Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

DP to be bought out!

All over twitter. First reported by Arthur Staple
    Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 27m

Team will use compliance buyout for DiPietro -- $1.5 million owed for next 16 seasons will not count against cap.

Can't say I am surprised

vCash
    Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG+Braves
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

vCash
    delete
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG+Braves
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

vCash
    With Parker Milner signed yesterday and 2 goalies drafted, this should surprise no one.

That's Koskinen, Poulin, Nilsson, Milner, Williams, and McAdam in our system and it's including the 1-2 goalies we're yet to bring in to start. DP simply shouldn't be taking playing time away from the youngsters.

With that, good for the Isles for buying him out. No one loved playing for the Isles half as much as Ricky D did, and we owe him the chance to go back into free agency and see if he can latch on with a team and rejuvenate his career.

Best of luck to Ricky in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    I'm sad it never worked out for us and Ricky. Ricky when he did play played with his heart out on his sleeve and gave it his all, It's ashamed his body couldn't hold up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ompzwIEVEXg

Still, that was a ridiculous contract he received but you can't blame him, blame Mad Mike. This is pretty much an end to an era that was awful, and like kmo said we have plenty of young pieces to look forward too. I wish Ricky the best wherever he winds up unless our Islanders are playing him.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    ^Snow was GM when DP was signed to that deal but Wang was the one who forced that deal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash

Good guy and I wish the best for him, but man am I glad that is done. It was just a cloud hanging over them. Clear out the drama.