Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ike Is Back

vCash

Ike Is Back

MetsBlog.com ‏@metsblog 44s
    Rubin: Ike Davis being promoted to the Mets http://on.sny.tv/1251mf2
    Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN 4m
    Source says Ike Davis returning to #Mets.

vCash
    Why? Wasn't he still ing at a pretty bad rate?

vCash
    Ike Davis is being promoted to the Mets, according to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.

Earlier today, Terry Collins told reporters there was no timetable for the team to promote Davis.

Davis is in tonight’s lineup for the Las Vegas 51s, who are in Arizona playing Triple-A Tucson – he has hit .293 with seven home runs and 13 RBI in 21 games since being demoted to the minor leagues.
    They were updating the article as i posted it..

vCash
    YOU CAN'T BE AN IKE-IST. ONLY A SATINIST. Please keep him.

vCash
    He better do work or **** you Ike.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    YOU CAN'T BE AN IKE-IST. ONLY A SATINIST. Please keep him.
    I only see Ike playing against RHP.

Davis was hitting .292 with 2 homers and a .929 OPS in 24 ABs against lefties in Vegas but i am sure Satin will get most of the ABs against LHP.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-04-2013 at 09:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I only see Ike playing against RHP.

Davis was hitting .292 with 2 homers and a .929 OPS in 24 ABs against lefties in Vegas but i am sure Satin will get most of the ABs against LHP.
    Platooning is definitely the best option.

Part-time Satinist

vCash
    The way i look at is either they hope Ike catches lightning in a bottle the second half so they can deal him, or if he continues to suck, they play out the season and let him walk next year.

I am not 100% sure how this organization feels about Ike though. There is obviously also the possibility that he plays well enough to merit him starting again next year. All we can hope for at that point is that mechanically his swing is much more consistent and he doesn't start next season hitting .150 for the first 2 months.

vCash
    Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN 5m
    More confirmation: Ike officially scratched from Triple-A Las Vegas lineup. #mets

vCash
    I think Mets will give him a month or so to do better, if not you will see Satin there after that more than likely.

vCash
    Wake up call for Ike. Does he play like he belongs or does he go back to his old tricks? I can only hope he doesnt automatically get his old job back. Would be really nice if he had to win it back.

Be fun to see how it all plays out but it would be even nicer to see Josh rewarded for his work here so far.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Wake up call for Ike. Does he play like he belongs or does he go back to his old tricks? I can only hope he doesnt automatically get his old job back. Would be really nice if he had to win it back.

Be fun to see how it all plays out but it would be even nicer to see Josh rewarded for his work here so far.
    Papa, can I join your cult too?

Satin's bat is needed in that lineup somewhere. I don't care if you have to throw him or Ike in left field for ****s sake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Papa, can I join your cult too?

Satin's bat is needed in that lineup somewhere. I don't care if you have to throw him or Ike in left field for ****s sake.

welcome fellow worshipper, son!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    You know as much as i bash Satin for SS and the fact that i don't truly believe he can be much of a player, i hope he does succeed so that first and foremost, it challenges Ike to play better and secondly, this forum was really missing a religious organization since Dickey was traded .

It just doesn't feel right around here unless FOC is leading some kind of Met related cult.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-04-2013 at 10:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You know as much as i bash Satin for SS and the fact that i don't truly believe he can be much of a player, i hope he does succeed so that first and foremost, it challenges Ike to play better and secondly, this forum really needs a religious organization since Dickey was traded .

It just doesn't feel right if FOC is not leading some kind of Met related cult.
    A few points of clarifications here: The C of S is not a religious organization. It's an anti-religious organization. That's why we're Satinists. We're a cult

The C of D on the other hand was a church erected to worship our real Savior who, unfortunately has undergone some tough times lately. But the remnants of the C of D religion remain firm in their belief that the Our Lord and Savior will Resurrect once again.

Unfortunately, the Worshippers at the C of S will not root for that to happen.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast