Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Letter To Howard

I'm not sure if this is thread worthy or not but i want you guys to see this if you haven't yet.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-n...rd/2013/07/02/
    :c

vCash
    So, you can stay in Los Angeles, embrace what’s expected of you and cement your place in the history books as the man who successfully took the baton from George, Kareem, Wilt and Shaq. Or you can go ahead flee to the Houston, where they’ve won only two playoff series in the last 18 years.
    truth

vCash
    I feel like this too, I want him to stay, but if he leaves, it just means that he wasn't the player we thought he was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by popo85 View Post
    truth
    Indeed.

vCash

vCash
    I mean if he leaves what do we do this year? ... Just tank?

vCash
    Ha.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

vCash
    Pringles.

vCash
    Too emotional.

Relax.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tytanium 24 View Post
    We try to put a competitive team together, play out next season and then clean house. If Kobe wants to keep playing, we sign him at vet min.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy:26579733
    Quote Originally Posted by Tytanium 24 View Post
    We try to put a competitive team together, play out next season and then clean house. If Kobe wants to keep playing, we sign him at vet min.
    How much is the vet minimum??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by majmarcus View Post
    Vets minimum is around a $1 million dollars give or take a few hundred thousand. And if you think Kobe Bryant is going to take that kind a pay cut to stay with the Lakers....I have some swamp land in the Arizona desert to sell you.
    Kobe will probably take a cut from $29 million down to $25 million. And that's it!

As far as what do we do if Dwight Howard doesn't sign?....ANSWER: Play On!

There is still talent on this team, Dwight Howard is NOT a top 5 talent. It's not like when Cleveland lost LeBron. We act as if Pau Gasol is some scrub. Kobe will be back and they are recruiting some solid players to come off the bench. In the last couple of years it was our bench that failed us more than anything. And that goes back awhile now. This could be like when Denver traded Carmelo....They actually got better. There is talent in the draft next summer and a great F/A class also.

And most importantly stock this team with guys who play hard and love and grasp the history and legacy of the purple and gold. Regardless of who the coach is, D'Antoni, Phil or Mark Madsen (LOL).

vCash
    Son of a *****!! The guy totally ruined Monsters University! was gonna watch it this weekend...
    #Chow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by majmarcus View Post
    It makes no sense to think that the Mamba will make less than old Nash! On the other hand, Howard will be an imbecil if he decides to fly away! Next season Lakers will have tons cash and possibly a very good pick to move forward. Kobe and Gasoline might stick around for more cash to help him reach his first ring of the many more to come if he sticks around. I only agree that the idea of having Jimbaco and his coach around it is ver scary!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestlaker75 View Post
    Vets minimum is around a $1 million dollars give or take a few hundred thousand. And if you think Kobe Bryant is going to take that kind a pay cut to stay with the Lakers....I have some swamp land in the Arizona desert to sell you.
    Kobe will probably take a cut from $29 million down to $25 million. And that's it!

As far as what do we do if Dwight Howard doesn't sign?....ANSWER: Play On!

There is still talent on this team, Dwight Howard is NOT a top 5 talent. It's not like when Cleveland lost LeBron. We act as if Pau Gasol is some scrub. Kobe will be back and they are recruiting some solid players to come off the bench. In the last couple of years it was our bench that failed us more than anything. And that goes back awhile now. This could be like when Denver traded Carmelo....They actually got better. There is talent in the draft next summer and a great F/A class also.

And most importantly stock this team with guys who play hard and love and grasp the history and legacy of the purple and gold. Regardless of who the coach is, D'Antoni, Phil or Mark Madsen (LOL).
    I will say at around 9 or 10 depending on his level of game at the time of negotiations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast