Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Marshall expresses displeasure with Hornacek's comments via Twitter

Suns coach Jeff Hornacek recently said of PG Kendall Marshall, "he's maybe not the type of guy that is going to fly it down the court and penetrate and put pressure on a defense that way."

Hornacek also praised Marshall's ability to attack in pick-and-rolls, but the comments didn't sit well with Marshall. "Apparently I don't like to fastbreak," he wrote in a Twitter post which has since been deleted. "Apparently I didn't [go] to Carolina, team that fast breaks more than any team in the world." This minor flap shouldn't have lasting implications but minutes will be hard to come by for Marshall now that Eric Bledsoe and Archie Goodwin are in Phoenix.
    Wow this kid really is an idiot.

How can he disagree with what Hornacek said when its ABSOLUTELY TRUE. I think pigs will fly before Marshall flies down the court and penetrates to puts pressure on the defense.

And taking it to Twitter to express displeasure with your HC? Yea not the smartest idea. And if you suck like Marshall does, you have no room to complain.

I wish I could be optimistic about him but I just can't. I hated the selection when we drafted him and he has done nothing since then to change my opinion. If he were to spend as much time in the gym as he does on Twitter, he would have developed a good shot by now.

I really hope McDonough dumps him asap. Every game he plays, he loses trade value cause other teams are seeing more and more of how much he sucks.

vCash
    It is stupid of Marshall to pay out on his new HC on Twitter.

vCash
    Maybe its a play to get off the team. Could work out well for him. haha

vCash
    The Suns have put Kendall Marshall on the trade block in hopes of getting some return on the 2012 lottery pick, several league executives told NBA.com, with Marshall at No. 3 on the depth chart at point guard at moving to upgrade the position.

“He’s out there,” said a member of one personnel department, meaning Marshall is available.

“They’re trying to attach him to pretty much any deal that comes up,” another executive said here at summer league. “If you want to talk about any of their players, they include him. He’s basically the price of admission to any trade right now.”

Marshall was the No. 13 pick a year ago by then-general manager Lance Blanks as the best passing point guard in the draft and averaged 14.6 minutes in 48 games behind Goran Dragic amid concerns about his shooting (37.1 percent as a rookie) and a lack of athleticism that is particularly exposed on defense. The Suns then explored taking a ball handler in the 2013 draft, bringing Michael Carter-Williams in for a pair of workouts, before selecting center Alex Len and then later acquiring veteran Eric Bledsoe in trade from the Clippers.

“I wouldn’t say he’s available,” Suns general manager Ryan McDonough, hired in May, said Monday. “Everybody has a price, right? It depends on what that price is. As you saw out there today, he’s been working very hard on his shot. He made a couple 3-pointers, made the game-tying shot. I think that’ll be the next step in Kendall’s development. He’s also worked very hard on his body. As you can probably tell, he’s in good shape now. He has the natural, innate passing ability to find guys. We view Bledsoe and Dragic as guards who can play together some. It’s not going to be Bledsoe or Dragic. Most of the time, it’s going to be Bledsoe and Dragic together. You need more than two, obviously. Those guys aren’t going to play 48 minutes, and I think Kendall’s shown he’d be pretty good in the backup role.”

Marshall had three of six shots, including three of five from beyond the arc, and had six assists without a turnover Monday as the Suns beat the Timberwolves 91-89 at Thomas & Mack Center.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...-on-the-block/
    Can't say I'm disappointed

But the kid did play well in today's game. Hopefully that increased his trade value a little.

I think that his sarcastic reaction to Hornacek's comments on Twitter probably play at least a small part in this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Can't say I'm disappointed

But the kid did play well in today's game. Hopefully that increased his trade value a little.

I think that his sarcastic reaction to Hornacek's comments on Twitter probably play at least a small part in this.
    Yeah, those comments wouldn't have helped. I'm ambivalent about this news. On one hand I think that Marshall can develop into a quality back-up PG (especially with someone decent to work on his shooting), and I can't see us getting much in return for him at this stage. On the other hand his attitude has been fairly negative since we first drafted him, so maybe it's best that we part ways early. Sadly, yet another wasted draft pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    Yeah, those comments wouldn't have helped. I'm ambivalent about this news. On one hand I think that Marshall can develop into a quality back-up PG (especially with someone decent to work on his shooting), and I can't see us getting much in return for him at this stage. On the other hand his attitude has been fairly negative since we first drafted him, so maybe it's best that we part ways early. Sadly, yet another wasted draft pick.
    Yea, him and Markieff are the last remaining from the Blanks drafts.