Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Do you think the celtics got screwed in the Doc Rivers trade?

One of the guys Boston wanted to get from the Clippers was Eric Bledsoe in exchange for Doc Rivers but LA said no. But now the Clippers trade Eric Bledsoe to the Suns. I mean wtf. I know I know I'm probably over reacting.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Reason he wasn't dealt was the player for coach issue and LAC wanted to keep him as a traded chip to acquire a SG.

A 1st for Doc is golden especially for a guy that was ready to walk away back to broadcasting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine Big Dawg View Post
    Reason he wasn't dealt was the player for coach issue and LAC wanted to keep him as a traded chip to acquire a SG.

A 1st for Doc is golden especially for a guy that was ready to walk away back to broadcasting.
    That i honestly didn't know thanks for clearing that up.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine Big Dawg View Post

x2 and x2

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    They got the opposite of screwed. end thread.
    UNC players with NBA Rings - 14

Duke players with NBA Rings - 3

vCash

Do you think the celtics got screwed in the Doc Rivers trade?

Getting a 1st round pick for a coach that did not want to be here was a steal

As a couple other people in this thread mentioned you're not allowed to trade players for coaches so the Celtics made a great deal here the only way I could do better is if we've gotten the clippers 2014 first round pick but still amazing deal
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Getting a 1st round pick for a coach that did not want to be here was a steal

As a couple other people in this thread mentioned you're not allowed to trade players for coaches so the Celtics made a great deal here the only way I could do better is if we've gotten the clippers 2014 first round pick but still amazing deal
    To me that's a stupid rule. I mean think about it a team can get a winning coach, but the other team can't get a good to really good player? All because of some stupid rule? All well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    To me that's a stupid rule. I mean think about it a team can get a winning coach, but the other team can't get a good to really good player? All because of some stupid rule? All well.

The reason is, trading a player for a coach would impact the teams money towards the salary cap.

If the Clippers had traded Bledsoe for Doc Rivers the Clips salary cap figure would have been reduced by $1.8 M AND they would have gotten Rivers to boot. The Celtics would have been taking on salary AND losing their coach. Double win for Clips. Double loss for C's although they would have received Bledsoe.

The only way a player for coach trade works is if coaches salaries are tied to the cap.
    Current
    Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey
    Jerryd Bayless, Chris Babb
    Jeff Green, Chris Johnson
    Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger
    Kris Humphries, Kelly Olynyk, Joel Anthony

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

Colton Iverson (stashed overseas)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    The reason is, trading a player for a coach would impact the teams money towards the salary cap.

If the Clippers had traded Bledsoe for Doc Rivers the Clips salary cap figure would have been reduced by $1.8 M AND they would have gotten Rivers to boot. The Celtics would have been taking on salary AND losing their coach. Double win for Clips. Double loss for C's although they would have received Bledsoe.

The only way a player for coach trade works is if coaches salaries are tied to the cap.
    So basically trades are 50/50 no matter which way you look at it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    So basically trades are 50/50 no matter which way you look at it.
    Not exactly .... but close.
    Current
    Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey
    Jerryd Bayless, Chris Babb
    Jeff Green, Chris Johnson
    Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger
    Kris Humphries, Kelly Olynyk, Joel Anthony

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

Colton Iverson (stashed overseas)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Not exactly .... but close.
    Its good enough for me lol.