Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cool Lakers will ink*Kobe Bryant*to a new, discounted deal like *Tim Duncan*did!

Especially without*Dwight Howard*sticking around, the Lakers are loaded with cap space next summer right now only*Steve Nash*is on the books for the summer of 2014 (and they could waive him and use the stretch provision to provide more cap space). The Lakers will ink*Kobe Bryant*to a new, discounted deal (ala*Tim Duncan*and*Kevin Garnett) to get his massive cap hold off the books, then they will have wheelbarrows of money to spend.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...king-about-it/

come on guys if Kobe Bryant really wants to get more rings he's going to do it this year! he's not even on contract for next year so why would they be talking about that!!?? I'm sure Kobe will sacrifice money from his contract this years to get rings! I bet kobe and the Lakers management have something Brewing!
    Last edited by timebandit; 07-09-2013 at 10:55 PM.
    __
    Like taking candy from a baby!!!

vCash
    Vanessa Bryant has something to say about that ....

If he doesn't and Kobe demands the Max deal - what happens then? Heck why couldn't he have restructured his deal NOW save Metta this year? Tweeting is one thing, putting your money down and proving it is a different issue ..

vCash
    To get two max players he would need to cut it down to 10mil a year.

vCash
    This is nothing but media speculation. Doesn't mean it will happen. It's absurd to assume such things.

Kobe will have to take a paycut if he wants to remain on this team. 30m/year time is over and if he wants big money then I say go take a hike. I'm a Laker fan first and a Kobe fan 2nd. I think he will take a paycut, but that remains to be seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I dropped my phone in the toilet last night which ruined my week. If that makes you feel better.
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd420 View Post

If he doesn't and Kobe demands the Max deal - what happens then? Heck why couldn't he have restructured his deal NOW save Metta this year? Tweeting is one thing, putting your money down and proving it is a different issue ..
    I'm pretty sure he can't restructure his current deal even if he wanted to.
    I dropped my phone in the toilet last night which ruined my week. If that makes you feel better.
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

vCash

Kobe has no leverage to keep asking for $30 mil a year. No one else can or would be willing to pay him that. They will eventually come to an agreement because I can't see him leaving the Lakers. Hopefully he's willing to take around $10 mil/year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedprple&gold View Post
    Kobe has no leverage to keep asking for $30 mil a year. No one else can or would be willing to pay him that. They will eventually come to an agreement because I can't see him leaving the Lakers. Hopefully he's willing to take around $10 mil/year.
    He'd better. We need to be firm with him. We need to resign him to something fair and focus on the future.
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    He'd better. We need to be firm with him. We need to resign him to something fair and focus on the future.
    Kobe's not an idiot. He doesnt want to keep playing 2-3 more years because he feels like hes leaving money on the table. He wants to keep playing because he feels like hes leaving rings on the table. Kobe understands under this new CBA that unless he takes $10m or less, its highly unlikely the Lakers will be able to obtain and maintain a championship roster for the next 2-3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timebandit View Post
    Especially without*Dwight Howard*sticking around, the Lakers are loaded with cap space next summer — right now only*Steve Nash*is on the books for the summer of 2014 (and they could waive him and use the stretch provision to provide more cap space). The Lakers will ink*Kobe Bryant*to a new, discounted deal (ala*Tim Duncan*and*Kevin Garnett) to get his massive cap hold off the books, then they will have wheelbarrows of money to spend.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...king-about-it/
    So...what's with the asterisks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimos21 View Post
    Kobe's not an idiot. He doesnt want to keep playing 2-3 more years because he feels like hes leaving money on the table. He wants to keep playing because he feels like hes leaving rings on the table. Kobe understands under this new CBA that unless he takes $10m or less, its highly unlikely the Lakers will be able to obtain and maintain a championship roster for the next 2-3 years.
    Yeah, that's how I'm hoping he feels.
    I would cry manly tears of joy if he took it to an extreme and signed for the vet min lol
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

vCash
    Kobe will lose his support from Laker fans very quick if he doesn't get HIS salary copacetic with HIS expectations and the realities of affording quality supporting players to make any legitimate run for another title.

I believe it will happen though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Yeah, that's how I'm hoping he feels.
    I would cry manly tears of joy if he took it to an extreme and signed for the vet min lol
    Actually, if Kobe signed for the vet min. it would probably give a huge boost to his reputation, esp for non Lakers fans who think Kobe is selfish. At this point in his career, the only thing that could boost his reputation more is another ring.

Imagine Kobe playing for the vet min and then winning a ring. Even the Kobe haters would have to give him some props.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mOrphosis View Post
    Kobe will lose his support from Laker fans very quick if he doesn't get HIS salary copacetic with HIS expectations and the realities of affording quality supporting players to make any legitimate run for another title.

I believe it will happen though.
    Yeah... Kobes remarks about MWP being amnestied were somewhat ironic. I wanted to tweet him, "If you were making $22m, like most max players, we wouldnt need to amnesty MWP." But I would never do that because I am way too big of a Kobe fan hahah..

vCash

Not Allowed

This was suggested a few months ago. Under the new CBA, you cannot restructure your contract in that way.

vCash
    Damn Vanessa Bryant, What you better hope for is that Rob Pelinka, his agent thinks that way. Any any agent worth that $1000 Italian suit they are wearing won't. Kobe Bryant will not be playing for less than $15 millon dollars, And you can book that!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast