Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Geno Smith won't be at Mark Sanchez's Jets West camp

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...jets-west-camp

I don't blame Geno, he's going to do things his way and Mark has been overly confident that he is still going to be the starter on the New York Jets. It's not going to be that easy for him, and I applaud Geno for not going to Jets West because that means he must be doing his own routine to prepare for training camp. Thoughts?

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    I agree, I support his decision to not go. I'm sure he'll get some heat for it but I wouldn't want to go if I was him either. Plus what real benefit or chemistry is he going to get from throwing to these guys for a couple days? And as a rookie he'd probably be hazed like crazy anyway.

vCash
    I don't think anyone cares. Its quite clear that Mark and Geno are nothing more than two people competing for the same job. Sure, he could have gone there... but to what benefit? Team bonding is about it. They'll have tons of time to bond during the year.

At least its not like the Tebow and Sanchez last year where everything is pretended to be all fine and dandy. And that doesn't bother me.

vCash
    file this under non story

vCash
    I'm happy he didn't go out west I'm sure he's got some great trainers working with him everyday trying to get the system down his foot work better and working under center. He is probably getting 5 times the reps on his own then he would out there.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...jets-west-camp

If you are able to watch the video, I admire what Herm says because that is what reality will be. Mark Sanchez will be the starting QB for the Jets, but in the end he controls his own destiny and if he should fail, expect Geno in.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    I can see how the media will flip this...

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    There is nothing that I want MSanchez to teach Geno Smith about football, besides it's not like Jets West is the only pre training camp workout available.

Looking forward to Preseason game #1.

vCash
    I like the decision by Geno. This is a competition. In competition the person you are competing against is your enemy not your friend. So why train together when you can ignore the distractions of Jets West, which the media will be covering for one day and instead just train on your own and keep the same routine you've had going into training camp. Geno doesn't need these fancy welcome dinners or go-karting races, ect. Geno needs to focus on his game alone and get better because what he is now is a rookie. A rookie who has a great chance to start.

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Yeah the media was saying Geno Smith is being selfish by not going, that's complete ********. If you want my opinion Mark Sanchez has had the lowest passer rating since 2009 so he is not someone I would want coaching me or trying to influence my game, Sanchez thinks the job will just be handed to him and he will start again back easily. No, that's not the case.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    There is nothing that I want MSanchez to teach Geno Smith about football, besides it's not like Jets West is the only pre training camp workout available.

Looking forward to Preseason game #1.
    Obviously I'm not a Jets fan, but this was my first thought when I saw the headline on PSD. I figured Jets fans would be THRILLED that Geno didn't go learn from Mark LOL for a few days

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    The media doesn't do that.
    Unless by flip, you mean that they will take a non story and make it seem like Smith hates Sanchez and is a self centered, non-team player. Then yes they will do that.

vCash
    I'm glad Sanchez gets his teammates together for extra work. But it means nothing if it doesn't translate to the field. I'm glad Geno didn't go. There's no reason for him to go and play 2nd fiddle to Mark. Better he works out with his people where he can be the focal point of the training.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    A camp run by Mark Sanchez, quite possibly the worst QB in the league.

If he skipped Broncos and Pats camp I would be pissed.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    When stories like this are "major" news, it goes to show you how "lacking" the sports world is today. If you were to take baseball out, what sports would there be to talk about? Tour de France? Golf? That is why stories like this pop up; there is nothing to talk about, so what better thing to talk about to spread some controversy is Geno Smith spurning Mark Sanchez's "Jet West" camp, which Sanchez himself said was no big deal!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast