Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Optimism for LA

vCash

Optimism for LA

Nash gave Dantoni his vote of confidence on Twitter... says Dantoni is "a very bright coach." Maybe in two years we see Nash spend one year as Dantoni's assistant and then become next legendary Laker head coach? Or if Dantoni gets fired 3 games in and Phil comes back, maybe Nash becomes the "true" protege of Phil Jackson.

Also, assuming Kobe comes back healthy by February, you are looking at Nash and Pau PLUS Kobe with Jordan Hill and Meeks, Jordan Farmar playing backup and even that new rookie seems like he could play. If this team comes together and plays with synergy they could be very good.

And let's not forget, Metta covered some spots on defense but he was constantly jacking up bad shots or so it seemed. Amnestying Metta might be addition by subtraction: offense becomes more disciplined and efficient, 5-10 less bad possessions a game, higher overall pct from 3. And without Dwight fumbling the ball away and turning it over in the post like Kwame all the time, that is even more continuity and efficiency for the offense.

All Dantoni has to do is slow it down some and make sure the team is playing defense, and this could all work out. We can all forget about last season and next season could be really fun for the Lakers. I still don't forgive Dantoni for Kobe's injury but if Kobe comes back and is just as good then I think that all wounds can heal and the city can unite once again.

vCash
    Dont forget odom

vCash
    I agree we still need to sure up the wings need a sf and I still want to go out and pick up Sasha and odom hopefully we can pick up one of the two and we are looking at a fun season if Kobe does come back healthy and ready by the all star break

vCash
    We aren't gonna be as mad as people think really! We'll be a top 5 team in the West next year. & I think we'll finish higher than Rockets!

vCash
    Kobe back on february???

I think it's not the same Kobe who we're talking about, he already said that november or december at worst is his goal, and you know what happens when Kobe says anything public about a goal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtirado16 View Post
    We aren't gonna be as mad as people think really! We'll be a top 5 team in the West next year. & I think we'll finish higher than Rockets!
    A little too optimistic considering Kobe could miss at least 10-20 games and how tough is the west.

But definitely playoffs bound if you ask me.

vCash
    Kobe will be back by November. We need some wings badly on this squad. We literally have none if MWP gets amnestied

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Kobe will be back by November. We need some wings badly on this squad. We literally have none if MWP gets amnestied
    Even if he's terrible on offense at times, with those guys back (farmar,lamar) I would definitely keep Ron, talking about heart, you know he'll give his all with our old crew back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoneydavison25 View Post
    Dont forget odom
    Yes, I am willing to embrace Odom making a Laker return. Odom is a totally welcome addition and could
    really help the team rally together.

Nash to Odom to Pau could be pretty wicked no doubt.

vCash
    One thing I noticed that Dantoni does well is get athletic young players (like Lin, Barbosa, etc) that can plug and play within his system.

Hopefully we can pick up some undrafted athlete type guys, or maybe there are some serviceable euros lurking around, or maybe Goudelock comes back one more time and becomes our Danny Green or whatever like the Spurs had this year.

It can all happen. Last year we were running bad for whatever multiple reasons, but this year some things might start going our way, we just don't know. It cheers me up that Nash is standing behind Dantoni though, makes me think it wasn't a wasted year after all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    A little too optimistic considering Kobe could miss at least 10-20 games and how tough is the west.

But definitely playoffs bound if you ask me.
    If we can finish the deal with odom and get young, and maybe another 2 role players we'll definitely be in the thick of things in the west. That's if Kobe is back early. I'm honestly expecting kobe back by training camp, but you never know with these injuries.

vCash
    Yeah. One guy I'd keep an eye on is Wesley Johnson. Other options on the wing... Rip Hamilton, Tmac,Xavier Henry, Hedo and Alan Anderson

vCash
    Yeah. One guy I'd keep an eye on is Wesley Johnson. Other options on the wing... Rip Hamilton, Tmac,Xavier Henry, Hedo and Alan Anderson
    Has hedo been bought out yet?

vCash
    And what about Shannon? Where's he at right now? Phoenix still?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    If we can finish the deal with odom and get young, and maybe another 2 role players we'll definitely be in the thick of things in the west. That's if Kobe is back early. I'm honestly expecting kobe back by training camp, but you never know with these injuries.
    Kobe probably shots at training camp knowing him, but the reality of the injury might keep him sidelined until nov-dec, anyways it would be still far ahead of schedule for that type of injury.

wes johnson, anderson and henry could be valuables, but tmac is done imo and I heard turkoglu might not get bought out before january for financial reasons.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast