• John Wall

18 28.57%
  • Greivis Vasquez

0 0%
  • Jeff Teague

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

6th Annual PSD Player Rankings #9 PG In The NBA? (Volume: VI)

Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 6th year I have done this on PSD and it always brings some great discussion and debate. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Lebron James and the Miami Heat are back to back NBA champions after an exciting 7 game series win over the Spurs. Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 5 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

2013 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Chris Paul
    2) Tony Parker
    3) Russel Westbrook
    4) Stephen Curry
    5) Kyrie Irving
    6) Deron Williams
    7) Rajon Rondo
    8) Mike Conley
    9)
    10)

2012 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Chris Paul
    2) Derrick Rose
    3) Russell Westbrook
    4) Deron Williams
    5) Rajon Rondo
    6) Tony Parker
    7) Steve Nash
    8) Kyrie Irving
    9) Kyle Lowry
    10) Ty Lawson

2011 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Chris Paul
    2) Derrick Rose
    3) Deron Williams
    4) Russell Westbrook
    5) Steve Nash
    6) Rajon Rondo
    7) Tony Parker
    8) Jason Kidd
    9) Chauncey Billups
    10) Stephen Curry

2010 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Deron Williams
    2) Chris Paul
    3) Steve Nash
    4) Rajon Rondo
    5) Derrick Rose
    6) Chauncey Billups
    7) Russel Westbrook
    8) Tony Parker
    9) Jason Kidd
    10) Tyreke Evans

2009 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Chris Paul
    2) Deron Williams
    3) Chauncey Billups
    4) Tony Parker
    5) Steve Nash
    6) Derrick Rose
    7) Devin Harris
    8) Rajon Rondo
    9) Jose Calderon
    10) Jason Kidd

2008 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Chris Paul
    2) Steve Nash
    3) Deron Williams
    4) Baron Davis
    5) Tony Parker
    6) Jason Kidd
    7) Chauncey Billups
    8) Gilbert Arenas
    9) Jose Calderon
    10) Andre Miller

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

Come Check Out the Raptors Forum!
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Mods please sticky.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

[/CENTER]

vCash
    Had to vote George Hill right here.

vCash
    Things really tighten up now. I have Wall here, but little separates the rest of the guys, at all.

I could see legit arguments for any of the remaining choices, besides Nelson, Nash and to a lesser extent Kemba and Jennings, for the 10 spot.

I don't see much separating Lowry, Holiday, Hill, Lawson, Dragic, Teague, Lillard and Vasquez at 10.

Can someone explain to me how Holiday is so clearly better than Lawson, Teague, Lillard, and the rest? I'm so confused with he obsession of his.

vCash
    Hill is certainly in the discussion with Wall, Lawson and Holiday. 4 guy race in my opinion.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

[/CENTER]

vCash
    Why not Lillard? High efficiency 20 ppg scorer, good passer. Just as good an option as anyone else on left.
    YOU TRIED HARD MIAMI

vCash
    Lillard. It's not hard to see that he's going to be at the top someday.

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Things really tighten up now. I have Wall here, but little separates the rest of the guys, at all.

I could see legit arguments for any of the remaining choices, besides Nelson, Nash and to a lesser extent Kemba and Jennings, for the 10 spot.

I don't see much separating Lowry, Holiday, Hill, Lawson, Dragic, Teague, Lillard and Vasquez at 10.

Can someone explain to me how Holiday is so clearly better than Lawson, Teague, Lillard, and the rest? I'm so confused with he obsession of his.
    People just saw the 1st half of the season and his all-star appearance and fail to realize he fell off a cliff in the 2nd half.

vCash
    Jrue has the 2-way versatility but lacks the efficiency and leadership

Hill is the efficient facilitator, versatile defender but lacks the creative playmaking

Lawson is the dynamic playmaker, can be very efficient+prolific when hes at his best, but hes also the worst defender of the bunch.

Wall had the worst season overall but dominated at the highest level during the 2nd half of the season when he was healthy. Im going against my own personal beliefs on this one (isolating 2nd halves and whatnot), possibly because I love the kids potential, so I get why he wouldn't be picked but I believe hes made the leap and will prove it once and for all this year. Great defender, great passer and his scoring is picking up finally.

His stats during the final half of his season read like this:

Code:
    MP	TS%	eFG%	ORB%	DRB%	TRB%	AST%	STL%	BLK%	TOV%	USG%	ORtg	DRtg
    35.8	.548	.478	3.1	12.2	7.5	42.0	2.2	1.7	11.5	30.4	114	104
    And it coincided with his teams offense and defense doing a complete 180 so Im a big believer in this kid. But at the same time, I remember when I thought this way about the baby bulls when Tyson and Eddy Curry were beasting during irrelevant basketball games.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    People just saw the 1st half of the season and his all-star appearance and fail to realize he fell off a cliff in the 2nd half.
    I think people just see 18-8 too and think that's amazing. Look, I think he's a solid player, especially defensively, but I think any of these PGs could go 18-8 if they're playing 38 minutes a game, putting up 17 shots a game and dominating ball possession as much as him. He's so inefficient and he's a TO machine. He's got the worst AST/TO ratio of anyone up for vote, and if you rate-adjust his assists they're far less impressive.

Love 'em or hate 'em, the advanced stats just get uglier too. 21st among PGs in PER, and like a billionth among PGs in WS/48 and even WS.

There's literally nothing Holiday does better than Wall, besides three-point shooting and defending. And Wall isn't far behind at all in that regard. Wall is a better scorer, a more efficient scorer, a better passer, a better ball-handler, a better rebounder, a better shot-blocker, a better FT shooter and so on and so on.
    Last edited by ManRam; 07-13-2013 at 01:52 PM.

vCash
    Wall for me. I am inclined to believe his 2nd half was a preview of things to come.

Again, not that I think Rubio should be in the top 10 at all, but how is he not even getting in the poll with some of that garbage?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Wall for me. I am inclined to believe his 2nd half was a preview of things to come.

Again, not that I think Rubio should be in the top 10 at all, but how is he not even getting in the poll with some of that garbage?
    No Rose... I better not see Love/Bynum/Rubio then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    No Rose... I better not see Love/Bynum/Rubio then.
    Rubio actually played.
    Kehinde Babatunde Victor Oladipo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post

It's cause people see that he's been an All Star and automatically assume he's better than the others.

vCash
    Nash still one of the best passers #NoLie
    Be $wavy

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast