so we don't have a back up 5 either

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    Ppl are forgetting that leslie and Tyler are looking really good..even Murry and Jerome impressed me today..so who knows what we can get out of them...
    I think Leslie goes to the D-league, and Tyler comes up as front court depth (if we sign KMart, he's more important if we don't). If we can't get a PG in free agency - then I think Murry be signed for his PG skills.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    kmart signing is very important

vCash

PG Felton
    SG Shump
    SF Melo
    PF Bargnani
    C Chandler

Bench

PG Prigioni
    SG JR/Hardaway Jr.
    SF Artest/Hardaway Jr.
    PF Amare
    C Martin/another big
    Before I even turned the computer on, this was the line up I had in my head. 100% agree. Great mix of strengths. Like any team, there will be moments where they need more firepower, and times when they need more lock down D. They have the personnel to do that either way.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast