Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Sacramento Kings going after Greg Oden?

Free-agent center Greg Oden will be in Las Vegas this week for face-to-face meetings with officials from the Dallas Mavericks, Sacramento Kings and New Orleans Pelicans, according to sources with knowledge of Oden's plans.

The sitdown with Mavericks officials, sources said, is scheduled for later Monday, as Dallas pushes to join the San Antonio Spurs and Miami Heat at the forefront of the race to resurrect the career of 2007's No. 1 overall pick.

Oden, 25, has battled numerous knee injuries and hasn't played in an NBA game since Dec. 5, 2009. He is coming off his third microfracture knee surgery in February 2012.

He was the top overall pick in the 2007 NBA draft out of Ohio State, chosen by the Portland Trail Blazers one spot ahead of Kevin Durant.

ESPN.com reported last week that the Cleveland Cavaliers' signing of Andrew Bynum removed the Cavs from the list of contenders for his services. San Antonio and Miami are widely regarded as the two favorites, but Dallas continues to pursue Oden with intent while also negotiating with Milwaukee Bucks free-agent big man Samuel Dalembert.

Heat president Pat Riley recently told local reporters that he's had an extended exchange with Oden already.

vCash
    Kind of dislike the idea, but at the same time if he resurrects his career, he would be pretty damn good for us. This article doesn't really list as frontrunners, so it may not happen.

But if we do, probably have to move Thompson + Hayes depending on how healthy he is

vCash
    I don't know why but I like this.

It should be a low risk high reward situation, I am sure with his injury history there will be clauses all over the contract providing the organization protections.

Ownership is aggressive and I like it
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Greg Oden is one of my top free agents for the Sacramento Kings (even with his knees). This is an opportunity to take a risk and either hit a grand slam or strike out... Oden is a low risk/high reward type of player because he'll have language in his contract that protects the team if he were to injure his knees again. I can't express how bad the Kings need a presence like Greg Oden. I hope PDA can get him to sign.

vCash
    why not. He isnt gonna cost much, but the potential reward is higher than the risk of signing him. not sure who they would move to make room for him.

vCash
    I love it!!!!gives us a major reason to trade j.t.(who, IMO, is the best trade piece we have)...we can trade him and Thornton or jimmer for a quality small forward....I like Hayward from the jazz a lot...what do you guys think?!?!?!

vCash
    According to Hoopsworld.com, the Kings are just under $1 million under the 2013 salary cap. They also retain their $2.652 million room exception, meaning they could offer Oden a deal in the two-year, $5.4 million dollar range.

Sacramento could also potentially clear up more cap space by amnestying John Salmons and his $7.58 million contract before the July 17 deadline. On the roster, Greg Oden would compete with Chuck Hayes for the backup center spot behind DeMarcus Cousins.
    Sounds good to me...

vCash
    If we can fit him in without amnestying Salmons, that would be great. Low risk and potentially high reward signing.
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    Come on PDA we want NBA 3.0, not microfracture 3.0

This is probably what the Spurs feel like right now

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2014

vCash
    He can play center n cousins can play power forward or the other way around....beast mode!!!!

vCash
    I would love to see us add Greg Oden. I think its a longshot because I would think we need to offer more than the Spurs or Heat to land Oden.

vCash
    Well the spurs and heat can only offer him the vet minimum so chances are we will give him more than that. I'm not sure what the Hornets and Mavs cap looks like

vCash
    If we want Oden, I think we have to make a trade first or amnesty Salmons...cuz 2.6 mil probably won't be enough. The Heat can offer 3.1 and title contention, and a solid spot in the rotation (possibly starting)

vCash
    interesting very interesting. twin towers of super powers. one ugly mofo tho lol.

vCash
    Where do you guys see him fitting in?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast