Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Jairus Byrd - Sign and Trade

I'm actually surprised this thread hasn't been created already but I think it brings up some interesting conversation.

What would you give up for compensation? Factoring in that compensation would you be willing to pay him a $40 Million contract given that we have several key players we may need to lock down after next season?

I think it would all depend on how they could structure the contract and the likeliness of this even happening due to the contract situations we have coming up is highly unlikely but he's a 26 year old proven S who could really help push our defense over the top and help Burnett in his break out Campaign.

Any thoughts?

~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

vCash
    NBA forum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    NBA forum.
    I'm sorry what? I said Jairus Byrd the S out of Buffalo ... Not Larry Byrd ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGB View Post
    I'm sorry what? I said Jairus Byrd the S out of Buffalo ... Not Larry Byrd ..
    Sign and Trade happens in the NBA. Not the NFL.

I like Byrd but he's going to what top level S money. Is he worth it? Maybe. But we'd also have to give something up. We chose not to draft a S in the draft. Seems we aren't that concerned.

I'd almost rather give up a lower pick on the franchise tag and let him see if he's worth the deal if you feel like he's interested in coming here.

Plus he's holding out...isn't he? So he's probably a douche.

vCash
    no i don't see us making any moves.

vCash
    Sign and Trade happens in the NBA. Not the NFL.

I like Byrd but he's going to what top level S money. Is he worth it? Maybe. But we'd also have to give something up. We chose not to draft a S in the draft. Seems we aren't that concerned.

I'd almost rather give up a lower pick on the franchise tag and let him see if he's worth the deal if you feel like he's interested in coming here.

Plus he's holding out...isn't he? So he's probably a douche.
    ESPN's John Clayton reports franchise player Jairus Byrd "isn't overly optimistic" about reaching a long-term deal with the Bills and "might hold out."
    Byrd still hasn't signed his one-year, $6.916 million franchise tender, so he doesn't even have a contract for 2013. He skipped the entire offseason program. If Byrd holds out of training camp, he could be well behind the learning curve in new coordinator Mike Pettine's defense. The Bills' own website recently ran an item Byrd could be a candidate for a pre-season "sign and trade."

He hasn't signed his Franchise Tender yet and is holding out. The point wasn't the Sign and Trade it was more player / fit and compensation

vCash
    ESPN's John Clayton reports franchise player Jairus Byrd "isn't overly optimistic" about reaching a long-term deal with the Bills and "might hold out."
    Byrd still hasn't signed his one-year, $6.916 million franchise tender, so he doesn't even have a contract for 2013. He skipped the entire offseason program. If Byrd holds out of training camp, he could be well behind the learning curve in new coordinator Mike Pettine's defense. The Bills' own website recently ran an item Byrd could be a candidate for a pre-season "sign and trade."

He hasn't signed his Franchise Tender yet and is holding out. The point wasn't the Sign and Trade it was more player / fit and compensation
    This almost never happens in the NFL. It's a fact. I don't care what Rotoworld says, it's not the word of God.

I read somewhere else this Bills' website running this "item" doesn't exist either.

These just don't happen. Especially for a safety. I'll continue to believe that until there's far more smoke. At this point it's about as credible as Incarcerated Bob breaking it as news.

I also brought up the point about how we didn't draft a safety which you ignored to shove me a Rotoworld blurb that talks about this Bills' article that I'm not sure exists. Credible......

Which I had already seen in the first place and didn't prove S&Ts happen in the NFL, which is what I said...
    Last edited by Norm; 07-08-2013 at 08:20 PM.

vCash
    Fit? Would be good. He could be that center fielder type guy to pair with Burnett.

I'm guessing the price is a second rounder or so. Maybe more if a deal longer than the tag exists.

It's not our MO and I doubt they're letting this guy go anywhere.

vCash
    This almost never happens in the NFL. It's a fact. I don't care what Rotoworld says, it's not the word of God.

I read somewhere else this Bills' website running this "item" doesn't exist either.

These just don't happen. Especially for a safety. I'll continue to believe that until there's far more smoke. At this point it's about as credible as Incarcerated Bob breaking it as news.

I also brought up the point about how we didn't draft a safety which you ignored to shove me a Rotoworld blurb that talks about this Bills' article that I'm not sure exists. Credible......

Which I had already seen in the first place and didn't prove S&Ts happen in the NFL, which is what I said...
    I also bolded the only part of the rotoworld article I felt relevant to responding with? I.e. sign and trade. I didn't write the sign and trade I worded it via rotoworlds wording. Which was the point I was getting at. Which apparently went over your head as well lol

vCash
    I also bolded the only part of the rotoworld article I felt relevant to responding with? I.e. sign and trade. I didn't write the sign and trade I worded it via rotoworlds wording. Which was the point I was getting at. Which apparently went over your head as well lol
    Is it still going over your head that a Bills fan said this supposed article on their website doesn't exist?

vCash
    Is it still going over your head that a Bills fan said this supposed article on their website doesn't exist?
    Not at all. Is it still going over your head that this isn't the point I'm arguing? That was irrelevant as I was unaware of that prior to making this post. The discussion was regarding your NBA Forum post not the Bills fans statement.

vCash
    Not at all. Is it still going over your head that this isn't the point I'm arguing? That was irrelevant as I was unaware of that prior to making this post. The discussion was regarding your NBA Forum post not the Bills fans statement.
    It's definitely going over my head because none of it makes any sense to me.

This doesn't happen in the NFL, almost ever. End of story.

If this becomes a more legit rumor, I'd care.

vCash
    Yeah this is a non convo to me. It isn't going to happen nor probably should it happen. I mean he is a very good player but will take up a big chunk of salary that could go to one of the many FA's GB will have over the next two years. It would be hard arguing Byrd over a bunch of these players. I also think what GB has done this offseason speaks volumes to what they feel about their depth at the Safety position.

vCash
    Its conversation, pull the sticks out of your *****, christ...

I wouldnt take him because of the $$$ he seems to want to be paid max money, and we seem to be semi strapped for cash, so i would have to pass. It goes without saying that i would LOVE if we could work him into the mix.
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Ok guys play nice.

I agree that a sign and trade is almost a rarity but a trade and sign is not. if he signs his tender and the packers trade for him with a contract deal on the table ready for him than it is more of a possibility. but, I doubt it happens. not saying never but saying very doubtful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast