Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Kings essentially traded Tyreke Evans to NOH for Grevis Vasquez and 2 2nd rd picks

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like the trade

15 60.00%
  • I do not like the trade

4 16.00%
  • Too early to say

6 24.00%
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

OFFICIAL: Kings won't match Evans.. instead will deal him to NOH for Vasquez

Voisin's tweet:
    Kings will not match New Orleans Pelicans 4 year, $44 million offer sheet to Tyreke Evans. Dealing for Vasquez and Lopez.
    Voisin's quick story:
    The Kings will not match the four-year, $44 million offer sheet that Tyreke Evans has agreed to sign with the New Orleans Pelicans. According to sources close to the situation, the new Kings management group instead is hoping to close Thursday on a sign-and-trade agreement involving Pelicans point guard Greivis Vasquez and backup center Robin Lopez.

No deals can be finalized until July 10.

Because Evans, the 2009-10 Rookie of the Year, is a restricted free agent, the Kings have the right to match any offer he receives in the open market. However, team officials reportedly believe the offer is excessive and would damage the team's long-term salary cap flexibility. They pulled their four-year, $52 million offer to free agent Andre Iguodala Tuesday when the Denver Nuggets swingman refused to make a firm commitment.

Evans' future with the Kings became less certain when the club selected Kansas shooting guard Ben McLemore last Thursday in the NBA Draft. Evans, who was shifted from point guard to small forward, and most recently, shooting guard, averaged 15.2 points, 4.4 rebounds and 3.5 assists last season.
    http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings...eke-evans.html

The plot thickens.
    Last edited by sfgiants1213; 07-04-2013 at 04:19 AM.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    Hope she's wrong. I'm going to be pissed if we're giving up on him for Vasquez and Lopez. Both have had one decent year and only play well at one half of the game. That people on here are actually in favor of giving up a player who would be a great piece on a defensive team, has proven he can improve his shot, and is an all-around talent for yet another guard who can't play defense and a backup center making $5M per year is just baffling to me. Normally I'd just be happy that fans aren't calling the shots, but then we're actually making this move. Seriously. I mean, who the hell is going to defend anyone positions 1-3? Salmons is probably our best defender among those positions with Tyreke gone. What a joke. People act as though Tyreke is just failed potential, but even without becoming the star we hoped, he's still still managed to be a good player despite the **** he's been coached by and played with his time here.

/rant
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    Tyreke is a good basketball player. He doesn't fit with McLemore and Cousins. He needs the ball too much to be efficient. Love this move.

vCash
    Somehow agree with Jlynn here. Although I think it is better to get players back than to lose Tyreke. Do we have a shot at signing him? A big yes, and actually, I would really like Evans at PG and Ben at SG. Tyreke is best when attacking, and now that we have a legit shooter in Ben, he could be back being aggressive without worrying of guys clogging the lane. But then again, if the front office decided for this, it is better to have players in return. A pass first guard that could shoot, and a big, with some glimpse of hope for improvement ( and an expiring for a year or two?).. I just hope we're still in play for AI, not with the initial offer, but with a sign and trade with Denver (they could only offer him with lesser amount compared to our offer), so basically we'll get him at a lesser amount if we do a S&T, plus a chance to "unclog" the guard positions by trading our excess guards.. Re-signing Tyreke woudn't complicate things like this.. -_-

vCash
    This is what I've wanted to happen the whole time. Now we can trade someone for a SF. Maybe try an IT and Thornton for Derozan deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    Tyreke is a good basketball player. He doesn't fit with McLemore and Cousins. He needs the ball too much to be efficient. Love this move.
    except he compliments McLemore perfectly and I'd love to hear why he doesn't fit with Cousins. just get a SF who can pass and put Tyreke back at point and that's our best option easily. especially defensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    This is what I've wanted to happen the whole time. Now we can trade someone for a SF. Maybe try an IT and Thornton for Derozan deal.
    really don't think we can afford to trade the other starting sg we have left, too, with Tyreke gone. we'd have to move Salmons to SG I guess because there's no way that you just rely on a rookie in McLemore to start and play major minutes without any pro experience.

vCash
    Glad to get Vasquez, but I'll definitely miss Tyreke, especially his rookie season.

vCash
    I like this trade. I could care less about Lopez but he probably becomes our 3rd best big man, this is his last season so we can dump his salary next season.

No to Demar Derozan. He is a poor mans Tyreke. Another player that will not contribute to us becoming a winning playoff team and instead will handicap us with his overpriced contract. We need basketball players not athletes. Like Sacramento Toronto was never going to be good with Bargnani and Derozan and they are looking to change that path.

I have no problem losing Tyreke. Teams with poor perimeter shooting fair poorly in the playoffs when they play against good perimeter shooting teams. If we want to strive to build a team capable of winning in the playoffs we can't do that by building a poorly constructed team, we have had a poorly constructed team the last few seasons time to change that path and dumping Tyreke is the start.. This will be a rebuilding season, but getting a real PG who has some perimeter shooting ability will go in the right direction in the rebuilding process.

If we amnesty Salmons we should have about 13 million dollars left for this season, so there is no reason we can't still chase another decent player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    except he compliments McLemore perfectly and I'd love to hear why he doesn't fit with Cousins. just get a SF who can pass and put Tyreke back at point and that's our best option easily. especially defensively.
    Agreed. Was really hoping for a Reke - Ben - Iggy - Thompson - Cousins lineup. I think that could be a 40+ win team once Cousins gets his head in the game ,and Ben develops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I like this trade. I could care less about Lopez but he probably becomes our 3rd best big man, this is his last season so we can dump his salary next season.

No to Demar Derozan. He is a poor mans Tyreke. Another player that will not contribute to us becoming a winning playoff team and instead will handicap us with his overpriced contract. We need basketball players not athletes. Like Sacramento Toronto was never going to be good with Bargnani and Derozan and they are looking to change that path.

I have no problem losing Tyreke. Teams with poor perimeter shooting fair poorly in the playoffs when they play against good perimeter shooting teams. If we want to strive to build a team capable of winning in the playoffs we can't do that by building a poorly constructed team, we have had a poorly constructed team the last few seasons time to change that path and dumping Tyreke is the start.. This will be a rebuilding season, but getting a real PG who has some perimeter shooting ability will go in the right direction in the rebuilding process.

If we amnesty Salmons we should have about 13 million dollars left for this season, so there is no reason we can't still chase another decent player.
    not having anyone who plays defense is far worse than having a guard who shoots 33% for 3 pointers. this is a huge step backwards. we could have just gotten a facilitating SF but we shot ourselves in the foot as far as being a competitive team goes instead. the best this trade can do for us is make us a better lottery team, which is worse for us anyway this year.

vCash
    I know it won't happen, but with Boston rebuilding what would you guys think if we did something like Vaquez/Lopez/Salmons/Jimmer For Rondo/Wallace

Boston dumps Wallace's longer contract, and gets a younger PG to come in. With a new head coach in town, I was hearing that Boston's new head coach has never dealt with anyone like Rondo, so maybe they'd look to deal him?

Rondo / Thomas
    McLemore / Thornton
    Wallace / ?
    Patterson / Hayes
    Cousins / Thompson

We could start Thompson over Patterson, but we'd be undersized with Hayes and Patterson on the bench.

Like I said it won't happen, but think it'd be a step forward.

vCash
    “@sam_amick: Per @ailene_voisin report on Kings/NO trade, no deal done but scenario would send Robin Lopez to Portland, Vasquez to Sac, Evans to Pelicans”
    Sacramento Kings
    Oakland A's
    San Francisco 49's
    San Jose Sharks

vCash
    I don't know if it's worth handicapping us with Wallace's contract. At this point, the only bad contract in those 4 players we'd be giving up is Lopez since Salmons is basically expiring this year (we can waive him after the season and it only costs up $1M). If we're going through with this Tyreke trade, the best thing about this team is that we'll be pretty free with our cap space next year. Might as well give up trying to do anything this season and just try again next offseason at this point (since that's what it looks like we're doing at this point anyway)
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    not having anyone who plays defense is far worse than having a guard who shoots 33% for 3 pointers. this is a huge step backwards. we could have just gotten a facilitating SF but we shot ourselves in the foot as far as being a competitive team goes instead. the best this trade can do for us is make us a better lottery team, which is worse for us anyway this year.
    Its not far worst because Vazquez makes 2.5 million dollars while Tyreke would make 11 million dollars. We still have the salary cap room to get a SF if one exists.

I feel we have a better chance of correcting Vazquez defensive abilities than we do of correcting Tyreke's shooting abilities.

Tyreke made 45 three pointers last season and they were almost all uncontested. Most good SG if they were uncontested at the 3 point line like Tyreke was last they would hit 50% of their threes and hit over 200 threes. However opposing defenses would rather sag against Tyreke and help defend down low compared to guard Tyreke.

I would rather be in the lottery than build a losing playoff quality team. We are in a rebuilding process, and part of the rebuilding process is too acquire the correct pieces to possibly one day win a championship, and I think Tyreke hinders that because he lacks the range required to win championships, and because his salary will hinder us in future seasons.
    Last edited by Plague; 07-04-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast