Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is it bad to hope for the 2014 #1 overall pick?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 61.82%
  • No

21 38.18%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is it bad to hope for the #1 pick next season?

I sway back and forth on this issue. I want Bridgewater or that DE in the next draft but feel very guilty for even considering the hope we finish last in the NFL. I honestly think we have a ligit shot at having the #1 pick. Hoping that we lose makes me feel ashamed of myself. If a moderator can add a poll to this thread it would be welcomed and I can't do it from my phone.

vCash
    With horrible qb play this could be a possibility, I would take Clowney, Clowney, Clowney
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE:26582644
    With horrible qb play this could be a possibility, I would take Clowney, Clowney, Clowney
    I have not read anything about Clowney and have no idea who he is. This Bridgewater cat I just learned and read about and pundits seem rather high on him. Also who is this DE pundits say could be #1? Pardon my ignorance and I should of educated myself better about the next draft class before posting this. Also friend should I put my tail between my legs for hoping for a losing season?

vCash
    Raider_Vet I f'ed up my answer is YES! We don't need a #1 next season to be better and continue the transformation.... We need to hope for as many wins as we can get and continue to let RM and DA do their job... Ok, that should do it...

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    If we got the #1 pick overall, I'd trade it for sure.

Bridgewater is a hell of a talent, and Clowney is a monster but you could receive a pretty penny for either of those two.

vCash
    The number 1 pick next draft guarantees ONE thing, WE SUCKED! That's a tough pill for me to swallow. Let's HOPE our Raiders rise-up and make us proud, nation!
    "There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm." ~Patrick F. McManus

vCash
    its too bad Clowney or Bridgewater couldn't have been in this draft, i would love Clowney because he is such a freakish athlete (but leagues above Ansah). That being said, i would like to see progress this season and hope some of our current rookies step up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidergonnaraid:26583785
    its too bad Clowney or Bridgewater couldn't have been in this draft, i would love Clowney because he is such a freakish athlete (but leagues above Ansah). That being said, i would like to see progress this season and hope some of our current rookies step up
    So Clowney is the DE everyone is speaking of? Ty and I will check him out.

vCash
    Yes it s bad. I think out of the QBs we have one of them will surprise us. If not well we will see how the draft looks at that time injuries bad season ect like Wilson had last year any of them could drop in the draft due to bad luck. So we will see.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    yes, it is the unforgivable sin. you should know better. it's ****posts like this that would make one question your loyalty. not only have you shat on your personal dignity, but competitive integrity as well.

congratulations.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Fvk that. I don't want the #1 overall. I want the Raiders to win, surprise some so called experts and carry momentum heading into 2014. When its us against the world, 1 player isn't enough to change the balance. We've got work to do. Hopefully this team is blue collard and packed a lunch.

vCash
    ^ thank you. imo, it's better to build on a 6-8 win season than a 2 or 3 win season. if we want long term success (which i'd be damned if everyone in here didn't want), we should hope for improvement. one player won't singlehandedly save our franchise. freakin megatron is good partly cuz he has a strong-armed, accurate quarterback, and a line that protects him and gives him time to deliver the throw. and where are they anyway? they won 0 games with him one season. they've won 7, 0, 2, 6, 10, 4 games with him. that's not encouraging. we are not one player away from greatness anyway. team sports don't work that way. we'd destroy everything we've done already (which is a lot, naysayers don't know anything and can continue to suck on their elbow in their free time) if we shot for the #1 pick.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki:26584141
    yes, it is the unforgivable sin. you should know better. it's ****posts like this that would make one question your loyalty. not only have you shat on your personal dignity, but competitive integrity as well.

congratulations.
    Here we go with the insults... prime example of what I speak of. You are a simpleton if you think we are going to put a winning season in place. Hell the way RM has this set up it looks like he is gunning for the #1 pick. Look I never said I hope it happens but it crossed my mind. Also kiss the rabbit between the ears. 6-8 wins, quit smoking the Sherm you idiot. Or let me guess those magic undies you sport in Utah is to tight and cutting off blood to your brain?
    Last edited by Raider_Vet; 07-03-2013 at 02:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Fvk that. I don't want the #1 overall. I want the Raiders to win, surprise some so called experts and carry momentum heading into 2014. When its us against the world, 1 player isn't enough to change the balance. We've got work to do. Hopefully this team is blue collard and packed a lunch.
    Agree 17382917382719%

vCash
    For now, no way Vet.

However, if we are at 1-2 wins late in te season and a Manning was there...yeah, I'd root for to tank. I don't see that QB next year though.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast