Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Albert Pujols on the Cardinals front office: “they know what they did”

Albert Pujols spends a lot of this interview with Jon Paul Morosi talking about his contentment in life and stuff, and how he has great relations with folks from his Cardinals days, but he still apparently holds some grudges against the Cardinals front office about how they handled things when he left town:
    http://bleacherreport.com/tb/daHhh?u...ouis-cardinals

I think Pujols wanted too much money and our front office was smart enough not to give it to him.

I'm not saying the front office did everything right, but I don't see Pujols has a victim here.

Just my two cents.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals

Considering they've been applauded through baseball for the move I would just take it as Albert is congratulating the organization for their smart move of not investing in his overpaid *** lol

Personally.

I don't know why we are still talking about it.

He left on his own choice. We aren't some ex-boyfriend pining over them. We are better off since he left, and will remain that way moving forward.

I would have liked to see him retire as a Cardinal. But it wasn't worth the cost to do so.

We are divorced now, I say let it go (I have).

I think most have. I don't hear many Cards fans overly bitter about it like with Cavs fans with Lebron James.

I think in this situation what we have is Pujols, knowing he didnt make a great choice by leaving (not as far as success anyway) and he is the ex girlfriend who thought they would be doing great and that the ex boyfriend wouldn't move onto bigger and better things and in reality it's the opposite way around

im tired of hearing about it

I think its more that some of the Talking Heads in St, Louis are still hurt by the move. The fans, from what I see have moved on. I'm really not interested in the story-line. Much more concerned with the ever increasing number in the L, column.

Not sure what Lynn"s/Miller's problem is, but Westbrook has been terrible. He should go the way of Boggs and bring Carlos Martinez back up. Isn't he supposed to be stretched out by now?

He is but I think they wanna get him AAA time since he only came up from AA first time

Yeah it's not a big deal at all really. Albert love ya man and it was just a business decision, it's nothing personal.

Does anyone else when they hear Pujols talk almost feel like he wants it to be personal? He always hints bad things happened and then won't talk about it? It almost has the feelings like he thinks the cardinals fans should just go with him not the team. That's just how it's sounding to me, kind of a poor me approach.

Like I'm ever gonna feel bad for a guy banking like that

On the Angels forum they're referring to him as Albertross, and he got booed tonight for being hitless in this series. Pujols WAR is currently 0.0.

I don't feel bad for Albert. He had it good and could have been king here (albeit at a discount), but he took the money and ran. He made his bed now he has to lie in it.

I'm sure there are good things about playing for the Angels. The weather is definitely nicer, but I think the fans in St. Louis may have been more understanding (though he also would have been making less).

He still lives in St. Louis in the offseason and hangs with Matt Holliday and his kids still go to school here. I think the only reason he went to LA was to make more money. I think he'll end up regretting it because LA fans will not be as understanding.

Ultimately, it's better for the Cardinals that Albert left. His contract, even at a discount, would have really tied the Cardinals down. He's making the money he wanted so I guess good for him, too. I just know that I would rather play in front of the Cardinals than just about any other fanbase, especially if I was struggling. There's also something to be said for the idea that fans expect more from the players who make more. When you play in front a fanbase that is usually pretty kind and you've been there a long time and you took a discount to be there, you probably won't get booed as much as Albert is now.
    Last edited by redbird89; 07-04-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals