Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Off-Season Thread IV

Discuss trades & FA targets here

vCash
    Just gonna carry this over here then I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Because Woodson has Chris Smith and Shumpert playing in the same back-court in the summer league, because JR Smith resigned there is a chance Chris Smith will be out 3rd stringer.

Shumpert is being given the opportunity to develop his skills to be a facilitator also as the starting 2 guard, also because there is no chance in hell they will have Bargnani and Amare to start on the bench either one will start.
    I love shump and while it would be great to see him pass more, he'll never be the type of facilitator we need to help elevate the offense. And he shouldn't have to that isn't his role.

I just think, that this team lives and dies by the performance of Carmelo Anthony. Him and JR are the only players that can get their own shot regardless of what type of offense they are playing in or who's playing around them. But it comes at a cost. Other players struggle when they have to work to get their own shot and we saw that through large stretches last season.

We have to make their jobs as easy as possible and help them get easier shots. We ABSOLUTELY need someone who is more capable of creating easy buckets for the rest of the players on the roster. Chandler and Amar'e are useless on offense, turn it over constantly, and fumble around with the ball a lot because they need to be fed and no one feeds them and they are caught trying to do more then what they are capable of constantly. Same goes for a lot of players on our bench. Upgrading at the point is a must.

Do we need more rebounding/ pf/c defenders? Of course. But hustle defender guys are much easier to get than a dynamic play maker which is our biggest need. In the playoffs last year, despite getting out rebounded all the time, which had more to do with Chandler's health and playing Carmelo at the 4 than anything, we actually did well on defense. But we couldn't score to save our lives, which is what really did us in, in the end. We were scoring like 30 points in first halves of games. That CAN'T happen again, and shouldn't when you have players like Carmelo, JR, Shumpert, Amar'e etc.

I like felton, but he shouldn't be starting honestly. We need to upgrade or else we've lost before the season has even really begun. Guys like Telfair, i really don't think will make any difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    Just gonna carry this over here then I suppose

I love shump and while it would be great to see him pass more, he'll never be the type of facilitator we need to help elevate the offense. And he shouldn't have to that isn't his role.

I just think, that this team lives and dies by the performance of Carmelo Anthony. Him and JR are the only players that can get their own shot regardless of what type of offense they are playing in or who's playing around them. But it comes at a cost. Other players struggle when they have to work to get their own shot and we saw that through large stretches last season.

We have to make their jobs as easy as possible and help them get easier shots. We ABSOLUTELY need someone who is more capable of creating easy buckets for the rest of the players on the roster. Chandler and Amar'e are useless on offense, turn it over constantly, and fumble around with the ball a lot because they need to be fed and no one feeds them and they are caught trying to do more then what they are capable of constantly. Same goes for a lot of players on our bench. Upgrading at the point is a must.

Do we need more rebounding/ pf/c defenders? Of course. But hustle defender guys are much easier to get than a dynamic play maker which is our biggest need. In the playoffs last year, despite getting out rebounded all the time, which had more to do with Chandler's health and playing Carmelo at the 4 than anything, we actually did well on defense. But we couldn't score to save our lives, which is what really did us in, in the end. We were scoring like 30 points in first halves of games. That CAN'T happen again, and shouldn't when you have players like Carmelo, JR, Shumpert, Amar'e etc.

I like felton, but he shouldn't be starting honestly. We need to upgrade or else we've lost before the season has even really begun. Guys like Telfair, i really don't think will make any difference.
    Pretty much agree ..wish Felton would go work with any pg like Hakeem is for all the bigs ..(melo and stat went)

vCash
    Let's just trade Bargs for Lee, sign Will Bynum or Nate Robinson, sign Mickael Pietrus & Elton Brand and re-sign Martin

Chandler/ Amare/ Jordan
    Lee/ Martin/ Brand
    Melo/ Pietrus/ Leslie
    Shumpert/ Smith/ Hardaway Jr.
    Felton/ Bynum/ Prigs

I think that would be our best chances

vCash
    Like I said before, we wouldn't of split up the MMLE in order to bring pack Pablo as our 3rd PG, think it's time people accept that he's our backup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4 View Post
    Like I said before, we wouldn't of split up the MMLE in order to bring pack Pablo as our 3rd PG, think it's time people accept that he's our backup.
    They still don't understand that simple concept. Why use a portion of the MLE to be a 3rd string PG...let alone raise the initial offer to add another 300k to his deal per.

We are now looking at more big men or combo type player's at the wing position, but they will stay say we need another PG.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 07-07-2013 at 12:44 AM.

vCash
    Delfino would be a good pickup. Get Brand and bring back Kmart and that will wrap up a solid off season IMO.

vCash
    It's just me stating that if Will Bynum, or Nate Robinson or even Aaron Brooks signs with us that they should be the backup, Hell Amare gets paid 20 million but isn't in my starting lineup either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    Delfino would be a good pickup. Get Brand and bring back Kmart and that will wrap up a solid off season IMO.
    This, a million times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4 View Post
    This, a million times.
    + another million

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    They still don't understand that simple concept. Why use a portion of the MLE to be a 3rd string PG...let alone raise the initial offer to add another 300k to his deal per.

We are now looking at more big men or combo type player's at the wing position, but they will stay say we need another PG.
    The only reason we did it is because we had to because he wouldn't take a minimum deal and we can't offer him a vet minimum. He's a good player, but he's more of a utility guy rather than a sure fire back up point. His role should depend more on how players perform over the season and who's healthy or not. Having quality like him gives us depth. He can give us minutes at the 2 as well.

if we sign another point it should be someone who's projected to be better than him not worse...Now that may change over the course of the season, the book is still not out on pablo and we don't quite know where he stands or what he can give us. So its silly to just settle with him thinking its the best we can do.

vCash
    How will Pablo get minutes at the 2 if we have Shump, J.R. and Timmy?

He'll be our primary backup PG, which is more than okay, he was amazing for us last year.

vCash
    If we replace these guys...

Novak, Copeland, Kidd, Camby, KT40, White, Q-Rich

With these guys...

Bargnani, Delfino, Hardaway Jr, Brand, K-Mart, Leslie, Telfair

We'll be a much better team.

vCash
    Lets say Bargs get injured, I see us going right back to melo at the 4 and a dual PG line up in the back with pablo playing the 2 again. I think pablo is just quality insurance. He's good but it looks like his game is pretty limited, but there are ways to work around it if we have to.. He should be more of a bit part player that helps the roster gel under certain circumstances rather than someone who's given a definitive role on the team.

Pablo is basically in his own category on this team. We need to be looking at players that are going to compete with Felton for his role rather than someone who will compete with Prigs
    Last edited by VendettaRed07; 07-07-2013 at 01:34 AM.

vCash
    Delphino, Kmart and Brand would be great but I don't think its realistic that we'll sign all three.

I'd try for Delphino and Brand the hardest. Offer the 1.7 million multiyear deal to Delphino and offer brand the vet min.

Kmart was great for us last year but I think a lot of it was that he didn't play for half the season and didn't have to go through the grind that everyone else did. Now that he's a year older and assuming he's signed right away I think he'll drop off. I think he signs with spurs anyway.

Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast