Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Trade for Depth

vCash

Trade for Depth

This is a playoff team and gave the Spurs more than they wanted. They don't need a big trade or acquisition like Dwight Howard. They need some replacements for Landry and possibly Jack. Handing Jack a multiyear deal worth $24M or so, just wouldn't be money well spent and would insure that they'd pay the luxury tax next year. They pretty much need a back up everything. Don't hold our breaths that Rush will pick up right where he left off. Jefferson and Biedrins are borderline useless, but their contracts aren't. With the hot 2014 free agent class, many teams will be looking to clear as much space as possible to be players for guys like Lebron James, Luol Deng, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, Carmelo Anthony or Amare Stoudemire.

Trade 1: Send Andris Biedrins to the Suns for Goran Dragic and Markieff Morris.

With the Suns getting Eric Bledsoe while still having a lottery pick in Kendall Marshall, Dragic could be the odd man out and the Suns can look to dump his 3 year and $22.5M contract. They'd still have Scola starting at PF with the other Morris brother backing him up. Getting a back up center that has an expiring contract will appeal to them.

Trade 2: Send Richard Jefferson to the Boston Celtics for Jeff Green

Green has 3 years for $28M left on his contract and the Celtics are in rebuild mode. Jeff Green is versatile enough to play the 3 or 4.

Line up:

PG Stephen Curry - Goran Dragic - Scott Machado
    SG Klay Thompson - Brandon Rush
    SF Harrison Barnes - Jeff Green - Draymond Green
    PF David Lee - Markieff Morris - Draymond Green
    C Andrew Bogut - Festus Ezeli (when healthy) - Dwayne Jones

vCash
    Smartest post I've ever seen from a Warriors fan!

vCash
    This should be in the offseason thread.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I dont see Jefferson for Green happening, but the Suns trade could work

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Agree with the first two posters! This is a good idea.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    I'm cool with the idea but don't like the trades you posted and it is a risk banking on Bogut to stay healthy

vCash
    These are actually very realistic trades. Good job!

vCash
    Something tells me the Warriors have a plan for something similar to this once Deight decides to go to Texas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    This is a playoff team and gave the Spurs more than they wanted. They don't need a big trade or acquisition like Dwight Howard. They need some replacements for Landry and possibly Jack. Handing Jack a multiyear deal worth $24M or so, just wouldn't be money well spent and would insure that they'd pay the luxury tax next year. They pretty much need a back up everything. Don't hold our breaths that Rush will pick up right where he left off. Jefferson and Biedrins are borderline useless, but their contracts aren't. With the hot 2014 free agent class, many teams will be looking to clear as much space as possible to be players for guys like Lebron James, Luol Deng, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, Carmelo Anthony or Amare Stoudemire.

Trade 1: Send Andris Biedrins to the Suns for Goran Dragic and Markieff Morris.

With the Suns getting Eric Bledsoe while still having a lottery pick in Kendall Marshall, Dragic could be the odd man out and the Suns can look to dump his 3 year and $22.5M contract. They'd still have Scola starting at PF with the other Morris brother backing him up. Getting a back up center that has an expiring contract will appeal to them.

Trade 2: Send Richard Jefferson to the Boston Celtics for Jeff Green

Green has 3 years for $28M left on his contract and the Celtics are in rebuild mode. Jeff Green is versatile enough to play the 3 or 4.

Line up:

PG Stephen Curry - Goran Dragic - Scott Machado
    SG Klay Thompson - Brandon Rush
    SF Harrison Barnes - Jeff Green - Draymond Green
    PF David Lee - Markieff Morris - Draymond Green
    C Andrew Bogut - Festus Ezeli (when healthy) - Dwayne Jones

Sorry but as a Suns fan, there is no way in hell we make that deal. Cool we get an expiring contract? Dragic is worth a hell of a lot more than that.

I honestly don't see the Celtics having that little of value in Green either.

Pretty optimistic outlook by Warriors fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phxtoday View Post
    Sorry but as a Suns fan, there is no way in hell we make that deal. Cool we get an expiring contract? Dragic is worth a hell of a lot more than that.

I honestly don't see the Celtics having that little of value in Green either.

Pretty optimistic outlook by Warriors fans.
    I laughed out loud when I saw that Biedrins for Dragic trade idea and I'm not even a Suns fan lol
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    This is going nowhere and will lead to insults.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP