Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

How does we fix the tigers?

Simple thread... What realistically does everyone think can be done to fix the problems we've been having?

Please keep responses at least somewhat realistic. i.e. Nobody say trade prince for blah blah... Because it isn't going to happen.

vCash

How does we fix the tigers?

Fire Leyland. That's the first step.

vCash
    1. Trade for BP help. Probably multiple arms including a lefty and a closer/set up man, depending on how Benoit handles the closing spot.
    2. Wait for Avila to come back and try and rekindle the pitching magic earlier in the year. Also hope his bat picks up.
    3. Look into fixing the LF spot (internal or trade)
    4. Hope V-Mart gets it going. Maybe move him down the lineup for a short period of time and put Peralta in his spot. Try and spark some life in the lineup and take some pressure of Martinez.
    5. Maybe try to hit and run more to try and prevent the multiple DPs in one game (although with slow ***** all over the lineup that will be tough).

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Tough call, just so many things aggravate me about this team. We definitely need another arm in that bull-pen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Fire Leyland. That's the first step.
    Lol you probably chant it every year when the Tigers go through their mid season slump. We'll heat up in the 2nd half. 2006-2010 we always started hot and ended bad, it seems like the norm for us has become, start mediocre/par, and end hot. I'm not worried. The bullpen could use a piece though...
    Tulo: The only man allowed to like Justin Bieber

vCash
    The only thing that doesn't need a tune up in the SP and the infield. We could use another outfield bat, a catcher who is consistent, and a bullpen arm. The bat seems to be more important. I think we can/already have both. We are rumored to be willing to part with NC or Garcia. Trade one of them for the bullpen arm. If we do it better be either Papelbon or someone who has proven he can win. I think NC or Garcia gets called up soon. Or I think calling up both is a good idea. Garcia plays LF, NC plays 3B, Cabrera goes back to 1B, Fielder goes to DH, and Martinez comes off the bench. He is having a down year and needs to be part time. Giving the young guys a shot is not a bad idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stretchedmonkey View Post
    Lol you probably chant it every year when the Tigers go through their mid season slump. We'll heat up in the 2nd half. 2006-2010 we always started hot and ended bad, it seems like the norm for us has become, start mediocre/par, and end hot. I'm not worried. The bullpen could use a piece though...
    No I've been wanting him fired since I was in the 6th grade. Yeah it's been 5 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stretchedmonkey View Post
    You are probably right that'll happen. That's why I'm not in full panic mode. The issue I have is how many times does this have to happen before it comes back to bite us? It's just a bit frustrating to watch and have to hope and pray they get hot in the second half again and again.

vCash
    Paps and Delmon Young

for

Nick Castellanos, Tyler Collins, Eugenio Suarez
    ?

vCash
    I never want to see Delmon Young in a Tigers jersey again

vCash
    We can't, we're just fans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillies4life1 View Post
    Paps and Delmon Young

for

Nick Castellanos, Tyler Collins, Eugenio Suarez
    ?
    That's funny! Posters think Ilitch's bank account is endless.
    Even funnier if Dombrowski is told to cut team payroll to meet Papa's salary the next 3-1/2 seasons.
    Yes, Pap's 2016 salary option is achievable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    1. Trade for BP help. Probably multiple arms including a lefty and a closer/set up man, depending on how Benoit handles the closing spot.
    2. Wait for Avila to come back and try and rekindle the pitching magic earlier in the year. Also hope his bat picks up.
    3. Look into fixing the LF spot (internal or trade)
    4. Hope V-Mart gets it going. Maybe move him down the lineup for a short period of time and put Peralta in his spot. Try and spark some life in the lineup and take some pressure of Martinez.
    5. Maybe try to hit and run more to try and prevent the multiple DPs in one game (although with slow ***** all over the lineup that will be tough).
    I think number 1) is the biggest priority for us. I know we don't score late in games, but there are members of our bullpen that just aren't getting the job done.
    2) I'm pretty positive that when Alex comes back, our SP will immediately improve.
    3) I wish we would just start Garcia everyday. The worst that would happen is that he's better than our other internal options.
    4) I think Vmart needs to be moved in the lineup. It's a quick and easy thing to do to! No trade, no extra players. Just slide him down to six and let peralta hit five.
    5) I would like more hit and runs...and also more stealing attempts. We have 3 guys that can steal: Jackson, Infante, and Hunter. Give them the green let. Let them loose...if they get caught a couple of times, no big deal. It would force the opposing team to at least think about us on the base pads.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    We can't, we're just fans
    I figured either you may say something like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    I figured either you may say something like this.
    Truthfully it's just an easy way for me to subscribe to a thread lol

As far as my actual opinion, I have no idea, I wish we had more speed to fit our park better, but it wouldn't make a difference if the manager won't utilize the speed. Bullpen help is needed but I'd rather explore internal options before sending away prospects.

Also, for crying out loud can we ease Rondon into the bullpen a little better? I do not like throwing him into high pressure situations right now, let his confidence build first.

vCash
    It's the same as last year and the year before.

1) Bench stinks. Santiago is trash. Don Kelly is trash and still gets signinifcant PT. Pena is a solid backup C, but beyond that.....it's dung.
    2) No speed. We are largely a station to station team. Double plays kill us. Not scoring on singles.
    3) Defense. do I need to say more.
    4) Pen is the biggest. Why is Phil Coke on the roster? No one we can count on.

I'm not saying fire Leyland, but he is on his last run. If they blow it, he needs to go. His infatuation/loyalty to guys like Kelly, Coke, Santiago is nauseating at best. We can cut bait and get kids to do what they do if not more.

I don't see Avisail Garcia being much down the road. I also see Porcello as a guy who could thrive in the right environment (Detroit is not it). hese are a couple chips we need to explore moving for pen help and some depth. I think as effective as he has been, we still need to slide Smyly to #5. I think his talent is not maximized in a pen role.

I know they will be in the mix in the end, but for crying out loud.....we should be running away with this division. The fact that the Indians are there with us proves that this team is not built for the stadium/long term success.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast