Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriot Way?

vCash

Patriot Way?

It's really quite ridiculous at the silence from which the media handles this Hernandez situation. Why is there no outrage towards the "Patriot Way"? They do nothing but collect turds and everyone praises them for it because they like them. They've been successful so everyone turns a blind eye towards the truth. That truth is they are merely one step above the Bungles in collecting shady character players. Look at Alfonzo Dennard, a player who had 1st round talent that every team avoided like the plague. Th Pats took him. They did the same with Hernandez. Same with Talib. Same with Haynesworth. Randy Moss was drawing no interest from any teams until the Pats came aliong. There were plenty of teams that took Mallett off their boards. And the list can go on.

Teams can choose to do this but typically suffer the consequences such as the Bungles as they get hammered by the media. You know and I know if this were the Jets, the media would be full-throat at how "bad" the Jets are run with countless circus overtones. This isn't even resembling honest, fair and impartial journalism which is an oath all journalists vow to uphold. Where are you so-called professional journalists? Impartial and seekers of truth? I don't see any of you. The slience is deafening. I could make an argument that the Pats are enabling an environment for bad behavior to exist by employing such low-character turds. It wouldn't be off the mark as what we're witnessing with Hernandez as he was funded mightily to pursue his gang exploits.

The bottom line is that the Pats get a free pass from the media and fans alike simply because they have won in the past. Sorry but that's not the question here. If you seek the truth, you're not supposed to be veered off course by the periphery. Continue hiding your heads in the sand, media and continue to be the cowardly reporters of sensationalism blind towards any semblance of truth.

Patriot Way, my ***! You guys are all suckers for buying into that.

vCash
    Didn't they cut him already? I think it fits the "Patriot Way" perfectly, they will keep you if you are a net positive and get rid of you when you start to become a net negative.

But I think your judgment may be clouded since you are a Jets' fan. If this thread devolves into nothing more than a bait thread, it will be closed and anyone who does conduct baiting will be punished accordingly.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    they cut one of their best players just for being implicated in a murder (not being convicted). most teams wouldnt do that. the pats should be praised for that.

and all those guys you mentioned arne;t shady. it's the NFL most players have some character flaws. the league would go out of business if they got rid of all guys like haynesworth, moss, etc.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    I'm going to follow my own advice and not bother replying to more Jets whining.
    Last edited by TheVicster; 07-01-2013 at 09:25 AM.

vCash
    Most people deserve second chances. I applaud teams like the Bengals and Pats for giving guys second chances in life when no one else wanted to. For the most part, it has paid off. If these guys get into trouble again, the teams cut ties with them. The "Patriot Way" has absolutely nothing to do with Aaron Hernandez's transgressions. Actually it has cost him his job even before he's bad his day in court. In giving second chances you win some and you lose some but most likely it's the players fault when they lose, not the teams.

vCash
    How about the 49er way? Or the Packers way? Or the Falcons way? The patriot way? I'm not bringing it up to open old wounds (honestly, I don't care and every team probably did it), but spy gate anyone? Why is this organization being looked at like it's morally and ethically above the rest of the league when history can easily disprove that? Oh wait... it's in Boston and ESPN... oh yea...

vCash
    The moralizing is just an amusing feature of New England sports. Empty-headed journalists (usually players turned journalists) buy into it and it gets rehashed on ESPN over and over. Let's just blame it on Puritanism since it clearly bears very little resemblence to actual reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    they cut one of their best players just for being implicated in a murder (not being convicted). most teams wouldnt do that. the pats should be praised for that.
    Source? The majority of teams actually would cut their #2 tight end given the exact same circumstances. That's a ridiculous claim to make and there's no basis to it what so ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    I'm going to follow my own advice and not bother replying to more Jets whining.
    Almost a half century of losing will do that to a fan base. You can't take jet fans or their team serious. Remember these are the same people that told us how good Sanchez, Rex, Tanny etc were.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveMyPrivates View Post
    Source? The majority of teams actually would cut their #2 tight end given the exact same circumstances. That's a ridiculous claim to make and there's no basis to it what so ever.
    hernandez is more than most teams number 2 tight end. he's there number 2 pass catcher.

and no, most team would not cut him until after the trial if he was convicted. the pats said just putting himslef in the situation to be a suspect was enough to get the boot. the fact that the pats did not wait to let it sort out speaks a lot to them, most teams would not have cut him so early. it is still entirely possible hernandez could play next year (it's not looking likely, but it's possible)
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Teams with strong veteran locker rooms and leadership in their FOs can take chances on troubled players. Aside from Hernandez, none have any real transgressions.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    The Patriot way is more symbolism for the culture that BB has implemented and the great players that bought into the system for the sake of winning. Football is the ultimate team sport. Everyone on the team does their job and the whole team has success.

Hard for BB or anyone in the organization to control what their players do outside of the stadium. Hernandez was a fine teammate, never dogged it on the field, did his job, and was fine around the media. He was a great football player.

It seemed like he was at least trying to turn his life around at one point and it is really sad to see that he was involved in violent criminal activities when he wasn't playing football which is unacceptable and why he was cut almost immediately. Again, hard for the Patriots to control or monitor what he does off the field.

For the record the OP listed all those players the Pats took chances on and even with that during BB's tenure the Pats are at the bottom of the league in terms of # of arrests over those years.

In other news Danny Amendola just made my fantasy team.
    Last edited by Patriot Pride; 07-01-2013 at 11:46 AM.

vCash
    What the Patriots did was smart, theres no going around it. One of their best remaining playmakers didn't even get charged yet and without blinking an eye he was released. Most teams would have atleast let the legal process play out, the patriots did serious damage control. Not long after they offer free Hernandez jersey exchange, that was brilliant. They deserve praise, because that was grade A PR and awesome damage control.

With that being said im a jets fan, and dislike the Pats.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    You jealous your team doesn't have the same set of standards OP?

vCash

Jets fans reaction to this has been universally ridiculous and annoying, not just at PSD. Everywhere.

Future Packer Guaranteed!

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast