Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 X-jays

vCash

2012 X-jays

I thought it would be a fun project to see how the 2012 X jays are doing.
    Wish I had the time to first make a full list - but don't

here's a start

Travas Snider - still looking like a bust (hitting .226)
    TDA -not playing (I think)

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    They showed the future All-Star game the other day. Syndergaard was playing...what a stud.

Is it just me or does it seem like 24hrs after we trade our specs that they get knocked up 20 points on all the top100 list. Grrr.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Yup. No one at all had Synd ahead of Sanchez pre-trade. As soon as he was shipped to NY he was top 30.

vCash
    Heh, Billyen. Overall, our guys have done worse.

One prospect went up about 20 spots (Syndergaard went up from like 40s-50s to 20s-30s on prospect lists).

But 2 got injured: TDA broke his foot, barely played this year. Alvarez was injured up until recently.
    One did as expected: Jake Marisnick has been solid repeating AA. And 2 got worse: Nicolino is still in A-ball and can't strike anyone out. And Hech has been below replacement for the Marlins, struggling with (of all things) defence, his strong-suit.

But yeah, TDA and Syndergaard was a very steep price for a 38-year old RA Dickey. At the time, people justified it by saying that Dickey's age didn't matter that he could throw a knuckleball forever. Which is true, BUT we've seen Dickey struggle with injury issues and velocity dips, which has led to a dip in performance.

The one good thing that came out of the Toronto Raptors season.

vCash
    Well the Dickey trade sure looks absolutely horrible right about now. Even if TDA never really materializes into an all-star catcher, Syndergaard looks damn near unhittable in the minors. His k rate is up, his walk rate is down and as a result his ERA is bordering on elite. He'll be called up later this year at his current pace, then we can really see what we missed out on.

The Marlins trade I'd still do every day - they gave up almost nothing and picked up Reyes, which Im still firmly behind.

The Dickey trade, not so much.... that's going to backfire horribly I'm afraid, unless something drastic happens over the next 2 seasons.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Speaking of ex-Blue Jays from last year, looks like Kelly Johnson is back to form. ****ing guy sucked balls here and is now back to doing great in TB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Syndergaard looks damn near unhittable in the minors.
    86 hits allowed in 88.2 innings is "near unhittable"? Not quite.

vCash
    Nicolino is making his AA debut tonight?

Something entertaining to follow. Blue Jays sure as hell aren't

vCash
    Eric Thames got DFA-ed by Mariners before netting Jays a shiny all-star Steve Delabar

with emergence of Delabar, Cecil, Loup Mcgowan and soon-to-be debutant Stroman, Jays have some leverage in dealing Janssen and Oliver from bullpen strength to fill some gapping holes in C, 2B/3B, SP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by superfio View Post
    Eric Thames got DFA-ed by Mariners before netting Jays a shiny all-star Steve Delabar

with emergence of Delabar, Cecil, Loup Mcgowan and soon-to-be debutant Stroman, Jays have some leverage in dealing Janssen and Oliver from bullpen strength to fill some gapping holes in C, 2B/3B, SP
    I don't like how open people are to trading Casey, especially with the hole and luck we've had with closers in the past years. Casey is a stud, there's no need to trade the guy unless you're full out rebuilding which we aren't. Trading Oliver I'm okay with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    I don't like how open people are to trading Casey, especially with the hole and luck we've had with closers in the past years. Casey is a stud, there's no need to trade the guy unless you're full out rebuilding which we aren't. Trading Oliver I'm okay with.
    1. forgot about santos entering the mix too

2. once upon a time, Brandon League fetched us Brandon Morrow. League was not remotely close to Janssen's level now, so the return should probably be better than an outsynced Morrow at that time with the Mariners.

If given opportunity, lets try it once again.

3. Casey Janssen is a stud, I agree and I enjoy seeing him. But as I said, Delabar, Cecil have outperformed him fair and square, not to mention all-star recognition this year.

4. McGowan, Santos, Stroman, Loup are not too far behind also. Janssen had his struggles earlier in his career before he morphed from a starter into a closer now. They struggle, they all do at one point.

So I hedge my bets on a bounce-back McGowan, Santos or upcoming Stroman, Loup.

I would roll the dice with Janssen + Oliver to settle more pressing needs in 2B / 3B, C, SP.

vCash
    CARLOS VILLANUEVA era 4.16 - nothing special.
    Y escobar avg. 250 - about the same
    fraser - era 2.63 - doin' good

vCash
    The Marlins will call up Christian Yelich and Jake Marisnick prior to Tuesday's game.
    Marisnick, 22, is an intriguing prospect in his own right and was hitting .290/.350/.491 with 12 dingers and 11 steals coming into action Monday. It remains to be seen if either player is ready to contribute at the big league level, but they'll play regularly and are both worth gambling on in deeper leagues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metafour View Post
    Sure if you would like to cherry pick and use my statement as completely literal....

I would say his 11 k/9, low walk total and ERA that's hovering around 2 is pretty ****ing good.... he also started the future's All star game over the break throwing a scoreless inning.

Yeah... what a scrub Good job we got rid of him!

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metafour View Post
    He gives up a ton of hits relative to other top prospects. Product of a straight fastball and staying around the strike zone. Doesn't mean he won't be incredibly successful but that hit rate is definitely a black eye that a lot of people are overlooking.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast