Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Let's talk about the lineup...

Based on the roster right now, what do you think our lineup will be?

Like most, I was thinking Curry - Klay - Iggy - Lee - Bogut.

But after some thinking, I'm contemplating if we would be better served with Lee on the bench and playing smaller?

Curry - Klay - Iggy - Barnes - Bogut

Offensively we would have Curry and Iggy as primary ball handlers depending on the play, Klay and Barnes spotting up in corners and Barnes can also post up weaker defenders like we saw during the playoffs. Iggy would be cutting/slashing (Barnes could do some to) while the floor is being spread by the others.

Defensively we're small but all of the guys on the floor are better defenders than Lee. Having Iggy/Klay/Barnes all on the court at the same time would give opposing coaches fits, how the hell do you attack that? With Bogut lurking in the paint to top it off? And let's not forget that according to their listed heights, Barnes is only an inch smaller than Lee (although he is 30lbs lighter).

Summary; Defensively we would hopefully hold our own inside and would comfortably lock down the perimeter, offensively we would be terrifying.

At full health Our bench would be Lee, Green, Ezeli, backup 4 yet to be determined and probably Nemanja Nedovic unless we bring in someone else. Between Green and Ezeli there's enough defense to cover Lee being so weak in that area. And Lee is good enough offensively to be a sixth man, plus he would dominate the glass against most teams second unit.

I don't think we would have gotten through the first round of the playoffs if Lee had played and started all of those games at the 4 instead of Barnes.

Is Barnes capable of playing as a stretch 4? Am I tripping out of my face?

vCash

Let's talk about the lineup...

Barnes playing as a stretch 4 would work depending on the matchup. But in no way would I start him at PF or give him too many minutes there. Down the stretch I would bet we will see a lot of him at the 4 and lee at the 5 due to Boguts free throw shooting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    Barnes playing as a stretch 4 would work depending on the matchup. But in no way would I start him at PF or give him too many minutes there. Down the stretch I would bet we will see a lot of him at the 4 and lee at the 5 due to Boguts free throw shooting.
    Iggy is an awful free throw shooter as well.

vCash
    Lee, the Warriors only all-star from last year has to start at the 4. But he will play some 5 and he will play fewer minutes and probably play even better for it.

Teams that have a larger regular rotation usually play better defense just from saved energy.

What will the loss of Malone mean to team D?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post

What will the loss of Malone mean to team D?
    We still haven't replaced the assistant job right?

Pretty sure Mike Dunlap, Robert Pack and David Joerger (my personal favourite out of those 3) are still available.

The new ownership has shown a willingness to throw big funds at the coaching staff, combine that with the appeal of coaching a young team with great upside, we should find a replacement quite comfortably. Let's not forget all the people Coach Jackson played with and under, his rolodex will be stacked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    Yeah, there will be plenty of opportunity for Barnes to get minutes at 4, but he can't start there. It needs to be a way to expose defenses, not ourselves.

vCash
    I keep hoping the Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau with all their front office vs coach vs players stuff going on ... he'd be the perfect replacement for Malone. But that's in no way likely.

vCash
    I keep hoping the Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau with all their front office vs coach vs players stuff going on ... he'd be the perfect replacement for Malone. But that's in no way likely.
    LOL, no way he would take an assistant job. Maybe we could use hypnosis or something to convince him.

vCash
    Why do people even post stuff like this?

"Next season Lee will solidify himself as a star in the playoffs, if not before. Book it." -lolPhillies 4/22/2013 3:26 PM

vCash
    A man can dream can't he?

vCash
    Whatever happen to Gilbert Arenas? Is he still any good at PG?

vCash
    Tom Thibodeau is wearing out his welcome and the perception around the league is that he's a brilliant defensive coach but doesn't deal with his players or his front office or the press well. In other words, not much of a modern head coach. He might get another head coaching job, IF he even loses his Bulls job ... but he might not, in which case the perfect spot for him would be an assistant head coaching gig with a team willing to pay big money and a team that respects it's assistant coaches and working with a head coach who is his polar opposite ... a charismatic, players coach who isn't all about the Xs and Os who knows how to play the political games needed to run a team.

I can dream can't I?

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Curry/Jenkins/Nedovic
    Klay/Barnes/Bazemore
    Iggy/Barnes
    Lee/Green/Tyler
    Bogut/O'neal/Ezeli

lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Tom Thibodeau is wearing out his welcome and the perception around the league is that he's a brilliant defensive coach but doesn't deal with his players or his front office or the press well. In other words, not much of a modern head coach. He might get another head coaching job, IF he even loses his Bulls job ... but he might not, in which case the perfect spot for him would be an assistant head coaching gig with a team willing to pay big money and a team that respects it's assistant coaches and working with a head coach who is his polar opposite ... a charismatic, players coach who isn't all about the Xs and Os who knows how to play the political games needed to run a team.

I can dream can't I?
    Put down the pipe.

"Next season Lee will solidify himself as a star in the playoffs, if not before. Book it." -lolPhillies 4/22/2013 3:26 PM

vCash
    please refrain from making too many threads on the same topic.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast