Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

How many games does this team win this season and how well does it do?

If the Celtics "try' this season i believe they can be a .500 teams. however I do not think they will play guys like Humphries and Wallace as much as guys like Sullinger and Olynck so i blieve they will win about 35 games. If we hold out Rondo early in the seaon and/or trade him etc...then it could get worse, but a .500 record with the current roster is possible IMO.

I believe this team can actually make the playoffs and possibly be better than last season's record.

Rondo
    Bradley/Lee/Marshon Brooks
    Green/Wallace
    Wallace/Sullinger
    Bass/Humphries/Olynck

Dont get me wrong...I think tank mode is the way to go for at least 1 year.
    El Presidente

vCash
    I think Sully is better suited at C then Bass if that's what you had in mind. I think Olynck will play more minutes at the #4 than the #5.

Assuming no help is coming, and Rondo will miss some portion of the season (> 20 games), than this is a 33 win team +/- 4 IMO.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I think Sully is better suited at C then Bass if that's what you had in mind. I think Olynck will play more minutes at the #4 than the #5.

Assuming no help is coming, and Rondo will miss some portion of the season (> 20 games), than this is a 33 win team +/- 4 IMO.
    Agreed.

And I think if Rondo is held out until December that is a sign of "tankmode" that will mean the team is even more likely to be under the 30 win total.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Hold Rondo out till Dec. or trade him at the deadline either way only have him for about a half season, and pray for somewhere in the 20 win range! Don't think we will move him before the season starts, unless Detroit or Dallas come hard with a deal. I think if we can get a bunch of 1st rnd pks and at least 2 of them potential lottery pks, this thing can get turned around pretty quick. Even if we don't land Wiggins, there is a bunch of potential upper tier talent in this draft.

vCash
    If the celtics "try" I think they could win 45, with the east being pretty weak ... And end up in the 7th seed which I don't think many want ... So hopefully they don't try ha

vCash
    First off, hopefully they hold Rondo out until December and we hear lots of trade rumors about him. If that's the case, I'd say we're a 30 win team.

vCash
    If DA has a "hunch" that Rondo will be back to start the season I think this team will be pretty close to .500... Miami-Indiana-Chicago-Brooklyn-NY-6-7-8... Lots of room to squeeze into the playoffs... Stevens will work his tail off for a playoff spot... It won't be that easy for Wiggins let alone a lottery pick...

Definitely rooting for Pressey, Johnson-Odom and Iverson to make the roster...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    I expect Brooks to have a bigger impact than people think. Could potentially become a solid scorer. Also, I think this team will change a decent amount on the 12th when we can make some trades.
    That being said, right now I say we are a .500 record (7th or 8th seed). IMO they could be a lot worse depending when Rondo comes back. If Olnynk turns into the rookie of the year (as he looks it in summer league) maybe better.
    I'm hoping we get a bonified scorer though. Green can't hold us up offensively. Either Marshon Brooks turns into something or Wallace gets back somewhat what he was, or we need another scorer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celt17 View Post
    Also, I think this team will change a decent amount on the 12th when we can make some trades.
    Without a doubt.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Who do you guys think is gone? I bet Humpries (decent player, expiring contract). Even though I wouldn't mind keeping him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celt17 View Post
    Who do you guys think is gone? I bet Humpries (decent player, expiring contract). Even though I wouldn't mind keeping him.
    I think Humphries plays out the year and we just let his expiring contract come off the books.
    El Presidente

vCash
    If this thread stays open until the first game, a lot of names and predictions will change.

vCash
    I think we should be talking about who's going to make the team first.

No way they have a better record than last season tho.

vCash
    If you realy wanna tank and have money off the books this is what you do;

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b3kgp62
    you throw in wallace to LA and Meeks and Blake to BOS to make $ work

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mout5ld

Dont even play Pau just let him sit on the bench while sully oly and drum get more experiance 10-15 win team.

at the end of the season the only players you have under contract is Sully Olynyk and Drumm witch is less than 10mil a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingGreen9 View Post
    If you realy wanna tank and have money off the books this is what you do;

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b3kgp62
    you throw in wallace to LA and Meeks and Blake to BOS to make $ work

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mout5ld

Dont even play Pau just let him sit on the bench while sully oly and drum get more experiance 10-15 win team.

at the end of the season the only players you have under contract is Sully Olynyk and Drumm witch is less than 10mil a year.
    Pretty rad. I just don't see Drummond being a guy they trade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast