Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

IGT: Summer League Games (7/12 - 7/22)

NOTABLE PLAYERS:

Tim Hardaway Jr.

C.J. Leslie

Iman Shumpert

SCHEDULE:

Friday, July 12....................... vs. New Orleans................ 4:00 p.m................. WATCH ON MSG

Sunday, July 14..................... vs. Washington................. 4:00 p.m................. WATCH ON MSG

Monday, July 15..................... vs. Charlotte..................... 4:00 p.m................. WATCH ON MSG

July 17-22............................. Tournament Play....................... TBD

FULL ROSTER:

GAME INFO:

7/12 vs. Pelicans
    7/14 vs. Wizards
    7/15 vs. Bobcats

vCash
    pretty excited to watch summer league. I hope to see some promise from the rookies

vCash
    ^ lets hope we something great lol

vCash
    Iman is gonna destroy this league. Haha

vCash
    Iman is there to work on his ball handling, decision making skills and mid-range game. If he can get those down it would make him a better all around player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Iman is there to work on his ball handling, decision making skills and mid-range game. If he can get those down it would make him a better all around player.
    Honestly though, he can work on this stuff in the gym. The level of competition is so far below him it's not even funny. I understand he's coming back from an ACL injury but honestly I'd rather see guys like Timmy and Leslie get more touches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    Honestly though, he can work on this stuff in the gym. The level of competition is so far below him it's not even funny. I understand he's coming back from an ACL injury but honestly I'd rather see guys like Timmy and Leslie get more touches.
    Yeah I agree, but even Reggie Jackson is in Summer League working on his game also. I guess he feels putting himself in game situation will greatly help, remember he has never played in summer league, they will have Shumpert run the PG spot for a reason, to give Woodson the option of playing him at PG at time's or the fact that he would be allowed to facilitate for others at the 2 spot.

It makes a lot of sense though, Woodson is hooked on the 2 PG thing at all time to keep TO very low. Shumpert's flaws have been the same since college and working on decision making skills can only be learned in game type situations. It doesnt hurt that they added a summer league award to the winners also to keep everyone playing hard.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

vCash
    I think the goal is to get Shump more comfortable running a team as PG - its tough to simulate that in practice like you can in live game action.

I can't wait for these games.

Plumlee brothers have been beasting, they look like men amongst boys dunking on dudes like Shawn Kemp.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think the goal is to get Shump more comfortable running a team as PG - its tough to simulate that in practice like you can in live game action.

I can't wait for these games.

Plumlee brothers have been beasting, they look like men amongst boys dunking on dudes like Shawn Kemp.
    Don't forget Olynkk...he been horsing people around. R.Jackson has 35 and Jeremy Lamb dropped 31 today also. Drummond and T.Mitchell from Detroit been doing there thing also. It seem even 2 year player's are getting there work in also now.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Don't forget Olynkk...he been horsing people around. R.Jackson has 35 and Jeremy Lamb dropped 31 today also. Drummond and T.Mitchell from Detroit been doing there thing also. It seem even 2 year player's are getting there work in also now.
    Good call with the long haired dude. Boston fans are gonna fall in love with that guy, they love goofy white boys there.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Good call with the long haired dude. Boston fans are gonna fall in love with that guy, they love goofy white boys there.
    That boy can play, he was a PG when a growth spurt happened in his jr year of HS. He still has a good enough handle to get to the paint and shows some outstanding footwork.

What makes him a great pick is that the kid redshirted himself freshman year to get bigger and stronger and work on his game. Now that's a kid who knows his limitations and know's what his weakness is.

But damn Mason Plumlee, I wish he would have dropped to us also, he is the type of backup center we need. He is dunk central with him. He hammers them ***** down with some umfff...
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

vCash
    I hope to see some promise from the rookies

vCash
    I can't wait for Friday I want see what AJ Mathews does.

vCash
    Looking forward to this

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast