Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Celtics Shopping Humphries and Wallace

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-ta...lace-humphries

What can Boston expect to get for those guys?

vCash
    Humphries is serviceable, and expiring, so I would think there will be a market for him.

As much as I love Gerald, with three years left on his contract, I have no idea who would want to take him on at this point.

vCash
    Nothing for Wallace. I actually think he has the worst contract in the NBA. BOS isn't a hot FA destination though so it doesn't hurt us too bad. Worth taking back for the picks we get and also the improvement in our own selections from trading away our stars.

Humphries is a movable contract though. I'd be surprised if Danny can't find a deal for him. Might result in BOS taking on a longer term contract though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Who on earth would want Gerald Wallace? He has virtually no game outside of his athleticism and now that that's pretty much shot, he is essentially worthless with a huge contract.

Pass.

vCash
    Wallace is untradable. One of the 3 worst contracts right now.

Not sure what Humph could bring back right now. To get anything worthwhile for him they'd probably have to take on a bad and longer contract. Maybe the C's run him out there early this season and let him produce then pawn him off to a contender for something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by black1605 View Post
    As much as I love Gerald, with three years left on his contract, I have no idea who would want to take him on at this point.
    I looked through the league at teams who could use/pay Wallace, and the only team I see as a viable option is Miami. The Heat could trade Mike Miller, James Jones and Rashard Lewis for Wallace straight up.

Why for Boston: shedding $4 million for 2014-15 and $10 million in 2015-16 would make it worth it to dump Wallace. I would see them waiving Lewis and buying out Miller. They could probably keep James Jones who isn't that bad especially for his contract.

Why for Miami: If Miami loses Battier to retirement, they need a SF/PF defender for their bench. Money isn't an issue down there so Wallace's contract doesn't hurt that badly. And if Boston just buys out or waives Mike Miller, I'm sure Miller would go back to Miami.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo Porto View Post
    I looked through the league at teams who could use/pay Wallace, and the only team I see as a viable option is Miami. The Heat could trade Mike Miller, James Jones and Rashard Lewis for Wallace straight up.

Why for Boston: shedding $4 million for 2014-15 and $10 million in 2015-16 would make it worth it to dump Wallace. I would see them waiving Lewis and buying out Miller. They could probably keep James Jones who isn't that bad especially for his contract.

Why for Miami: If Miami loses Battier to retirement, they need a SF/PF defender for their bench. Money isn't an issue down there so Wallace's contract doesn't hurt that badly. And if Boston just buys out or waives Mike Miller, I'm sure Miller would go back to Miami.
    No way Boston helps Miami in the least.

Another tibit from the CBA

s I understand the collective bargaining agreement (based on what I've read from Larry Coon, ESPN's cap expert), one designation prohibits over-the-salary-cap teams (like Boston) from acquiring a player via trade, then re-trading him in combination with another player for two months. So any trade of Wallace or Humphries could not include any other Celtics players, at least until Sept. 12.
    So Wallace can't be packaged with anyone else making it unlikely he moves. I prefer that anyway, as I'm sure he'll play better this upcoming year. I can def see Hump going somewhere.

vCash
    If I'm the KNicks I'd take Wallace, and Lee's bad contract, packaged with Rondo, for Amare & Shump. Throw in Bass's deal as well if BOS wants to get rid of it.

Celtics clear $16m+ in 2015 with that deal.

vCash
    Wallace is still a good player. He is a guy built for an up and down style of play that has played in the 2 slowest offenses in the NBA the past 3 seasons. It should come as no surprise his numbers have taken a big dip. He cannot shoot he never has been able so to put him in a half court offense is ridiculous. A team that likes to push the pace will be pleasantly surprised by Wallace he has alot left in the tank. He would fit in nicely on a team like DEN or Minny
    Last edited by waveycrockett; 07-13-2013 at 11:24 AM.

vCash
    Stuckey, Knight, and Jerebko for Wallace and Rondo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    If I'm the KNicks I'd take Wallace, and Lee's bad contract, packaged with Rondo, for Amare & Shump. Throw in Bass's deal as well if BOS wants to get rid of it.

Celtics clear $16m+ in 2015 with that deal.
    Lets help their cap and mess up ours

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deception View Post
    Stuckey, Knight, and Jerebko for Wallace and Rondo
    lol. monroe/drummond or bust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Adding Rondo is worth taking on $16m in 2015.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    lol. monroe/drummond or bust
    you add rondo to that team, and their development goes skyrocket. They are instant contenders for the East with rondo, smith, monroe, drummond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    At this point the Knicks shouldn't even be concerned about their cap. Their window is right now.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast