Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

CARL LANDRY signs with the SACRAMENTO KINGS

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA now
    Sacramento has reached agreement with free agent Carl Landry, agent Mark Bartelstein says.

Ken Berger @KBergCBS now
    Landry's deal with the Kings is for approximately $26-$27 million over four years, league source says.

Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports that Carl Landry has come to terms with the Sacramento Kings on a four-year, $26-$27 million deal.

Carl Landry in a interview talks about Mike Malone- May 31st 2012

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/?podc...l&dcid=CBS.SAC

Landry averaged 11 points and six rebounds last season as a key sixth man for the Golden State Warriors, at a 17-and-nine per-36 minutes pace. He logged a 17.5 PER that only dropped late in the season and had been one of the highest for a bench player for most of the season. The Warriors knew they had to lose Landry in free agency, which in part lead to their deal to make room for Andre Iguodala on Friday.

Landry joins a crowded frontcourt in Sacramento, alongside DeMarcus Cousins, Jason Thompson, Patrick Patterson, and Chuck Hayes. So you have to think that least one of those players will be moved to make room for Landry and his at-least $6.5 million per year averaged deal. Landry's a productive offensive player who can defend a little but can also be exploited in certain sets and struggles on the rebounding end, though he ticked those numbers up last season.

Not a bad pickup for the Kings, but they need to make room for some wing depth at this point or they're going to drown in bigs.
    Last edited by Plague; 07-06-2013 at 04:49 PM.

vCash
    Hahahahaha... damn who is that has the Carl Landry sig with the top hat? Hahaha! I don't understand the signing, but ok. Trades in the works for j.t. or patterson.

vCash
    Cheaper version of Paul Millsap, now the Kings can trade JT/Pat and a guard plus Thornton for a solid PF

vCash
    It seems like we overpaid for Carl Landry. He is a 30 year old backup.

I like Landry, I just don't understand the signing for how much we paid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders#1 Scout View Post
    Cheaper version of Paul Millsap, now the Kings can trade JT/Pat and a guard plus Thornton for a solid PF
    In my opinion JT is better than Carl Landry and his salary is cheaper than Carl Landry.

I think Thorton will be harder to trade than some people think. I am thinking overall other teams will value Thorton less because his value is less than his contract.

vCash
    I would think John Salmons will be amnestied next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I would think John Salmons will be amnestied next week.
    Hahaha.. yeah after they said the biggest problem with the team was the sf position. .. it was in the works already! Hahahh.. they might find a trade... maybe.jimmer, i.t., pat, for a great sf?

vCash
    I love reading this. First Monta Ellis said he liked Mike Malone and now Carl Landry. I will admit that its a positive sign that Carl Landry moves from GSW after we hire Malone. I also like Landry, I just wonder if we overpaid for him. I am also concerned that we are paying him until the age of 34. However its nice to see we are getting some good character players.

Dave Mason @DeuceMason about 6 minutes ago
    Landry raved about Malone in an interview with @JasonRoss1140. Called Malone one of the best coaches he's ever played for.

vCash
    This does not make sense.

vCash
    please remind me why? lol hopefully they have some master plan behind all of this

vCash
    With Thompson, Cousins, Hayes, Landry, and Patterson I can't imagine the Kings keeping 3 undersized PF'S (Pattersn/Hayes/Landry) on the team. I think either Hayes or Patterson will be traded. Because of Thompsons height and rebounding ability I think he is safe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YarrowSlaps View Post
    please remind me why? lol hopefully they have some master plan behind all of this
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHighLife View Post
    This does not make sense.
    I am not excited about this signing even though I like Landry as a rotation player coming off the bench. I think Carl Landry value is closer to 5 million a season, but you can't try and make sense of anything at this point because management appears to be making a major overhaul to the team. This is not going to be the final product. Before the season starts we will probably be seeing a lot of new players coming in and a lot of players going out. We can better judge this team when its over.

vCash
    Carl Landry talks about Mike Malone. Jason Ross show - May 31st podcast

You have to listen through the early part of the interview before getting to stuff important to Kings fans.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/?podc...l&dcid=CBS.SAC
    Last edited by Plague; 07-06-2013 at 04:55 PM.

vCash
    I think it's safe to say this team is gonna look a lot different when pda is done making his moves. Nobody is off limits. Maybe making the other bigs expendable will make it easier to package a trade offer for a sf.

vCash
    I'll be interested to see what kinda trade we're about to make. Why would we sign Landry, unless we had a trade in the works??

Hayes and/or Patterson are on the move. Hopefully Hayes. Salmons I'm sure will be amnestied. Especially if we trade for a SF. I actually like Salmons, he's just overpayed.

Seriously, this signing came outta nowhere. I didn't even know he was a Free Agent.

Well, he's undersized, but he plays big, plays hard, and does a lot of dirty work. I really like him, I just hope he's one of only 2 undersized players on the roster by training camp.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast