Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Max Scherzer will start for the AL in the All Star Game

Max Scherzer will start for the American League on Tuesday night in the 2013 All-Star Game.
    That announcement was made Monday in a press conference at New York's Citi Field. Scherzer, 28, has a brilliant 3.19 ERA, 0.98 WHIP and 152/31 K/BB ratio in 129 2/3 innings this season for the Tigers. He'll be facing off against National League starter Matt Harvey.
    Hell yes Mighty Max. Just don't do what Verlander did last year.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    Verlander last year tried to throw 100mph in the first inning b/c he thought that was what everyone wanted to see. Its really stupid when you think about it b/c he typically doesn't throw that hard until the later innings, once he is really lose and adrenaline is pumping.

I would have preferred scherzer to get more rest and not play in the AS Game. but I guess he will have a few days off after the AS break before he has to pitch again. Plus, he'll only throw 1 inning, so not a big deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarkow View Post
    Verlander last year tried to throw 100mph in the first inning b/c he thought that was what everyone wanted to see. Its really stupid when you think about it b/c he typically doesn't throw that hard until the later innings, once he is really lose and adrenaline is pumping.

I would have preferred scherzer to get more rest and not play in the AS Game. but I guess he will have a few days off after the AS break before he has to pitch again. Plus, he'll only throw 1 inning, so not a big deal.
    Isn't one of the new rules that the starting pitcher has to throw two innings or something like that?
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale