Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Islanders sign Josh Bailey to 5 year deal

5 years, 16.5 million (3.3 AAV)

Love it. He's a big part of our team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Just hope Strome stays at C and our forward core will be unreal in the 2014-15 season (Tavares, Strome, Grabner, Okposo, Nielsen, Bailey, Clutterbuck, Martin, Cizikas, Nelson, Lee, and guys like Kabanov, Sundstrom, Persson, etc will be competiting.)

vCash
    Tavares 5.5
    Visnovsky 4.75
    Hamonic 3.857
    Nabokov 3.25
    Moulson 3.133
    Grabner 3.0
    Okposo 2.8
    Nielsen 2.75
    Clutterbuck 2.75
    Bouchard 2.0
    Carkner 1.5
    Martin 1.0
    Cizikas .9
    MacDonald .55

Ton fo cap space, almost an entire team locked up, and let's be honest, the D needs a ton of work and Strait and Carkner will certainly be waiver candidates come training camp

vCash
    I don't know much about hockey but it sounds like the team of the near future will be a consistent contender. We can only hope and pray that they'll open up the pocketbook and provide the complimentary pieces we need to make a real run at this thing. Plus we really need a goalie for the future as well. Wish we would have gone after that goalie that the Devils picked up in the draft. Nino + 1st round pick could have done it right? Damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG+Braves
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

vCash
    I've been thinking... Strome can be the 1st line winger and bump PMB to 2nd line Nielsen to 3rd

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Also I really like this deal because Bailey is only 23 and 5 years is plenty of enough time to develop into that 50 point player (20 G, 30 A.)

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    Tavares 5.5
    Visnovsky 4.75
    Hamonic 3.857
    Nabokov 3.25
    Moulson 3.133
    Grabner 3.0
    Okposo 2.8
    Nielsen 2.75
    Clutterbuck 2.75
    Bouchard 2.0
    Carkner 1.5
    Martin 1.0
    Cizikas .9
    MacDonald .55

Ton fo cap space, almost an entire team locked up, and let's be honest, the D needs a ton of work and Strait and Carkner will certainly be waiver candidates come training camp
    They can both go, maybe keep Carkner around for toughness. Strait has to go. We gotta start negotiating with Amac before we lose him next season, easily one of the most underrated under the radar dman in the league led the league in blocked shots last season please resign Amac please

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Finley > Strait. Yeah that's how much I don't like Strait.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Incredible. I remember the Wings locked both Cleary and Filppula down to 5 year deals worth a total of 15M. Just an incredible deal to do five years later. Both of these guys played the best hockey of their careers on that deal. Val hit 65 points, and Cleary put up solid numbers, which covered his prime. My point is, this could very likely be the same here.

I'm still not a fan of the Nino trade, but damn, Snow is doing a great job with re-signings. However, what happens with the 1 year deals? PMB bursts out with 60 points, signs elsewhere. He is capable of that, though he'll likely be injured.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I don't know much about hockey but it sounds like the team of the near future will be a consistent contender. We can only hope and pray that they'll open up the pocketbook and provide the complimentary pieces we need to make a real run at this thing. Plus we really need a goalie for the future as well. Wish we would have gone after that goalie that the Devils picked up in the draft. Nino + 1st round pick could have done it right? Damn.
    Apparently, for some reason, the Canucks turned it down. I actually suggested that.

vCash
    Isles fans are over valuing Nino. Dude has an attitude issue and scored exactly 1 goal in 55 games in the NHL and 3 pts overall I believe. I am not saying Nino couldn't be good but his trade value took a big hit when *****ed about not being on the Isles last season. He didn't deserve to be on the team and instead of taking it he totally complained PUBLICLY about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finfan1971 View Post
    Isles fans are over valuing Nino. Dude has an attitude issue and scored exactly 1 goal in 55 games in the NHL and 3 pts overall I believe. I am not saying Nino couldn't be good but his trade value took a big hit when *****ed about not being on the Isles last season. He didn't deserve to be on the team and instead of taking it he totally complained PUBLICLY about it.
    Babies do that and I'm glad we got Clutterbuck. We have Martin and Clutterbuck so we are going to see some skulls getting cracked.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    I've been thinking... Strome can be the 1st line winger and bump PMB to 2nd line Nielsen to 3rd
    I would hate that. Strome needs to be a C. isles dont win a cup unless we have an awesome 2nd line C, I guarantee that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finfan1971 View Post
    He was rushed. He did very well in the AHL, which isn't exactly easy anymore. You don't have Jason Krog putting up 150 points there anymore. Nino is still like 20 years old. He was rushed into the NHL, and the coach did a horrible job with him. Management too. I understand him demanding a trade and all, but I surely thought you could get more value than a career bottom six forward.

vCash
    People see 3rd liner and freak out but if you think about how much value Clutterbuck can bring to a team. Maybe 15-20 goals, great PKing, and 300 +/- hits, pretty much no players in the NHL like him. Matt Cooke is pretty similar, but Ill take Clutterbuck out of those 2 any day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast