Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Matt Garza 2 Stay or not 2 Stay

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jo...garza-longterm Jon Heyman- is reporting that the Cubs are talking to Garza about an extension...is this a ploy to drive up value or not. STAY TUNED!
    Last edited by ABE32; 07-08-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Doesn't make much sense to trade Hairston for an (albeit good) 21 year old prospect in A+ and then keep Garza. At least at this stage.

Sounds more like media ploy to dive up the Garza price ("Well if you don't pay up we'll just resign him! See we're in long-term negotiations!") than it does anything else, to me.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    why doesn't it make much sense? Because we traded an extra OFer for a high A ball pitcher???

I just don't see how those are connected

An extension would be good for the Cubs... I would even say its probably the surer bet for success for this club long term

vCash
    ya i love garza. id rather have him the next 4 years than jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Doesn't make much sense to trade Hairston for an (albeit good) 21 year old prospect in A+ and then keep Garza. At least at this stage.

Sounds more like media ploy to dive up the Garza price ("Well if you don't pay up we'll just resign him! See we're in long-term negotiations!") than it does anything else, to me.
    Agreed unless they think they have something in the works that makes them think we can compete next year? Could we be thinking of making some crazy blockbuster deal that makes Nomar Garciaparra trade look like childs play?? Who knows but this **** is starting to get interesting it's like a soap opera.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    They are just driving up his value with Nolasco off the market, teams are going to covet Garza by the way Garza is much better than Nolasco so they should be able to get 2 or 3 prospects in return but if they didn't trade him and decided to keep him I wouldn't mind.

vCash
    Did Hariston get traded I just got on and haven't heard of him getting traded, if he did what was the prospect we got in return.

vCash
    Only way it makes sense is if you get a team-friendly deal, which isn't happening. Otherwise, trade him, get your prospect value, and then try to re-sign him in the offseason. He seems to like Chicago. I just don't think it makes a ton of sense either. Unless he's signing for the John Danks deal, 5/65 or 5/70, I still think they'll trade him.

vCash
    An extension is preferable to me. Sometimes the prospect obsession in the PSD Cubs Forum is tiring.

vCash
    Please trade Garza! I've never been a big fan of him and with his injury history I'd rather stay away.

I will be utterly disappointed if we keep him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93:26630972
    An extension is preferable to me. Sometimes the prospect obsession in the PSD Cubs Forum is tiring.
    Trading Garza is less about prospects and more about his injury history, age, and what he'll cost to extend. If were talking Edwin Jackson money I'm down with an extension. More than that and I would be worried.

vCash
    I will not be disappointed either way. Depending on the price of the extension of course

An extension to me means we're gonna go for it next season so that'd be cool
    Last edited by CubbieSteve; 07-08-2013 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    How much of an arm injury history does he really have? Before last year, he made 30+ starts in each of the past 4 seasons. And this year it was an oblique injury. I think some people are blowing this injury history way out of proportion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mychisports View Post
    Only way it makes sense is if you get a team-friendly deal, which isn't happening. Otherwise, trade him, get your prospect value, and then try to re-sign him in the offseason. He seems to like Chicago. I just don't think it makes a ton of sense either. Unless he's signing for the John Danks deal, 5/65 or 5/70, I still think they'll trade him.
    I get what you are saying and agree BUT in my head I still go back to BUT WHO ARE WE GOING TO GET THAT IS BETTER?!?!?! For just MONEY..... we got money... so are we better off keeping Garza even is we have to "overpay" to get him and keep the prospects we got or getting a couple arms that MIGHT pan out and that MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be better than Garza THEN have to make a trade for a front end starter losing prospects there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    I will not be disappointed either way. Depending on the price of the extension of course

An extension to me means we're gonna go for it next season so that'd be cool
    Go for what? A 3rd place finish in the NL Central?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast