Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rockets not trading Lin and Asik cause Harden and Howard want both to stay...

...and Daryl Morey now calls himself the "assistant GM"

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...ng-to-be-here/

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey has been steadfast in his insistence that he is not looking to deal guard Jeremy Lin and center Omer Asik in the wake of signing Dwight Howard. He has cited Lin’s ability as an attacking guard as a good fit with Howard. He has talked about the value of Asik’s defense off the bench.

On Saturday, he added another reason.

“The reality is James (Harden) and Dwight (Howard) want to play with Jeremy and Omer,” Morey said. “I’ve been kicked down to assistant GM. They’re going to be here.”

With Howard to supplant Asik as his starting center, Morey was more specific about what Asik can bring.

“When we didn’t have Omer out there last year, we sucked,” Morey said. “I mean, we were terrible. That was where we lost games. When we had Omer out there, we were a top 10 defensive team. Now we have a defensive player of the year and Omer. I mean that position is so important if you’re going to have a solid defense. Now we have two of the best in the league. I’m very excited.”
    Last edited by FOBolous; 07-13-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    Rockets forum. And it doesn't matter if they were trying to trade Lin, they still wouldn't get any suitors.

vCash
    I would be mad if I was Asik and still would keep my request for a trade. He's been a backup his entire career and finally gets a chance to display his skills in Houston last season and not only does he meet expectations but he EXCEEDS them....and now he's demoted only to play behind Dwight Howard who can play 35+mpg.

But if they can find the minutes where Asik can still get 25+ mpg, then it should be all good.

As for Lin, I think he's an okay fit and it shouldnt be a problem there.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    ok so dwight as pf

5. 07-13-2013, 03:45 PM
    Reason
    Off-topic

6. 07-13-2013, 03:47 PM
    Reason
    Off-topic

7. 07-13-2013, 03:49 PM
    Reason
    Off-topic

8. 07-13-2013, 03:51 PM
    Reason
    Off-topic

vCash
    I still think it's stupid for them not to trade Asik. A backup to Dwight Howard is about the least important position on the team. I don't think they can really thrive on the court together either...so more minutes for Asik might not be a good thing. I understand wanting to keep Lin, however.

The Rockets have holes and moving Asik is the easiest way to fill them. He's their best asset. I'd imagine Morey would pounce on a good deal regardless of what these two want honestly. He knows what's up.

Asik has been pretty relevant NBA news too. Can see how this is relevant.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    well considering there were threads in the main NBA forum about trade rumors surrounding Asik and trade rumors surrounding other players (ex. Celtics Shopping Humphries and Wallace), I thought this would be appropriate for the main NBA forum. I guess some people don't share my opinion.
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    well considering there were threads in the main NBA forum about trade rumors surrounding Asik and trade rumors surrounding other players (ex. Celtics Shopping Humphries and Wallace), I thought this would be appropriate for the main NBA forum. I guess some people don't share my opinion.
    I think some people are just tired of hearing about Dwight, even indirectly.

vCash
    some ppl here are real sensitive

13. 07-13-2013, 04:04 PM
    Reason
    Off-topic

vCash
    This really isn't suited only for the Rockets forum. This isn't as ridiculous as that Laker thread a few days ago. This can be somewhat of a 'notice' that Asik or Lin isn't available.

vCash
    They should deff trade both players tho, could deff get a great upgrade at pg & pf!
    Be $wavy

vCash
    This def NBA thread worthy for 2 reasons.

1. Players are the reason these guys won't be traded as opposed to the GM.
    2. It sounds like, because of this, Asik will be a reserve again after having a very good year as a starter

vCash

Rockets not trading Lin and Asik cause Harden and Howard wants both to stay...

Keeping Lin is fine, but Asik will be wasted there behind Dwight. Having a good backup behind Dwight is nice, but it's not worth having Asik behind him when trading him can address weaknesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Knicks View Post
    As far as talent goes, without a doubt Melo is the best player the knicks have ever had. I think Melo is the best player in the league right now so i think after he wins us a ring this year he would have to be considered the best knick ever. Melo will become the new Jordan of the league we are so lucky to have him!!!

vCash
    I can imagine Harden wanting Lin to stay, they seemed to have pretty good chemistry together and I like to see Harden stick up for him. Also, I for one sincerely believe that if Lin can continue to make strides he'll be an above average starter and live up to that big contract.

As far as Asik goes, Morey has a pretty good argument in noting that 2 of the best defenders in the league at Center guarantees 48 minutes of elite defense. Last year, in the 18 minutes that Asik was off the floor and we went with Greg Smith, the defense was terrible and back-up bigs were beasting on us. With Dwight playing around 38 minutes a game and Asik probably around 20/25, teams are going to have a heck of a time scoring in the interior.

Not sure how they'll fit playing together in terms of offense, but even rolling with Dwight/T-Jones and Asik/Motiejunas sounds pretty damn good to me.

Oh to be a Gooner...

vCash
    Lin makes sense I think he'll continue to improve even though Lin and Harden weren't ideal fits they seemed to develop chemistry late in the season. Asik can get them a nice piece back maybe they'll trade him in season or next season if it doesn't work out.

vCash
    How about trading Asik for a good back up center and either a PF or SF depth.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast