Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1031
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,047
    vCash
    1500

    The Official Yankees 2013-2014 Prospects Thread III

    Since the other one just hit 1,000. I created a new one.

    Continue the discussion here.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,047
    vCash
    1500
    Enns dominates in Tampa loss

    By Mike Axisa

    3B Josh Bell has been released from Triple-A Scranton to clear room for 3B David Adams, according to Donnie Collins. That is in no way surprising. No more room at the inn.


    Triple-A Scranton (5-1 loss to Rochester)

    SS Derek Jeter: 0-3, 1 K, 1 E (throwing) – had more on him earlier
    3B David Adams, RF Fernando Martinez & DH Randy Ruiz: all 0-4 — F-Mart struck out once … ugly night for the top four spots in the lineup
    C J.R. Murphy: 1-3, 1 K
    CF Adonis Garcia: 1-3, 1 R, 1 2B, 1 K
    RHP Jose Ramirez: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 2 K, 2/1 GB/FB – only 25 of 56 pitches were strikes (47%) … he really belongs in Triple-A
    RHP Caleb Cotham: 4.1 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K, 1 HB, 10/2 GB/FB — 52 of 82 pitches were strikes (63%)
    RHP Dellin Betances: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 1 WP, 1 HB, 2/2 GB/FB — 23 of 38 pitches were strikes (61%)


    Double-A Trenton is off until tomorrow for the All-Star break. The West Division All-Stars shut out the East Division team 5-0. Here’s the box score.

    LF Tyler Austin: 1-1 — entered the game in the seventh
    CF Ramon Flores: 0-1 – also entered the game in the seventh
    LHP Nik Turley: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, 1/0 GB/FB – four of eight pitches were strikes, so a minimalist inning for the big lefty … he pitched the seventh
    RHP Tommy Kahnle: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 1/0 GB/FB — only seven of 16 pitches were strikes (44%) … he pitched the eighth


    High-A Tampa (5-2 loss to Dunedin) OF Mason Williams hasn’t played in a week because he’s sick, but he isn’t on the DL

    LF Ben Gamel: 3-4, 2 R, 2 2B — six hits in his last eleven at-bats (55%)
    DH Alex Rodriguez: 1-3, 1 RBI — had a little more on him earlier
    3B Peter O’Brien: 1-3, 1 3B, 1 RBI, 1 K
    C Gary Sanchez: 0-3, 1 BB
    2B Rob Refsnyder: 1-4, 2 K – five hits in his last 36 at-bats (.139)
    LHP Dietrich Enns: 5 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K, 1/6 GB/FB — 83/20 K/BB in 57 innings
    RHP David Herndon: 2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 HB, 1/3 GB/FB


    Low-A Charleston (3-2 win over Greenville in ten innings, walk-off style)

    CF Jake Cave: 1-4, 1 K
    SS Cito Culver: 2-5, 1 2B, 1 K – five hits in his last 12 at-bats (.417) with three doubles
    1B Greg Bird: 0-3, 2 BB — both walks were intentional
    3B Dante Bichette Jr.: 0-4, 1 K — he was at the plate for the walk-off wild pitch
    2B Angelo Gumbs: 0-3, 1 R, 1 BB
    LHP Tyler Webb: 2 IP, zeroes, 5 K, 1/0 GB/FB — 18 of 26 pitches were strikes (69%) … 18/3 K/BB in ten innings for this year’s tenth rounder


    Short Season Staten Island (2-1 loss to Lowell)

    LF Michael O’Neill & 3B Eric Jagielo: both 1-4
    CF Brandon Thomas: 0-2, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 HBP — he’s been on base 32 times in 19 games, 18 times by walk of hit-by-pitch (60%)
    1B Bubba Jones: 1-3, 1 RBI, 2 K
    RHP Rookie Davis: 4.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 K, 3/4 GB/FB


    Rookie GCL Yanks1 (4-1 win over GCL Phillies)

    DH Abi Avelino: 0-3,1 R, 2 BB, 2 SB — he started the year hurt, and Ben Badler says it was a torn quad … ouch
    2B Gosuke Katoh: 0-4, 2 K
    1B Chris Breen: 1-3, 3 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 SB
    3B Matt Duran: 1-4, 2 K
    SS Tyler Wade: 1-3, 1 BB, 1 K — nine walks and six strikeouts in eleven pro games
    LHP Chaz Hebert: 4 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 4/4 GB/FB
    RHP Luis Severino: 4.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, 4/2 GB/FB – 22/5 K/BB in 16.1 innings


    Rookie GCL Yanks2 (11-5 win over GCL Braves)

