Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Epic (Hopeful) Trade

How about we trade Asik+Jlin+First Round Pick for Celtic's Rondo+G.Wal

vCash
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rondo is the absolute worst possible back court compliment to Harden. He needs the ball, he cannot his a jump shot, he has terrible shot selection, he can't hit a free throw and his defense is insanely overrated. There are probably 20-30 players I would rather trade for than Rajon Rondo.

vCash
    Eww, why in the world would we want Wallace???
    Texans Time is here!

vCash
    I rather our current roster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nguto View Post
    What is your real PSD name?

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Should we keep Asik? He does bolster our bench.

vCash
    Do you guys see what I'm talking about with all those threads?

This would be a "nightmare". Not to mention it doesn't work money-wise.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nguto View Post
    Rondo is just a better facilitator than JLin. Neither of them can consistently hit the 3 so that trade does not make sense for the Rockets.

vCash
    Actually Lin ended the season shooting pretty well from outside the arc. In 34 games (almost half of the season) after January he shot above 39% from the 3-point line. If that's not good, I don't know what is.

You guys are underrating Lin big time. His post-all-star break numbers are pretty good. His March, April and February numbers are pretty good. That's about the time I tought he and Harden figured out how to play together.

In the Playoffs he was clearly hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stros1fan View Post
    Rondo is just a better facilitator than JLin. Neither of them can consistently hit the 3 so that trade does not make sense for the Rockets.
    There's a HUGE difference between Lin shooting 34% and having the potential to shoot a lot better and Rondo shooting 24% and proving he could care less if he got better.
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Do you guys see what I'm talking about with all those threads?

This would be a "nightmare". Not to mention it doesn't work money-wise.
    I think this would actually go under the night terror category. I would much rather have josh smith that Rondo and you know how i felt about Smith

vCash
    All we need Anderson,LMA,Love, or. Dirk get it done Morey haha
    Texans Time is here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Actually Lin ended the season shooting pretty well from outside the arc. In 34 games (almost half of the season) after January he shot above 39% from the 3-point line. If that's not good, I don't know what is.

You guys are underrating Lin big time. His post-all-star break numbers are pretty good. His March, April and February numbers are pretty good. That's about the time I tought he and Harden figured out how to play together.

In the Playoffs he was clearly hurt.
    But let's also not pretend like Lin is an above average starting point guard. He has a ton of areas he needs to improve upon, and the team played as well (if not better) with Beverley on the court than Lin. I still think Lin has potential to be in that top 10-15 realm of point guards, but he certainly did not show it last season. He has to consistently be able to hit the 3-pointer and seriously cut down on his turnovers.

vCash
    Rondo doesn't want to shoot, we need a PG who can spot up and knock down 3's and not need the ball. I haven't checked out the finances of it, but Pekovic is a RFA, so what if we poison pilled Minnesota with Pekovic. If they don't match, we turn around and trade Asik for Love. I'm certain that would put us over the luxury tax and we would need to move Lin and take back nothing. I just thought it was a diabolical way to please Asik and get the man that we all secretly covet a few years early. Love is the perfect fit for this offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    But let's also not pretend like Lin is an above average starting point guard. He has a ton of areas he needs to improve upon, and the team played as well (if not better) with Beverley on the court than Lin. I still think Lin has potential to be in that top 10-15 realm of point guards, but he certainly did not show it last season. He has to consistently be able to hit the 3-pointer and seriously cut down on his turnovers.
    But people here seem to think Lin is straight up trash. He was avarage last year, there were plenty of other starting PG worst than him last season. I wouldn't be thrilled about giving up on him after just one season, unless it lands us something really better. He has crazy potential, and he did show that last season.

Quote Originally Posted by tr3ymill3r View Post
    Rondo doesn't want to shoot, we need a PG who can spot up and knock down 3's and not need the ball. I haven't checked out the finances of it, but Pekovic is a RFA, so what if we poison pilled Minnesota with Pekovic. If they don't match, we turn around and trade Asik for Love. I'm certain that would put us over the luxury tax and we would need to move Lin and take back nothing. I just thought it was a diabolical way to please Asik and get the man that we all secretly covet a few years early. Love is the perfect fit for this offense.
    We don't have any cap space left. How do you suggest we offer a 12+ million contract Minnesota just offered him? Pekovic would cost us Asik and Lin. And Love is not gonna happen right now.

vCash
    I feel like Lin will cut back on the turnovers a fair amount next year because he won't be asked to do as much and Idk exactly how many times it happened but Lin seemed to get a lot of turnover on passes to Asik which Dwight will now catch. I don't think it's unreasonable at all to expect 15/7 from him next year with around 38% shooting from 3 and right at 2 turnovers a game and I think that might be all we really need from him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast