Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Baltimore Orioles Official GT

Discuss the Orioles games in here.

vCash
    Up 4-0 in the 3rd inning. Feldman pitching well and the offense had a nice 1st inning with CD having a 2-run double to highlight the inning.

vCash
    Does anyone else wonder why Machado isn't batting 3rd? He seems to be a prototypical 3 hitter.

Great outing from Feldman. Can they get the most from him utilizing his offspeed and big curveball? I hope someone steps up in the 4th and 5th starter role because I like the top three with Tillman, Chen & Gonzalez. And it doesn't look like the O's are going to go after additional starting pitching and besides, the pickings are slim.

With continued great hitting, great defense, adequate starting and hopefully an improved bullpen can catapult this team into the playoffs where anything can happen in the AL this year. No one's unbeatable.

Does anyone know the likelihood of attaining Robinson Cano next year or will they wait on Schoop at 2B?
    Last edited by John X Doe; 07-16-2013 at 06:59 AM.

vCash
    I like Manny just fine in the number 2 hole.

He is a hitting machine, let him get on base, and the sluggers drive in the RBIs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleRick View Post
    I like Manny just fine in the number 2 hole.

He is a hitting machine, let him get on base, and the sluggers drive in the RBIs.
    He's on pace to lead MLB history in doubles. He is a slugger IMO.
    To me, a 2 hitter is a guy who takes walks, can bunt and run well, and hits to all fields willing to sacrifice himself to move the leadoff batter for the power to drive him in. It's just my view of a 2-hole batter. Probably you and Buck know better but to me, it's a strange fit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    He's on pace to lead MLB history in doubles. He is a slugger IMO.
    To me, a 2 hitter is a guy who takes walks, can bunt and run well, and hits to all fields willing to sacrifice himself to move the leadoff batter for the power to drive him in. It's just my view of a 2-hole batter. Probably you and Buck know better but to me, it's a strange fit.
    I actually agree with you. I like Markakis in the 2 hole with Manny in the 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlznerson View Post
    I actually agree with you. I like Markakis in the 2 hole with Manny in the 3.
    So do I. And I'm surprised to see the two reversed from that scenario.

vCash
    Yeah, i'd rather see the 2 swapped as well tbh.

vCash
    Your probably right from a skill set stand point but it wont ever happen because of the side of the plate they bat. if they switch it around you have this lineup typically:

1. mclouth- L
    2. Markakis- L
    3. Machado- R
    4. Jones- R

As opposed to what we normally have.

1. Mclouth- L
    2. Machado- R
    3. Markakis-L
    4. Jones- R

Its MUCH harder to matchup against the second lineup late in a game, so thats how it will stay balanced. I wouldn't expect Buck to change that around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terp12354 View Post
    Your probably right from a skill set stand point but it wont ever happen because of the side of the plate they bat. if they switch it around you have this lineup typically:

1. mclouth- L
    2. Markakis- L
    3. Machado- R
    4. Jones- R

As opposed to what we normally have.

1. Mclouth- L
    2. Machado- R
    3. Markakis-L
    4. Jones- R

Its MUCH harder to matchup against the second lineup late in a game, so thats how it will stay balanced. I wouldn't expect Buck to change that around
    That's a great observation. Makes sense.

vCash
    At the game, McLouth just made me happy.

vCash
    OMG, those frickin' DBacks ripped our hearts out for a third time! Jesus! The O's had a chance to end every single game in the 9th and could've come away with a sweep but instead were sweeped. What a crushing series. They own a 12-3 record against the O's all-time. Unreal.
    Now watch Boston pull another game out of their ***.

vCash
    YEP, It was a tough series, i think it is time to temporarily dethrone Johnson from the closer role. We can;t be losing this many games. We would be in first place if he had pitched the way he had last year as we would have 9 more wins. Ouch.