Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Rangers sign Manny Ramirez

Rangers signed DH Manny Ramirez to a minor league contract.
    Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News says Manny will report to Triple-A Round Rock on Thursday. Ramirez, who turned 41 years old in May, batted .352 with eight home runs and 43 RBI in 49 games this spring with the EDA Rhinos of the Chinese Professional League. He returned to the United States on June 21 in search of a spot with a major league team and it took him less than two weeks to find one. His power could play pretty well in Texas, making him a decent speculative add in mixed fantasy leagues.
    Hey, I like the signing lol. I actually suggested it a few months back as to why not. Either way I don't think he cracks the big league roster but could work as a fill in pinch hitter or a DH at some point.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    I don't like the signing. Normally I'm all over those reclamation projects like Colby Lewis, Brandon Webb and Soria. But considering all the steroid publicity surrounding Manny, plus his reputation as a negative clubhouse presence, I actually hope he doesn't work out with the team. Ten years ago? Sure, he's an MVP caliber guy. But now? It just seems like a desperation move.

vCash
    it's a very low cost look.
    if he can hit .300 and provide twice the power of berkman it a plus.

vCash
    Manny has NEVER been known as a bad clubhouse presence. It's the exact opposite, Manny has been known as a great teammate.

It's a SMART move. It cost nothing if he doesn't make it to the bigs(league minimum pay if he does) and if he is good he might be that right handed pinch hitter/part time DH we need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    Manny has NEVER been known as a bad clubhouse presence. It's the exact opposite, Manny has been known as a great teammate.

It's a SMART move. It cost nothing if he doesn't make it to the bigs(league minimum pay if he does) and if he is good he might be that right handed pinch hitter/part time DH we need.
    You're confusing him with someone else. Remember "Manny being Manny"? Here's a quote from Jonathan Papelbon:

So Manny was tough for us. You have somebody like him, you know at any point in the ball game, he can dictate the outcome of the game. And for him not to be on the same page as the rest of the team was a killer, man! It just takes one guy to bring an entire team down, and that’s exactly what was happening. Once we saw that, we weren’t afraid to get rid of him. It’s like cancer. That’s what he was. Cancer. He had to go.
    Manny is one of the worst clubhouse guys in history.