Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rumor-Monta Ellis.

According to this report. Weds Milwaukee will renounce the rights to Monta Ellis so they can sign O.J. Mayo. The Kings are trying to work a deal with Cleveland to trade them Chuck Hayes and Jimmer Fredette. What the Kings would get back is unknown but it would have to be low salary. The Kings would then sign Monta Ellis.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...chasing-guards

vCash
    Just no.

vCash
    just one question why are you against getting Monta Ellis are you saying that you rather have Jimmer than Ellis and remember there's a GS connection there.

vCash
    too many guards

vCash
    Only way I tolerate this is:

We dump Hayes and Fredette as mentioned above.

AND

We move Thornton.

Otherwise no way do I want any part of Ellis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverkings View Post
    just one question why are you against getting Monta Ellis are you saying that you rather have Jimmer than Ellis and remember there's a GS connection there.
    No not at all. I know Monta is a better player than Jimmer. I'm cool with them unloading Jimmer and Hayes to create space but I just dont think Monta is a winning player. I know hes talented and a great scorer but we already have Monta-lite in Marcus Thornton. If Thornton is getting traded for a shooting-defender SF id have less of a problem with Monta

vCash
    yeah I agree..only way this makes sense is if Thornton is gone. Also, is Monta a SG or PG? If PG, still too many..

vCash
    He's a SG and if he's motivated or playing on a team with good chem he's actually one of the most competitive guys in the league but I agree there's just way too many tiny guard's. If we unloaded almost every guard we had and he's willing to try and be the 6th man of the year than it would be a really good move but your hoping everything aligns to make that happen though so nooooooo lol.

vCash
    Sources: Kings, Monta Ellis discussing deal
    July 8, 2013 10:35 am ET

After opting out of an $11 million contract for next season with the Milwaukee Bucks, Monta Ellis is discussing a free-agent deal with the Sacramento Kings, league sources told CBSSports.com.

With several avenues closed off as teams fill their needs for guards in free agency, Ellis could wind up with the Kings, who began doing their homework on him weeks ago. According to a person familiar with the situation, Kings owner Vivek Ranadive began inquiring about Ellis around the time his purchase of the Sacramento franchise was completed in late May.

Ranadive, a former minority partner in the Golden State Warriors, identified Ellis as a possible free-agent target as he was finalizing his group's purchase of the Kings. Ellis, 27, played the first 6 1-2 seasons of his career in Golden State. The Kings hired former Warriors assistant Michael Malone as head coach in late May and later installed former Warriors executive Pete D'Alessandro as general manager.

The cap-strapped Knicks inquired early in the free-agent negotiating period about what it would take to sign Ellis, but have since agreed to re-sign sixth man of the year J.R. Smith on a four-year, approximately $25 million deal. The Nuggets briefly pursued Ellis, but are currently discussing a three-team sign-and-trade arrangement that would net them Randy Foye and a trade exception to plug the space left by Andre Iguodala, who would be signed and traded to Golden State, league sources confirmed on Monday.

Atlanta had been another possibility for Ellis, but the Hawks reportedly are exploring a sign-and-trade deal that would yield them Ellis' backcourt mate in Milwaukee, restricted free agent Brandon Jennings. If that arrangement is completed, it would involve a swap of Jennings for Hawks point guard Jeff Teague, who also is restricted.

It's not clear what the market is for Ellis at this point, but a league source confirmed to CBSSports.com on Monday that the Kings are investigating their options for moving Chuck Hayes and Jimmer Fredette to accommodate Ellis' desire for a contract starting at $12 million per year. It may be Ellis' last chance to recoup the money he opted out of in Milwaukee.

vCash
    Pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    I really hope we don't over pay just because its Ranadive's favorite player if the market for him is bad and the only teams that could pay him are bad teams than this is when PDA earns his money and Ranadive lets him do what PDA is supposed to be known to do which is knowing how to negotiate with players and agents and being the master of the new CBA.

vCash
    I might have added him on 12 mil over 3 years with that 3rd year being an option year or the same contract we gave brooks last year. so he can try again next year with free agency and with that being said that would be the right motivation for him to go beast mode this season. PDA needs to do just give him enough to make him fools gold for the rest of the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nico916 View Post
    I might have added him on 12 mil over 3 years with that 3rd year being an option year or the same contract we gave brooks last year. so he can try again next year with free agency and with that being said that would be the right motivation for him to go beast mode this season. PDA needs to do just give him enough to make him fools gold for the rest of the league.
    probably will get paid more.....why is it we have to trade for washed up ex warriors...

vCash
    95% sure he will too but he should get paid 12 mil over some years not 12 per year. he can be just like salmons unfortunately and I hope Ranadive will see that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by imbetterthanyou View Post
    No not at all. I know Monta is a better player than Jimmer. I'm cool with them unloading Jimmer and Hayes to create space but I just dont think Monta is a winning player. I know hes talented and a great scorer but we already have Monta-lite in Marcus Thornton. If Thornton is getting traded for a shooting-defender SF id have less of a problem with Monta
    ok but then in your mind who is a winning player who the Kings could honestly get especially at SF

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast