Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Ozzie's Parting Gift

Before Ozzie Guillen was rightfully ousted and run out of town, he forced two trades on the big league roster.

The first was Javier Vazquez to the Braves for Tyler Flowers, Jon Gilmore, Brent Lillibridge, and Santos Rodriguez. Vazquez was good for 6 Wins Above Replacement in the year after he was traded to the Braves. To date, the other four players have combined for 1.6 WAR for the White Sox, will almost all of that coming from Tyler Flowers.

The second was Nick Swisher to the Yankees for Jeffrey Marquez, Jhonny Nunez, and Wilson Betemit. Swisher was under contract for four more seasons when he was dealt (at an absurdly affordable price) and in his first season with the Yankees, he was worth more WAR than the rest of the players in that trade have combined with the White Sox.

So for those of you who like Ozzie, remember, he is one of the biggest culprits in turning this organization into the cesspool that it has become now. If the Sox could have held on to those players and realized it's never a good idea to trade good players for turds, maybe we wouldn't be entering a five year plan to make it back to 81 wins. The Sox had more than 200 home runs and a ridiculous pitching staff in 2005. All of the stealing and hitting and running actually cost the white sox more runs than it added. They won in 2005 because of some fortuitous breaks and some crazy good pitching. Not because they bunted and utilized "small ball."

Ozzie continues to ruin this organization to this day, and I hate him. /rant

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

vCash
    You still will never convince me about Vazquez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    Kind of like beating a dead horse but, Ozzie was a real ****
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash

Ozzie's Parting Gift

The Swisher deal sucked, but the Vazquez deal was good at the time. Flowers was a very good prospect and the other three weren't bad specs at the time.

vCash
    Flowers' minor league numbers make me sad.

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

vCash
    And he got caught using PED's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BearsBullsCHWS View Post
    Flowers' minor league numbers make me sad.
    .390 OBP in AAA at times

vCash
    Kind of like ripping a scab off a wound bringing up the Swisher trade. The fact that we gave up Gio to acquire Swisher makes it that much worse! In an ideal world we would have kept Gio and probably ended up making the playoffs at least once. Honestly those two deal really set us back a few years.

vCash
    It would be nice having Sale, Gio, Peavy, Danks and someone else to fill it out.

vCash
    sale and gio #1 #2

vCash
    If we had Gio there is probably a chance we don't get sale.

vCash
    Ozzie's greatest gift was that he left. The fact that he was out of woek that soon says something. Too bad KW couldn't figure it out sooner, at least he's gone.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting