Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sooooo....

vCash

Sooooo....

The Mets are playing .640 baseball over their last 25 games, and all you guys can seem to talk about is how much you hate Sandy and the Wilpons, the fact that Terry Collins "should" be fired, and how much it sucks that Wagner was traded 4 ****ing years ago.

Are you people dead inside? This "unwatchable" team is playing some very exciting baseball over the past month. Maybe it will last, and maybe it won't, but this is what you guys have been saying you want to see. Now that you are getting it, you're NOT GETTING IT.

I say **** you negative nancies, I've decided to go see the Mets sweep in Pittsburgh this weekend. WHO'S ****ING WITH ME, YOU ****ING PISSBAGS?????!!!!!!!?!!!!?!????!?!??!??

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    The should of drafted Mike Trout!!!!

vCash
    Guess what day it is!!!!

vCash

vCash
    Only need to go 35-39 to get to my max projection of 75 wins.

I knew they weren't 60 win bad like some people were mentioning.

They've been playing good baseball. The perceived bullpen weakness is ********, they've been getting great SP, and guys like Q, Byrd, Satin, EYJR etc have been playing well.

Now if they just fix this lineup for next year
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-10-2013 at 10:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Guess what day it is!!!!
    Hump day?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Only need to go 35-39 to get to my max projection of 75 wins.

I knew they weren't 60 win bad like some people were mentioning.

They've been playing good baseball. The perceived bullpen weakness is ********, they've been getting great SP, and guys like Q, Byrd, Satin, EYJR etc have been playing well.

Now if they just fix this lineup for next year
    Those guys right there, instead of Tejada, Cowgill, Murphy, Duda and pre-Vegas Ike have been the difference in this team. And I'm grateful for the life they have brought to this previously lifeless season.

Problem is, how many of those guys are realistically in the plan for 2014 or beyond? Maybe EYJ. Possibly Byrd? Satin off the bench?

Even if they continue this level of play through the end of the season, there's still quite a bit of work that needs to be done on the roster to fill holes in the lineup going forward.

That said, it's enjoyable to watch and I appreciate the way this team is playing right now.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    The team is not good enough to make the playoff even with a good run, they might work themselves out to once again end with the 11th-15th worst record.

vCash
    Even crappy teams have good streaks during the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    Even crappy teams have good streaks during the season
    Yes this team is probably still crappy but since being 24-39 in their first 63 games, they are 16-9 since.

The bullpen has been top 10 in ERA over the last 350 innings, the SP doesn't look like it's going anywhere, and their offense has been serviceable enough to play barely below .500 ball probably the rest of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    One of my favorite movie scenes of all time.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I'm impressed. Satin, Lagares, EY Jr and Byrd have completely transformed this offense over the past few weeks. It's not just the David Wright show. I really hope TDA plays this season.

vCash
    A lot of people don't care about winning this season, and that is understandable. Many fans would prefer a bottom-10 finish so we have a protected first round pick in June. And unfortunately, there are plenty of fans who prefer whining about the front office and management, so the Mets need to lose more for them to do that. I'm not one of these people, but that's the reason this forum isn't exactly going wild over this.

That being said, I love watching the Mets win and I am thrilled with how they have been playing over the last month. I think part of developing a winning team for the future is having our young players actually win some games. Sure, it'd be nice to not lose a first round pick if/when we sign a legitimate player, but I'll worry about that once the situation arises.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash
    Thread of the year. Thanks Magoo

Setting a semi-winning culture is much more important than being bottom feeders and collecting a pick 5-10 spots better.

Its refreshing to see some good baseball being played. I just really wanna see more of the young guys called up, mainly TDA (when healthy), Flores and Montero.
    Last edited by KingsOfQueens; 07-10-2013 at 11:44 PM.

vCash
    If our lineup was worth a damn we would be a pretty good team.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast