Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Dwight sign and trade for draft picks ensuring max money

I dont think anyone has talked about this, but I'm curious if anyone has knowledge of how this works with the new cba.

Isnt it possible for Dwight to tell the rockets or whomever that he will only sign via a sign and trade so he can get max money. In this scenario like with Nash coming here could we just get back 2-3 first round draft picks? Obviously this is assuming he tells the lakers hes not coming back regardless.

This could be big for future trades and future sign and trades to get stars to come to LA.

vCash
    no. because we will have to take back Asik and Lin. those 2 bums will ruin any 2014 plans with their overpaid contracts.

vCash
    ^ this

vCash
    what is truly funny is that D12 actually thinks he would be better off in Houston than GS...

if I was gonna go to any of the teams he met with other than the Lakers it would easily be the Warriors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    what is truly funny is that D12 actually thinks he would be better off in Houston than GS...

if I was gonna go to any of the teams he met with other than the Lakers it would easily be the Warriors
    Kind of why I hope that if he does leave, he picks the Rockets. No chance they win a title with McHale as their coach.

With Dwight they're still behind SAS, Clips, and Thunder, plus I think they're a horrible... absolute horrible matchup for the Grizz.

Tony Allen and Prince to lock up Harden, Gasol does a good job on Howard, Conley is better than Lin or Beverly

With Dwight I have Houston at the 5 spot

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33:26596845

Kind of why I hope that if he does leave, he picks the Rockets. No chance they win a title with McHale as their coach.

With Dwight they're still behind SAS, Clips, and Thunder, plus I think they're a horrible... absolute horrible matchup for the Grizz.

Tony Allen and Prince to lock up Harden, Gasol does a good job on Howard, Conley is better than Lin or Beverly

With Dwight I have Houston at the 5 spot
    I think if they get Dwight, mchale gets axed.

vCash

If hope we do a sign and trade with warriors and get a young player like barnes or maybe thompson the only bad thing is that we would need to take bogut also

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3's set u free View Post
    I dont think anyone has talked about this, but I'm curious if anyone has knowledge of how this works with the new cba.

Isnt it possible for Dwight to tell the rockets or whomever that he will only sign via a sign and trade so he can get max money. In this scenario like with Nash coming here could we just get back 2-3 first round draft picks? Obviously this is assuming he tells the lakers hes not coming back regardless.

This could be big for future trades and future sign and trades to get stars to come to LA.
    I believe that in the new CBA the only way that D12 can get max money is by signing with the team that holds his bird rights. If he were to get to HOU via S&T it could only be for 4yrs/88million so he might as well just sign with the Rockets straight up... D12 has all the leverage.

vCash
    No trade unless we clear cap and at least a first round pick. Or a solid pg!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Ghost View Post
    If hope we do a sign and trade with warriors and get a young player like barnes or maybe thompson the only bad thing is that we would need to take bogut also
    nah... biedrins or Jefferson would be the big $$$ guy coming in any deal...

vCash
    Curry/Klay or Barnes(whichever would not go to L.A.)/D12 >>>>>>>>>> Harden/Parsons/D12