    3B Ronnie Mustelier: 1-3, 1 R, 1 K — played five innings in the field after missing about a month with strains to both groins … that’s a first
    C Luis Torrens: 1-2, 3 R, 1 2B, 1 3B, 3 BB, 1 PB — .267/.313/.422 is pretty damn impressive for a kid who turned 17 in May
    LF Nathan Mikolas: 3-4, 2 R, 2 2B, 1 HR, 7 RBI, 1 SB, 1 HBP — geez, he really filled up the box score today
    SS Thairo Estrada: 0-4 — Badler says the Yankees signed him for only $49k last year, showing it doesn’t always take big bucks to find talent
    RHP Dallas Martinez: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K, 0/1 GB/FB
    RHP Joey Maher: 5 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 2 K, 1 Balk, 7/5 GB/FB

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,047
    vCash
    1500
    Nice too see Ronnier back. Rehabbing. I really think he would have been called up if he hadn't been injured. He looked good in spring training and can play both infield and outfield positions.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    16,591
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Nice too see Ronnier back. Rehabbing. I really think he would have been called up if he hadn't been injured. He looked good in spring training and can play both infield and outfield positions.
    I wonder if he will get a shot over Cruz?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    22,769
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Nice too see Ronnier back. Rehabbing. I really think he would have been called up if he hadn't been injured. He looked good in spring training and can play both infield and outfield positions.
    I do too. Hopefully he is able to get back to his production level.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey/Delaware/PA
    Posts
    1,918
    vCash
    1500
    " You are an established optimist. You know a lot about the current farm but before you got here everyone was talking about Christian Garcia, Jose Tabata, Drew Henson etc. This is the same **** over and over again.
    It is well known the yankees didn't flex their financial muscle for the past decade in international FA, the draft is at best, half of the value of the farm. But comparative winners to the yankees since 2000? There aren't many but I guarantee the usual suspects, Boston, LAA, LAD, Philly,STL, even Oakland have all developed significantly more quality and quantity hitters than we have since 2000, Hell Trout, Puig and Brown alone are better than everything we've developed in almost 20 years save Cano. Stop defending the system at all costs, it compromises your integrity.

    Last edited by CostanzaNumba0; Yesterday at 06:35 PM. "

    I may be slightly optimistic, however I acknowledge that prospects fail, which is actually more realistic than optimistic. Even with that in mind, the reason I think the Yankees have the prospects to support their team is not because they have guys like Mason Williams, Tyler Austin, and Slade Heathcott. It's because of the astounding depth they have. When it comes to prospects, a high percentage of them will fail. The reason the Yankees, IMO, are at an advantage is because they have so many of the types of players who could develop into all-star types, and a really low amount of guys compared to past years who are just organizational filler. Playing the percentage game a few are bound to come through.

    I was following prospects in the days of Christian Garcia et al. too, I just wasn't posting on these boards. You can take any system and name the top three prospects and that really doesn't tell you much about the health of their system IMO. It's all about the depth. The depth at the time when these players were the major prospects in the Yankees system was horrific compared to now. This is why their failures were so disappointing, because there weren't other people to step in as exciting prospects once they failed. This system has already shown this year that it has those types of prospects (Rafael DePaula).

    Yasil Puig is not a guy who I would call a developmental success. He spent one year in the Dodgers system before being called up. He was a finished product before he was even signed. Yes, the Dodgers made a good signing, but to me that's no different than a free agent signing. You scouted a guy, liked his skills and signed him. The only difference between that and a free agent signing is that he didn't have the proven major league track record.

    Sure, you can sit here and name stars from around the league, and obviously they were developed by someone, but you act like these prospects grow on trees. That's simply not true. There's a considerable amount of luck involved and very, very few teams have developed 3 or more positive WAR hitting prospects over the past 10 years. If you can give me more than 5 teams who have done that I will be impressed.

    In addition to that, the Yankees aren't all that far off from what you deem to be a successful 10 year campaign of prospect development, which is developing 3 or more successful major league hitters. Robinson Cano and Brett Gardner are excellent major league hitters. One more guy and the Yankees will meet your criteria.
    Last edited by Phoba Rama; 07-11-2013 at 11:14 AM.


    Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Depths of My Own Insanity
    Posts
    3,315
    vCash
    1500
    Yankees sign 1st rounder Aaron Judge:

    Via George King: The Yankees have agreed to sign first round pick Aaron Judge to an over-slot $1.8M signing bonus. Slot money for the 32nd overall pick is just under $1.68M. This is the sixth largest bonus the Yankees have ever given a drafted player, behind only Andrew Brackman, Ian Kennedy, Slade Heathcott, Drew Henson, and Eric Jagielo. This is the pick the Yankees received as compensation for losing Nick Swisher to free agency.
    Judge, 21, is an outfielder out of Fresno State. He is listed at 6-foot-7 and 255 lbs., so he’s an imposing figure on the field. “Judge profiles as a .250 hitter and is going to strike out a lot, which comes with the territory for tall power hitters with long arms … he has light-tower power. Judge is a solid-average runner with an above-average arm and will be a solid defender in right field,” wrote Baseball America (subs. req’d) in their pre-draft scouting report.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2013/07/201...0660/#comments

    Here's the draft pool and signings so far:

    http://riveraveblues.com/resources/2013-draft-pool/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    22,769
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike89 View Post
    Yankees sign 1st rounder Aaron Judge:



    http://riveraveblues.com/2013/07/201...0660/#comments

    Here's the draft pool and signings so far:

    http://riveraveblues.com/resources/2013-draft-pool/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Meow
    Posts
    30,636
    vCash
    1500
    This was a great draft haul. Getting Dustin Fowler signed was also a really solid move. Guy has a very good toolset and Georgia is one of the better states in terms of churning out baseball talent.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,658
    vCash
    1500
    The Judge has been signed.

    Now work on that bat speed and extension.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

    I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    4,325
    vCash
    1500
    IMO just getting the first 4 guys we drafted signed and in the system makes this one of the better drafts in recent memory, plus as others have mentioned they have also gotten some really good later round talent signed as well. Now I just hope we get the CFer from the DR signed in August we he's eligable and that will make for an excellent talent haul for this yr for the Yanks.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Meow
    Posts
    30,636
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    The Judge has been signed.

    Now work on that bat speed and extension.
    I think his best bet would be to shorten his swing which would allow him to get his bat through the zone quicker. With that said due to his size, he will never be a great batting average hitter.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,367
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    " You are an established optimist. You know a lot about the current farm but before you got here everyone was talking about Christian Garcia, Jose Tabata, Drew Henson etc. This is the same **** over and over again.
    It is well known the yankees didn't flex their financial muscle for the past decade in international FA, the draft is at best, half of the value of the farm. But comparative winners to the yankees since 2000? There aren't many but I guarantee the usual suspects, Boston, LAA, LAD, Philly,STL, even Oakland have all developed significantly more quality and quantity hitters than we have since 2000, Hell Trout, Puig and Brown alone are better than everything we've developed in almost 20 years save Cano. Stop defending the system at all costs, it compromises your integrity.

    Last edited by CostanzaNumba0; Yesterday at 06:35 PM. "

    I may be slightly optimistic, however I acknowledge that prospects fail, which is actually more realistic than optimistic. Even with that in mind, the reason I think the Yankees have the prospects to support their team is not because they have guys like Mason Williams, Tyler Austin, and Slade Heathcott. It's because of the astounding depth they have. When it comes to prospects, a high percentage of them will fail. The reason the Yankees, IMO, are at an advantage is because they have so many of the types of players who could develop into all-star types, and a really low amount of guys compared to past years who are just organizational filler. Playing the percentage game a few are bound to come through.

    I was following prospects in the days of Christian Garcia et al. too, I just wasn't posting on these boards. You can take any system and name the top three prospects and that really doesn't tell you much about the health of their system IMO. It's all about the depth. The depth at the time when these players were the major prospects in the Yankees system was horrific compared to now. This is why their failures were so disappointing, because there weren't other people to step in as exciting prospects once they failed. This system has already shown this year that it has those types of prospects (Rafael DePaula).

    Yasil Puig is not a guy who I would call a developmental success. He spent one year in the Dodgers system before being called up. He was a finished product before he was even signed. Yes, the Dodgers made a good signing, but to me that's no different than a free agent signing. You scouted a guy, liked his skills and signed him. The only difference between that and a free agent signing is that he didn't have the proven major league track record.

    Sure, you can sit here and name stars from around the league, and obviously they were developed by someone, but you act like these prospects grow on trees. That's simply not true. There's a considerable amount of luck involved and very, very few teams have developed 3 or more positive WAR hitting prospects over the past 10 years. If you can give me more than 5 teams who have done that I will be impressed.

    In addition to that, the Yankees aren't all that far off from what you deem to be a successful 10 year campaign of prospect development, which is developing 3 or more successful major league hitters. Robinson Cano and Brett Gardner are excellent major league hitters. One more guy and the Yankees will meet your criteria.
    How you use words like "astounding depth" to describe a system that couldn't produce a 50 wRC+ player to fill in for youkilis for 2 months is beyond comprehension. Brett Gardner is an on the dot league average hitter, his career wRC+ is exactly 100, or league average. He is nowhere near an "excellent major league hitter" please stop with this hyperbolic nonsense. I know as well as anyone that prospects don;t grow on trees, Ive been following the milb for over a decade. The fact remains, the yankees do a HORRIBLE job developing hitters. With their access to latin america, overslot drafting up until a year ago etc, they have developed, 1, count it, 1 all star caliber hitter since 2000. And he was a mistake. That is an abomination. You can sugar coat it with "prospects don't grow on trees" all you want, the bottom line remains that this system is abysmal, and up until this season prospect development, despite drafting low leaned in their favor as a big market team who could offer big money to late round draft picks. When you look at the 14 seasons since 2000, and you see 1 all star caliber hitter developed by the franchise, all luck is removed-there is a deep organizational development problem with this franchise.
    Last edited by CostanzaNumba0; 07-11-2013 at 01:13 PM.
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    4,325
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    " You are an established optimist. You know a lot about the current farm but before you got here everyone was talking about Christian Garcia, Jose Tabata, Drew Henson etc. This is the same **** over and over again.
    It is well known the yankees didn't flex their financial muscle for the past decade in international FA, the draft is at best, half of the value of the farm. But comparative winners to the yankees since 2000? There aren't many but I guarantee the usual suspects, Boston, LAA, LAD, Philly,STL, even Oakland have all developed significantly more quality and quantity hitters than we have since 2000, Hell Trout, Puig and Brown alone are better than everything we've developed in almost 20 years save Cano. Stop defending the system at all costs, it compromises your integrity.

    Last edited by CostanzaNumba0; Yesterday at 06:35 PM. "

    I may be slightly optimistic, however I acknowledge that prospects fail, which is actually more realistic than optimistic. Even with that in mind, the reason I think the Yankees have the prospects to support their team is not because they have guys like Mason Williams, Tyler Austin, and Slade Heathcott. It's because of the astounding depth they have. When it comes to prospects, a high percentage of them will fail. The reason the Yankees, IMO, are at an advantage is because they have so many of the types of players who could develop into all-star types, and a really low amount of guys compared to past years who are just organizational filler. Playing the percentage game a few are bound to come through.

    I was following prospects in the days of Christian Garcia et al. too, I just wasn't posting on these boards. You can take any system and name the top three prospects and that really doesn't tell you much about the health of their system IMO. It's all about the depth. The depth at the time when these players were the major prospects in the Yankees system was horrific compared to now. This is why their failures were so disappointing, because there weren't other people to step in as exciting prospects once they failed. This system has already shown this year that it has those types of prospects (Rafael DePaula).

    Yasil Puig is not a guy who I would call a developmental success. He spent one year in the Dodgers system before being called up. He was a finished product before he was even signed. Yes, the Dodgers made a good signing, but to me that's no different than a free agent signing. You scouted a guy, liked his skills and signed him. The only difference between that and a free agent signing is that he didn't have the proven major league track record.

    Sure, you can sit here and name stars from around the league, and obviously they were developed by someone, but you act like these prospects grow on trees. That's simply not true. There's a considerable amount of luck involved and very, very few teams have developed 3 or more positive WAR hitting prospects over the past 10 years. If you can give me more than 5 teams who have done that I will be impressed.

    In addition to that, the Yankees aren't all that far off from what you deem to be a successful 10 year campaign of prospect development, which is developing 3 or more successful major league hitters. Robinson Cano and Brett Gardner are excellent major league hitters. One more guy and the Yankees will meet your criteria.
    I agree with u about the current state of the system, other than SS and to some extent 1st base we have multiple elite talent, high ceiling players at every position, plus were pretty stacked with very good pitching prospects. The elite talent is the great part, the bad part is that the vast majority of that talent is all below AA. Your a 100% correct the vast majority of prospects fail and its a numbers game, plain and simple the more talented players u have in the system the higher the likely hood of producing more MLB player. With all the talent the Yanks have i would be very surprised if they didn't turnout a fair amount of above average or better MLB players in the next 3-4 yrs.

    My problem with Puig isn't that the Yanks didn't sign him because at the time that contract the Dodgers gave him seemed outrageous and i don't think anyone would have come close to predicting he'd be in the MLB and so good is such a short time. My issue with how the Yanks handled that situation is that they sent 1 scout to watch him once and never even considered making an offer. I also hated the way the went after Darvish, sure i understand they were scared of Japanese pitchers because of Igawa and Dice-k's failures to live up to the hype but anyone that watched a youtube video of Darvish could clearly see he was a completely different kind of pitcher. To offer 19m like they did for his posting fee was more of an insult than a real offer.

    The last couple yrs their have been some elite talent IFA's that were older and to my recollection Soler was the only one they serious pursued. Even if it was just Darvish the team now and in the immediate future would look alot brighter.

    As far as the amount of hitters the Yanks have produced in the last 10 yrs, they have done a piss poor job. Gardner is a success for sure as is Cano i agree but its only due to dunb luck that we still even have Cano because i remember him being offered in at least 2 maybe 3 trade proposals and was passed over by the other teams. When anyone has to say that our best hitting prospects that we ve developed are 29 and 30 yrs old its pretty sad.

    As far as teams that have developed 3 or more hitters with a positive war in the last 10 yrs the list is bigger than u think, off the top of my head the Brewers, Rays, Nationals, Red Soxs, Rangers, Marlins, Reds, Cardinals, Indians and Rockies have all done it. Some of those guys maybe playing for other teams but they ve done it.

    The Yanks really haven't gotten much out of their farm system for along time especially when u factor in the spending advantage we had to get more talent in the system the last few yrs. Their developmental program just is not that good, it seems that we get a very solid group of guys in the the draft and from our IFA signings and they start of great and the more time and farther along in the system they get the more trouble they start having, Montero being one of the few exceptions. He only has sucked since he's been traded. I'm not quite sure who fault it is, u could probably make solid arguments for it being on Cashman, Oppenheimer and a handful of others. One thing i know for sure is if they are going to stick with this 189M budget and keep a playoff caliper team on the field their going to have to improve on their development program and quick.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,367
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I agree with u about the current state of the system, other than SS and to some extent 1st base we have multiple elite talent, high ceiling players at every position, plus were pretty stacked with very good pitching prospects. The elite talent is the great part, the bad part is that the vast majority of that talent is all below AA. Your a 100% correct the vast majority of prospects fail and its a numbers game, plain and simple the more talented players u have in the system the higher the likely hood of producing more MLB player. With all the talent the Yanks have i would be very surprised if they didn't turnout a fair amount of above average or better MLB players in the next 3-4 yrs.

    My problem with Puig isn't that the Yanks didn't sign him because at the time that contract the Dodgers gave him seemed outrageous and i don't think anyone would have come close to predicting he'd be in the MLB and so good is such a short time. My issue with how the Yanks handled that situation is that they sent 1 scout to watch him once and never even considered making an offer. I also hated the way the went after Darvish, sure i understand they were scared of Japanese pitchers because of Igawa and Dice-k's failures to live up to the hype but anyone that watched a youtube video of Darvish could clearly see he was a completely different kind of pitcher. To offer 19m like they did for his posting fee was more of an insult than a real offer.

    The last couple yrs their have been some elite talent IFA's that were older and to my recollection Soler was the only one they serious pursued. Even if it was just Darvish the team now and in the immediate future would look alot brighter.

    As far as the amount of hitters the Yanks have produced in the last 10 yrs, they have done a piss poor job. Gardner is a success for sure as is Cano i agree but its only due to dunb luck that we still even have Cano because i remember him being offered in at least 2 maybe 3 trade proposals and was passed over by the other teams. When anyone has to say that our best hitting prospects that we ve developed are 29 and 30 yrs old its pretty sad.

    As far as teams that have developed 3 or more hitters with a positive war in the last 10 yrs the list is bigger than u think, off the top of my head the Brewers, Rays, Nationals, Red Soxs, Rangers, Marlins, Reds, Cardinals, Indians and Rockies have all done it. Some of those guys maybe playing for other teams but they ve done it.

    The Yanks really haven't gotten much out of their farm system for along time especially when u factor in the spending advantage we had to get more talent in the system the last few yrs. Their developmental program just is not that good, it seems that we get a very solid group of guys in the the draft and from our IFA signings and they start of great and the more time and farther along in the system they get the more trouble they start having, Montero being one of the few exceptions. He only has sucked since he's been traded. I'm not quite sure who fault it is, u could probably make solid arguments for it being on Cashman, Oppenheimer and a handful of others. One thing i know for sure is if they are going to stick with this 189M budget and keep a playoff caliper team on the field their going to have to improve on their development program and quick.
    I agree with most of what you say here but its impossible to judge the depth of the system until some of these guys reach a higher level. Just because we have some intriguing 18 year old kids in rookie ball doesn't mean the system is deep. Also, the initial point I raised which he responded to goes back even further than 10 years, it goes back to 2000. Virtually every team in the mlb has produced more quality hitters than the yankees since then. Even the damn Mets. Its horrible, and he sugarcoats the hell out of it which is annoying.
    Last edited by CostanzaNumba0; 07-11-2013 at 02:01 PM.
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •