Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Would this lineup succeed?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1 16.67%
  • No

    5 83.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    324
    vCash
    1500

    Changing Roster to Integrate Morneau: Thoughts

    Okay, if the Jays sign and trade for Morneau (where Justin signs for, say, 2 years plus a club option for 2016) would the following lineup have success this year and gong forward?

    Reyes - SS
    Bautista - RF
    Encarnacion - 3B
    Lind - DH
    Morneau - 1B
    Lawrie - 2B
    Etc.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    T.O., Canada
    Posts
    14,448
    vCash
    1500
    Anytime you can cripple your infield defense to incorporate a league average-ish CANADIAN bat you gotta do it.
    2013

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    324
    vCash
    1500
    Morneau > E5 and Lind at 1B
    Lawrie > Anyone at 2B
    E5 < Lawrie at 3B

    We'd improve at two positions, get worse at one. What's your definition of crippling an infield defence? Also, do you think Morneau's offence is league average for first basemen?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    18,808
    vCash
    1500
    Morneau isn't even hitting well enough to justify playing him at 1B/DH. Not worth it.


    Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

    This sums up every sports interview, ever.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,599
    vCash
    1500
    I have never seen a 3b be as in accurate is EE. He can get to the balls he just can't make the throws. Sending him back there would really screw him up IMO. Doing it here or there is one thing

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    5,986
    vCash
    1000
    I don't like the idea of EE playing 3B. He has looked uncomfortable playing 3B

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,768
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by darius View Post
    Morneau > E5 and Lind at 1B
    Lawrie > Anyone at 2B
    E5 < Lawrie at 3B

    We'd improve at two positions, get worse at one. What's your definition of crippling an infield defence? Also, do you think Morneau's offence is league average for first basemen?
    Morneau is not better than EE or Lind at 1st.
    How do we know how Lawrie is at 2nd, and if they wanted him to play 2nd, would they not be working him out at 2nd now during his re hab games.
    EE is worse than Lawrie and everyone else who has played 3rd. Great Glove and Arm, just terrible aim!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    3,909
    vCash
    1500
    First base is the least of our problems. We really should try fixing what's wrong then getting a maple boner over a player we don't need.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,249
    vCash
    1500
    Morneau is not required.

    What is required is starting pitching that is reliable. That would solve 90% of the teams issues. How about we focus on that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,851
    vCash
    1500
    Can we make room for Jeff Francis in our starting rotation while we're at it?


    The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    324
    vCash
    1500
    Francis is awful, why him?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    324
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Morneau is not required.

    What is required is starting pitching that is reliable. That would solve 90% of the teams issues. How about we focus on that.
    I'd rather focus on improving the team, period. It's not either or for me. That would make for a very tunnel-visioned GM, and we both know GM_AA will have his fingers on like 40 potential trades, including for SP and a better 2B.

  13. 07-07-2013, 05:56 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Insults

  14. 07-07-2013, 06:06 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Insults

  15. 07-07-2013, 06:09 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Insults

  16. 07-07-2013, 06:13 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Insults

  17. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    324
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Why would any one say that? I mean Krylian is a stud of a man, everyone on PSD is aware of his magnetism, Its obvious that you are not old enough to be on here without your parents permission. Please....think, before hitting enter, and people will respect you more!
    It just seems obvious to me, but like I said, live and let live. But back to your point, where do I say the ONLY move we should make is to get Morneau and NO WE SHOULDN'T worry about SP. Please enlighten me.

  18. 07-07-2013, 08:52 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Insults

  19. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    507
    vCash
    1500
    The Morneau boat has long sailed. His bat is not an upgrade and it is a wash defensively at first (And def. at 1st should be the last consideration). Unless you replaced Lind w/ Morneau (A few years ago this would have been a massive upgrade, not so much anymore) all you are doing is creating a logjam of corner infielders and hurting our left infield defense in the process. I know in small samples EE has been adequate this season at third, but putting him regularly there is just asking for trouble.

    In the unsolicited advice department, insulting other posters really doesn't help you get your point across. You are certainly allowed your opinions...as are they. If you can't back up your case with facts and logical discussion, maybe it isn't as strong a case as you first thought.

    Anyway, just my 2 cents.

  20. 07-08-2013, 06:01 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Insults

  21. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    324
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Morneau is not better than EE or Lind at 1st.
    How do we know how Lawrie is at 2nd, and if they wanted him to play 2nd, would they not be working him out at 2nd now during his re hab games.
    EE is worse than Lawrie and everyone else who has played 3rd. Great Glove and Arm, just terrible aim!
    Lawrie played 2B at AAA last night, and did pretty well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •